Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I couldnt concentrate on the interview and would appreciate if someone who did could contribute, but I believe he said the following:

• The Massie match up was reviewed and agreed it was the best match up available
  • Craig is a very good coach
  • McGregor is a required player whose efforts on the weekend enchanced he is finals record
  • We would love to trade for a forward but there are none available
  • They were in weekly contact with Pavs management
  • Next year will be a development year, expect to see a lot more juniors played
Most of this make sense expect for the analysis of the Massie match up and the assesment of Craig. Craig is a good coach but unless he can improve his match day and finals record he cant be considered as very good. As for Massie, we must have alot of shit judges at the club.

Also Cornes, Kerley and 3/4s of the callers couldnt believe the coaching. I hope the club and more importantly Craig listens, because if he doesnt change he will be known as Gary Ayres the 2nd.

Bloody hell Craigey, all you had to do was win one premiership and the world would be saying you are a top knotch coach.

If he takes us to the finals next year and loses I think he will be under a whole new level of pressure. Poor guy.

Is McGregor gone or what? Stiffy says he's gone while Crow Envy says he's a required player. I'd like to keep Kenny as a depth player but I think if there is a trade offer that is acceptable we should take it. An acceptable offer would be a late 2nd early 3rd rounder.

Is McGregor gone or what? Stiffy says he's gone while Crow Envy says he's a required player. I'd like to keep Kenny as a depth player but I think if there is a trade offer that is acceptable we should take it. An acceptable offer would be a late 2nd early 3rd rounder.

I got the distinct impression he was required. As for him wanting to stay thats another story.
If thats all we get is a late 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder than that would be a shocking trade. KPP players dont grow on trees, hes kicked 18:2, performed in nearly every game he has played this year including the final.

I couldnt concentrate on the interview and would appreciate if someone who did could contribute, but I believe he said the following:

• The Massie match up was reviewed and agreed it was the best match up available
  • McGregor is a required player whose efforts on the weekend enchanced he is finals record
Most of this make sense expect for the analysis of the Massie match up and the assesment of Craig. Craig is a good coach but unless he can improve his match day and finals record he cant be considered as very good. As for Massie, we must have alot of shit judges at the club.

Also Cornes, Kerley and 3/4s of the callers couldnt believe the coaching. I hope the club and more importantly Craig listens, because if he doesnt change he will be known as Gary Ayres the 2nd.

Well if that is what he said he wants his head red:thumbsdown:

Massie matchup yes I agree it probably was the best match up, Bassett not being available hurt badly.

Craig is a clone of GA, his match day coaching has alot to be desired, yes he has had a tough year with injuries, but that what about what he has done to Mattner this year?????

Agree McGregor is a required player as he has proven he is a quality forward and backman.

'Would love to trade for a forward but there are none available' forget trade week everyone we anit going to participate because Craig doesnt liking trading or the AFC dont have any balls is basically what that statement is saying:rolleyes:

No doubt they were in weekly contact with Pav's management.

Play juniors when they are ready, lets not overload it.

So we should listen to Cornes and Kerley?? Bit past it as coaches dont you think (In Kerleys case as anything). The key Q is who could have done better than Massie. Stevens/bock/Rutten are all not quick enough. Reality is Franklin is 6'5, super quick, when he is on and kicking straight he is as near to unstoppable as any player in the comp

I thinbk our future is bright

Thommo/Reilly/Knights (superb year and outstanding first finals game) Van Berlo/Douglas and porpylzia (xcould be an A grader, reminds me of Edwards) are all 24 or less

KPP Rutten/Bock/Hentschel/Mcgregor/Gill/Sellar/Johncock are all 26 or less

4 promising ruckmen

Goodwin/Edwards/Mcleod/Torney/Bassett all likely to contribute well in 08

A little bit of luck might help. Who can deny Port have done well, but an extraordinary injury run helps +++

Some leg speed will help

Bloody hell Craigey, all you had to do was win one premiership and the world would be saying you are a top knotch coach.

If he takes us to the finals next year and loses I think he will be under a whole new level of pressure. Poor guy.

You know, they're not that easy to win - I should know!

It could well be another 10 years before a flag comes the Crows way - that's life in the big league!

It's been 17 years for me, 27 for Richmond, 44 for Geelong, and f#cking ages for St.Kilda, and the Western Bulldogs. Shit, even Hawthorn haven't had one for 16 years - you make it sound like all Craigy had to do was turn up to make it happen. You need a lot of things going your way to win a flag!

