Player Watch Stephen Coniglio = A bulldozing machine

Remove this Banner Ad

With all due respect, why would Cogs go to hawthorn?
To play under the best coach in the league who he respects highly.
His best mate (Jaeger O'Meara) plays there. Another good friend (Tom Mitchell) also plays there. A fair draw to line up in the middle with a couple of friends.
He gets to play 10 to 14 games a year, in front of decent crowds, on the MCG.
The Hawthorn training and medical staff are amongst the best in the league.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
His best mate (Jaeger O'Meara) plays there. Another good friend (Tom Mitchell) also plays there. A fair draw to line up in the middle with a couple of friends.

All strong reasons

But what about if he wants to play in a premiership?

Danger kicks these mongrel floaters quite often when running at full tilt, it’s part and parcel of running full tilt. People these days say ‘oh look, 45% disposal officiency’ as if it means something, it doesn’t allow for the factor that an inside mid is under the pump and just slamming a kick foward out of a pack, or they’re getting tackled whilst disposing etc.
all good and well if you’re a back pocket getting cheap unmanned possessions but meaningless if your a mid copping a tag and operating in a phone box constantly.
Actually, Champion Data do have a kicking stat that factors where players kick from, whether they are under pressure, what's their historical efficiency etc.

Dangerfield is still a poor kick.

To be fair, Geelong played in five grand finals, won 3 and only finished outside the 8 once in the preceding 10 years.

Not really comparable situations.
And Hawthorn have played finals in 10 of the last 12 years and won 4 flags (and one runners up).

Your point being?

All strong reasons

But what about if he wants to play in a premiership?
He goes to play under the coach who’s the most proven premiership winning one?

We will also have a truckload of room in the salary cap next year.

Going to be a lot of old legs go walking at the end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach who himself said he isn’t likely to be at the club come 2022?
Decent crowd of 10,000 fans most of them opposition supporters like today?

Danger kicks these mongrel floaters quite often when running at full tilt, it’s part and parcel of running full tilt. People these days say ‘oh look, 45% disposal officiency’ as if it means something, it doesn’t allow for the factor that an inside mid is under the pump and just slamming a kick foward out of a pack, or they’re getting tackled whilst disposing etc.
all good and well if you’re a back pocket getting cheap unmanned possessions but meaningless if your a mid copping a tag and operating in a phone box constantly.
Dangerfield is a horrible kick off one step from behind the mark as well. He does literally everything else to a very high standard, including getting distance off both feet but he's never been a good ball user by foot. He'll still kick some miracle goals regardless.

Both of those statements are wrong.

Try again.

Like how he is leaving to coach West Coast, or Carlton, or whoever else the media have linked him to in the last five years?

And Hawthorn attendances in 2019, average of 36,233 per game, sixth best in the league. But you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/attendances

B.O.G last night

The guys a gem

What?

Shouldn't a BOG have to hit a target?

He had the worst disposal efficiency on the ground last night. Yes 43 players had better DE than him.

He's a good player but his disposals are nowhere good enough for someone that gets so many uncontested possessions.

Good to see that the coaches don't give away cheap BOGS like you to players that can't hit a target. Not even 1 vote. Like i said later in the thread, you have no idea what you are talking about.

ESSENDON v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
10 Zac Williams (GWS)
5 Jacob Hopper (GWS)
5 Zach Merrett (ESS)
4 Adam Saad (ESS)
3 Dylan Shiel (ESS)
2 Shaun McKernan (ESS)
1 Josh Kelly (GWS)

It was 32,000. If your going to troll, then at least get your facts right first.

A player moving clubs doesn't take things like ''crowd attendances" into consideration. That's why Mitchell, O'Meara, Wingard, Scrimshaw, Scully etc all chose Hawthorn without any hesitation. :moustache:

And plenty of people would have said the same about Geelong but a big free agency signing changed that.

Yeah nah. It's over. You doned well. But it's over. Time to rebuild. Just don't rebuild like us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back