Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to make a gazillion dollars at the box office.

1. Buy franchises at the right time
2. Pump out new movies every year

Even comic book movies gained all their momentum through Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman Begins, even Blade, before Disney started the MCU.

Sent from mTalk

You're underselling Kevin Feige vision way back in 08, kicking off with Iron man and using little known superhero characters to create a shared universe.

There was no momentum with Spider man or X=men. It took Marvel studios and no origin story to finally do Spider man justice.

And why leave out Pixar or Disney's live action remakes.

If only it was as simplistic as just two steps to make stacks of cash

I have a question. So is it established that Kylo and Snoke are not sith at all?
If thats the case why does Kylo idolise and want to carry on the sith way when he had his heart to heart with his grandfathers melted helmet?
Sith and Jedi have been battling for thousands of years. I dont want a no sith star wars. They are the custodians of the force along with the jedi.
As Yoda would probably paraprase the Joker " What would I do without you? You complete me"

Lol what? Spider-Man 1 and 2 were huge. X-Men was huge.

Sent from mTalk

What I'm saying is that, there was fatigue with Spiderman. We had Sam Raimi early 2000's version, which wasn't to bad, but fizzled out at the third film.
Then another attempt in 2012, with another origin story. They didn't meet box office expectations. Any suggestion of momentum is farcical.

Marvel doesn't even own the rights but manged to strike a deal to use the character in the MCU. Sony knew it was in their interest to allow Marvel to use Spiderman,

As for the X-men, its success has been recent. Days of future past opened in 2014. No coat tails to ride there.

You're underselling Kevin Feige vision way back in 08, kicking off with Iron man and using little known superhero characters to create a shared universe.

There was no momentum with Spider man or X=men. It took Marvel studios and no origin story to finally do Spider man justice.

And why leave out Pixar or Disney's live action remakes.

If only it was as simplistic as just two steps to make stacks of cash

Umm no.
X2 was massive as were the 1st 2 Spider-man movies.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Umm no.
X2 was massive as were the 1st 2 Spider-man movies.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Didn't say those films weren't massive box office successes.

The most recent, Andrew Garfield, spiderman movies were flops in comparison.

My point was in relation to down playing the influence of Disney/Marvel/Feige on the Comic book genre.

Bob Igor and Disney have done very well

However, apparently Disney intend on strong arming cinema's by demanding extra percentage on tickets sales for the Last Jedi. Nobody likes to see a corporate powerhouse squeeze the little guy

Didn't say those films weren't massive box office successes.

The most recent, Andrew Garfield, spiderman movies were flops in comparison.

My point was in relation to down playing the influence of Disney/Marvel/Feige on the Comic book genre.

Bob Igor and Disney have done very well

However, apparently Disney intend on strong arming cinema's by demanding extra percentage on tickets sales for the Last Jedi. Nobody likes to see a corporate powerhouse squeeze the little guy

It's not downplaying the influence, but acknowledging the groundwork had already been laid for those sorta films. Disney/Marvel/Feige didn't reinvent the wheel like say, Star Wars did in '77.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that we now know Finn is piloting one of the Ski Speeders, can there be much doubt which one is him? :D

Last-Jedi-5.gif

It's not downplaying the influence, but acknowledging the groundwork had already been laid for those sorta films. Disney/Marvel/Feige didn't reinvent the wheel like say, Star Wars did in '77.

Marvels shared universe, in my opinion, did reinvent the wheel.

Even my wife, who hated comic book movies, now looks forward to the next MCU movie. I suppose it depends on a certain point of view.

Going around in circles isn't my bag and probably why i don't post a lot. So back to topic :)

Just like Yoda and Obi-Wan wanted Luke to kill Vader. It's going to be more like ESB than they're saying. Rey will end up being captured without being rescued, let's just hope she isn't stashed on Jakku in the beginning of IX and Luke has to rescue her, although one thing that'd be cool about that is that it'd make Luke do something cool and useful in this ST.

Just like Yoda and Obi-Wan wanted Luke to kill Vader. It's going to be more like ESB than they're saying. Rey will end up being captured without being rescued, let's just hope she isn't stashed on Jakku in the beginning of IX and Luke has to rescue her, although one thing that'd be cool about that is that it'd make Luke do something cool and useful in this ST.
Can almost predict the plot and which ST characters are replicating OT characters.

Can almost predict the plot and which ST characters are replicating OT characters.

