Scandal Stephen Dank charged by NT police

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha No! That's not how it works.

The CAS must be comfortably satisfied that the alleged doping took place. If they thought that it might have, then they would have dismissed WADA's appeal.

You can spin this anyway that you wish but everybody, including yourself, knows that what you claim is a load of old cobblers.

Let me help you out here with a direct quote from the Arbitral ruling:

Para 151. For the above reasons:
(i) The majority of the Panel is comfortably satisfied that all players violated Clause 11.2 of the 2010 AFL Anti-Doping Code and were significantly at fault in so doing: and
(ii) one member of the Panel agrees with that conclusion save in the case of several players in respect of whom he is not comfortably satisfied that such use is made out

That is the actual decision. There is nothing about 'thinking it may have happened'. The written decisions is absolutely clear, the were comfortably satisfied that the players doped. So let's drop the bulldust, stop trying to pretend the decision was somehow unfair and stop trying to rewrite the facts. Especially, when you're not very good at rewriting the facts.

To put it more simply, NOT what you said
Actually 11.2 covers use and attempted use. Doping doesn't need to have taken place for a violation to occur. Or to put it more simply, not what you said.

Actually 11.2 covers use and attempted use. Doping doesn't need to have taken place for a violation to occur. Or to put it more simply, not what you said.

The appeal by WADA, that was upheld, was for use of TB-4. Thats well and truly covered in the CAS decision. I still have a copy if that will help you.

Put simply, exactly what i said.

....but thanks for playing :rolleyes:

Which is incorrect. Only an attempt to dope is required for a violation to take place under 11.2

You really are struggling with this aren't you?

The WADA appeal was for the breach of the AFL Anti-Doping code by the use of TB4, not attempted use but actual use. CAS needed to be comfortably satisfied that the actual use took place. There was no suggestion of attempted use and you are just trying the create a dispute where none exists.

This started off with one of your fellow supporters making the absurd claim that CAS was thinking it might have happened. That was crap.

Now you're trying to pretend that it might have been attempted use. It was never involved in this case. The appeal was for use and the decision was it was used.

So yes, exactly what I said. In this case, CAS needed to be comfortably satisfied that TB4 was used....and they were

You really are struggling with this aren't you?

The WADA appeal was for the breach of the AFL Anti-Doping code by the use of TB4, not attempted use but actual use. CAS needed to be comfortably satisfied that the actual use took place. There was no suggestion of attempted use and you are just trying the create a dispute where none exists.

This started off with one of your fellow supporters making the absurd claim that CAS was thinking it might have happened. That was crap.

Now you're trying to pretend that it might have been attempted use. It was never involved in this case. The appeal was for use and the decision was it was used.

So yes, exactly what I said. In this case, CAS needed to be comfortably satisfied that TB4 was used....and they were
I'm not struggling, what you wrote was incorrect. There is no need to provide doping actually occurred for a violation of the code. You state there is, you are wrong.

I'm not struggling, what you wrote was incorrect. There is no need to provide doping actually occurred for a violation of the code. You state there is, you are wrong.

Yeah you are struggling.

I never said that doping has to actually occur to breach 11.2 as you well know.

What I did say was that CAS had to be comfortably satisfied that it had occurred because the WADA appeal was for use not attempted use.

As I said, you are trying desperately to create a dispute where there is no dispute by ignoring what I said and making up things that I didn't say.

My posts are still there for all to read. So are yours and I know who is more comfortable with that

Yeah you are struggling.

I never said that doping has to actually occur to breach 11.2 as you well know.

What I did say was that CAS had to be comfortably satisfied that it had occurred because the WADA appeal was for use not attempted use.

As I said, you are trying desperately to create a dispute where there is no dispute by ignoring what I said and making up things that I didn't say.

My posts are still there for all to read. So are yours and I know who is more comfortable with that
That wasn't how I read your post. I'm comfortably satisfied now.

The architect of the Essendon supplements scandal, disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank, has been charged with several offences in Darwin.

news.com.auDecember 3, 20194:51pm
db56e0560aea7dd62f3117821804b804

Stephen Dank after a court appearance.Source:News Corp Australia
Disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank has been slapped with several charged by Northern Territory police, relating to his employment at a Darwin health clinic.
The man ASADA identified at the centre of the Essendon and Cronulla supplement scandals which resulted in more than 50 professional footballers accepting bans, will face court in Darwin on Wednesday.
Northern Territory police released a statement on Tuesday afternoon to announce Dank has been charged with multiple fraud offences as well as recklessly endangering serious harm and causing serious harm.
“The man has been summoned to appear at the Darwin Local Court on Wednesday 18 December, 2019,” the police statement claimed.
“As the matter is before court no further information can be provided.”
The NT News reports the offences relate to Dank’s employment at Darwin’s Ageless Health Clinic NT in 2017.
Essendon players caught up in the infamous peptide saga are reportedly still considering further action to clear their names, arguing there has never been proof the 34 banned players were injected with the Thymosin beta-4 substance.
WADA successfully overturned an original ruling at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which resulted in the 34 players receiving 12-month suspensions from the AFL.
Stephen Dank.

Stephen Dank.Source:News Corp Australia
AFL agent Peter Jess has told the NT News the latest charges against Dank could have ramifications for any future legal action taken by the banned Bombers.
“It raises obvious concerns from my point of view,” Mr Jess said.
“Were there any other supplements/drugs that were given?
“I don’t think there’s any possibility he injected them with thyamosin beta-4. It wasn’t in the country.”
It is another hit for Dank who was in 2017 issued with a bankruptcy order by the Federal Court after failing to turn up to a hearing.
The bankruptcy proceedings were started earlier this year by the Bendigo Bank, who sought out to recover $100,000 Dank had borrowed and invested in a timber company that collapsed three years later.
Dank was found guilty of multiple counts of trafficking, possessing and attempting to administer banned substances by an AFL tribunal, and has been handed a life ban from sport as a result.
In 2016, Dank’s Melbourne home also came under fire in a reported organised shooting.
He was treated in hospital for a superficial graze to his forehead following the shooting and was released on the same day.

Has there evere been a convincing non-apologetic reason for the Dons not persuing Dank legally all those years ago?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they know he will bury them.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Besides, he's probably too busy to talk to them......with his upcoming trial and everything.

Silver lining to every crowd though, if he winds up in the Darwin Correction Centre, he could gather a whole new range of suppliers and customers. Just a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon fans keen to defend Dank now, as this is all just an AFL led conspiracy to bring down the greatest AFL side the country has ever seen, right?

Right?
Pretty sure you'd struggle to find many EFC fans of sound mind who would defend Dank. We'll leave that to esteemed members of the community like Graeme Cornes and Alan Jones.

OK TINMAN

Hird was never able to source the supplements he directly desired. He needed a tool why would Dank risk his career for the sake of some sporting club? It was Hirds desperation and need to be "the club legend".

Funny how the culprit is always the only party without AFL affiliation. All the others involved in the scandal were more affiliated with the AFL. Dank was the least affiliated and thus the scapegoat

Hird was never able to source the supplements he directly desired. He needed a tool why would Dank risk his career for the sake of some sporting club? It was Hirds desperation and need to be "the club legend".

Funny how the culprit is always the only party without AFL affiliation. All the others involved in the scandal were more affiliated with the AFL. Dank was the least affiliated and thus the scapegoat
ARE A COP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back