STARDOM discussion thread (On Stardom World and PIA, "We Are Stardom" on YouTube)

Remove this Banner Ad

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: she was only 22.

this was the gist of the story from earlier today...

There was a major scare earlier today involving Hana Kimura, one of the top stars of Stardom. She evidently had a severe bout with depression. She is part of the cast of a reality show in Japan that is also popular on Netflix. She lost her temper at one of the male roommates on the show for not taking her ring outfit out of the wash before starting his own wash and her ring costume got ruined and she lost her temper and slapped him. It resulted in her become a big villain to people viewing the show and led to her depression where she posted photos of her cutting her arms and there was an implied suicide threat.

In the incident filmed in early January, one of the housemates named Kai had washed his clothes, and unbeknownst to him, Hana's wrestling gear was in the washer. He washed it again with his stuff and threw it in the dryer. Then it shrunk and she couldn't wear it anymore. She was angry and said it was the costume she wore in the Tokyo Dome, and it had many memories, and that her ring gear was her life. Without it she can't work. This was all on the show.

She confronted the guy and slapped him upside the head to knock his hat off, because he didn't seem apologetic. Since that episode, Terrace House fans worldwide were sending her nasty messages and telling her to die, etc. "If your costume is your life, why did you leave it in the washing machine" and stuff like that, telling her to leave the show and die.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: she was only 22.

this was the gist of the story from earlier today...

There was a major scare earlier today involving Hana Kimura, one of the top stars of Stardom. She evidently had a severe bout with depression. She is part of the cast of a reality show in Japan that is also popular on Netflix. She lost her temper at one of the male roommates on the show for not taking her ring outfit out of the wash before starting his own wash and her ring costume got ruined and she lost her temper and slapped him. It resulted in her become a big villain to people viewing the show and led to her depression where she posted photos of her cutting her arms and there was an implied suicide threat.

In the incident filmed in early January, one of the housemates named Kai had washed his clothes, and unbeknownst to him, Hana's wrestling gear was in the washer. He washed it again with his stuff and threw it in the dryer. Then it shrunk and she couldn't wear it anymore. She was angry and said it was the costume she wore in the Tokyo Dome, and it had many memories, and that her ring gear was her life. Without it she can't work. This was all on the show.

She confronted the guy and slapped him upside the head to knock his hat off, because he didn't seem apologetic. Since that episode, Terrace House fans worldwide were sending her nasty messages and telling her to die, etc. "If your costume is your life, why did you leave it in the washing machine" and stuff like that, telling her to leave the show and die.

Such a sad story about Hana.....

I really hope that wrestling fans from around the world learn from this experience. The hatred & vitriol that Hana received on social media isn't that different than some of the negative comments that we share here on this forum (particularly a discussion last week about the appearance of female superstars). If only we could all be a bit kinder than we wouldn't lose such incredible talents as Hana. Her career really was just getting started.

The hatred & vitriol that Hana received on social media isn't that different than some of the negative comments that we share here on this forum (particularly a discussion last week about the appearance of female superstars).

but (to my knowledge) no one here is wishing death upon someone like the Terrace House fans did.

but (to my knowledge) no one here is wishing death upon someone like the Terrace House fans did.

...all I’m suggesting is that we can all bit kinder in what we say about other people. I hope this is a reminder for all that professional wrestlers are still people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

obviously on a micro level, we don't compare. but on a macro level, every entertainment field, from television to sports to bloody youtube stars, are filled with people displaying toxic fandom, people who think these characters are their friends or enemies, and just sprouting insanely stupid stuff, and it's just dangerous and we should always be making sure we as fans are not moving towards that.

from the comments:
"Kai was a freeloader who wouldn't pay for anything even on dates because he's a struggling stand-up comedian, but he also wouldn't do his share of the housework. That was bugging some of the people in the house. That led to this outburst by Hana, who once used to be attracted to him, when she found out that her Tokyo Dome costume, that cost a lot of money, was ruined because of his mistake."

What an incredibly sad and bizarre thing to happen. She was posting suicide notes and self-harm pics on Twitter, basically commentating her suicide, and supposedly someone did check up on her, but then she went and was able to do it anyway? Incredible.

apparently she went on this show to find love.

this is according to translation from Kairi's twitter:
"I was able to notice her tweet right away because it was afternoon in the United States by the time difference (midnight in Japan time) and I called Jungle Kyona and Rossi Ogawa with Io immediately. Kyona went with all her might. But ... I didn't make it "

What an incredibly sad and bizarre thing to happen. She was posting suicide notes and self-harm pics on Twitter, basically commentating her suicide, and supposedly someone did check up on her, but then she went and was able to do it anyway? Incredible.

I very heavily suspect she was gone by the time people got there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back