Yeah. Kylo will ask Rey to join him so together they can overthrow Snoke and rule the galaxy. She will refuse, even though Kylo will reveal to her that Luke killed her parents. I don't think they'll go for a parentage plot twist, but you never know. The First Order will get the upper hand, but the Resistance will still exist. In IX, Kylo and Snoke will die, Luke will sacrifice himself, and Rey will emerge as the strongest out of those four. The Jedi will return, the Resistance will win, and balance will be restored. Luke won't want the Jedi to end because he's discovered something shocking about them or learned that the Jedi teachings were wrong, it'll be because he's lost hope. Rey will bring the hope back in him. The best I can hope for is that Luke makes some valuable contribution to the Resistance winning other than sacrificing himself to stop Snoke or just training Rey.

Yeah. Kylo will ask Rey to join him so together they can overthrow Snoke and rule the galaxy. She will refuse, even though Kylo will reveal to her that Luke killed her parents. I don't think they'll go for a parentage plot twist, but you never know. The First Order will get the upper hand, but the Resistance will still exist. In IX, Kylo and Snoke will die, Luke will sacrifice himself, and Rey will emerge as the strongest out of those four. The Jedi will return, the Resistance will win, and balance will be restored. Luke won't want the Jedi to end because he's discovered something shocking about them or learned that the Jedi teachings were wrong, it'll be because he's lost hope. Rey will bring the hope back in him. The best I can hope for is that Luke makes some valuable contribution to the Resistance winning other than sacrificing himself to stop Snoke or just training Rey.
You pretty much nailed it :cool:

What I would make TLJ about:

1) Make Rey a wound in the Force like the Exile, but don't call it that. Just have Luke say something about how he thinks she severed her own connection to the Force somehow as a result of the trauma from the loss of her random parents. As people die around her, her power grows rapidly. Mary Sue solved.
2) Kylo reveals to Rey that Luke killed her parents and was searching for her but couldn't find her because of her severed connection.
3) Rey, Kylo, KoR attack Luke on Ahch-to. This is where it's clear that I'm a Luke fanboy, but Luke fights them off, manages to turn Kylo back to the light, Rey lets out this explosion of rage and it buys her enough time to escape, not to Snoke, but back to Jakku.
4) Reveal that Kylo turned because he felt that Luke strayed from the original teachings of the Jedi. Decides to form his own order, the KoR and use both sides of the Force.
5) Snoke tries to recruit Rey, but she refuses because he was the one who kidnapped her parents and recruited them. Explosions go off in the ship, allowing her a chance to escape with Kylo.

What I would make TLJ about:

1) Make Rey a wound in the Force like the Exile, but don't call it that. Just have Luke say something about how he thinks she severed her own connection to the Force somehow as a result of the trauma from the loss of her random parents. As people die around her, her power grows rapidly. Mary Sue solved.
2) Kylo reveals to Rey that Luke killed her parents and was searching for her but couldn't find her because of her severed connection.
3) Rey, Kylo, KoR attack Luke on Ahch-to. This is where it's clear that I'm a Luke fanboy, but Luke fights them off, manages to turn Kylo back to the light, Rey lets out this explosion of rage and it buys her enough time to escape, not to Snoke, but back to Jakku.
4) Reveal that Kylo turned because he felt that Luke strayed from the original teachings of the Jedi. Decides to form his own order, the KoR and use both sides of the Force.
5) Snoke tries to recruit Rey, but she refuses because he was the one who kidnapped her parents and recruited them. Explosions go off in the ship, allowing her a chance to escape with Kylo.
You know Disney and Kathleen Kennedy are not going to be that creative or shocking.
There's a matinee formula they're following, and this ST is essentially a reboot and rehash of the entire OT. Each episode of the ST will glean elements from each of the three OT movies, adding a bit here and there that didnt exist before (like Finn vs Phasma), and voila, you have a new SW trilogy for the youth of today.

You know Disney and Kathleen Kennedy are not going to be that creative or shocking.
There's a matinee formula they're following, and this ST is essentially a reboot and rehash of the entire OT. Each episode of the ST will glean elements from each of the three OT movies, adding a bit here and there that didnt exist before (like Finn vs Phasma), and voila, you have a new SW trilogy for the youth of today.

Yeah. They shouldn't be saying how different TLJ is then. Different characters and character motives != different plot. I just outlined a different plot, but like you, I really can't see it playing out any other way than:

1) Rey is powerful cause Mary Sue!
2) Rey is somehow a Solo, it's brother and sister all over again! Either way, it won't matter, we won't get a good reason why she's stronger than Luke and Anakin were.
3) Luke will be underwhelming and the weakest of the four.
4) Kylo turned because they kept the Vader secret from him and Luke was there at the temple and couldn't stop him cause only the god Rey can.
5) Snoke tries to recruit Rey, Rey refuses, escapes, reunites with Resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back