I wonder how the supporters will be taking it in 2017 when they're celebrating the 20th anniversary of the two-peat performance by Blighty's boys as the last time the cup was held aloft?

You know, they're not that easy to win - I should know!

It could well be another 10 years before a flag comes the Crows way - that's life in the big league!

It's been 17 years for me, 27 for Richmond, 44 for Geelong, and f#cking ages for St.Kilda, and the Western Bulldogs. Shit, even Hawthorn haven't had one for 16 years - you make it sound like all Craigy had to do was turn up to make it happen. You need a lot of things going your way to win a flag!

I wonder how the supporters will be taking it in 2017 when they're celebrating the 20th anniversary of the two-peat performance by Blighty's boys as the last time the cup was held aloft?

Don't think his post was meant to be taken literally.

So we should listen to Cornes and Kerley?? Bit past it as coaches dont you think (In Kerleys case as anything). The key Q is who could have done better than Massie. Stevens/bock/Rutten are all not quick enough. Reality is Franklin is 6'5, super quick, when he is on and kicking straight he is as near to unstoppable as any player in the comp

So how tall is Massie? These guys might not be quick enough but they are tall enough. Its easy to say they couldnt have done better considering they werent even tried. Say they did no worse, we still lose, say they did do worse, well we still lose, but say they did 1 goal better, guess what we win. Wasnt it worth a try?

So how tall is Massie? These guys might not be quick enough but they are tall enough. Its easy to say they couldnt have done better considering they werent even tried. Say they did no worse, we still lose, say they did do worse, well we still lose, but say they did 1 goal better, guess what we win. Wasnt it worth a try?

It may well have been, I guess we will never know. Control the ball better in the last 30 secs and we wouldnt care though. I've more a problem with playing Roo, I love him dearly but we let emotion sway our judgement there, I believe his back was a problem, couldnt bend, couldnt play. Could Mattner have contributed enough to make a difference? again we will never know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it was worth a try. Bock is AA material at CHB, Massie never will be. Hell even Gill would have been worth a go, he has the height, speed and endurance.

Its not just Cornes and Kerley, just about everyone with past or present coaching credentials can't believe no move was made.

I wonder who Franklin would have chosen as a preferred oppponent? A tall or a small.

Massie's supposed 'pace' didn't do jack all to slow down Buddy. Bock, Stevens or Rutten all would have been better options. There were at least a couple occassions where Massie's huge height disadvantage meant he might as well have been on the bench against Buddy. It was an absolutely shocking piece of coaching to leave Massie there all game. As the game wore on you could see Massie's head slump.

The key Q is who could have done better than Massie.

how about an actual defender? I dunno, whaddya think? a utility or an actual defender - wouldn't that be worth a go? FFS... open your eyes, and you'll appreciate Massie was a high risk proposition - whether it worked or it didn't - and now we have people like you pretending that he's the perfect, natural matchup. that's just plain rubbish. utter garbage.

Stevens/bock/Rutten are all not quick enough. Reality is Franklin is 6'5, super quick, when he is on and kicking straight he is as near to unstoppable as any player in the comp

yes, lets use the undersize utlity. btw Stevens in particular IS quick enough. Franklin beat massie over the mark every time, that's how he got clear on the lead, but for spilled marks he could've kicked 10 - 12 goals. how did you miss that?

I am just ****ed off up to here, people pretending Massie was the only logical choice - I just can't believe I am reading that.

It may well have been, I guess we will never know. Control the ball better in the last 30 secs and we wouldnt care though. I've more a problem with playing Roo, I love him dearly but we let emotion sway our judgement there, I believe his back was a problem, couldnt bend, couldnt play. Could Mattner have contributed enough to make a difference? again we will never know?

you're confusing getting away with a mistake, and not making one.

that's just silly. pretty obvious that our defensive setups didn't work, and whether we escaped or not, changes nothing. nothing.

thompson doesn't kick out on the full, and Roughead doesn't have 7 shots on goals, Franklin does have 9 shots on goal? wow, learn something new everyday.

look, sorry If I am being a bit harsh, but you've been posting this same nonsense on a number of threads.

you're confusing getting away with a mistake, and not making one.

that's just silly. pretty obvious that our defensive setups didn't work, and whether we escaped or not, changes nothing. nothing.

thompson doesn't kick out on the full, and Roughead doesn't have 7 shots on goals, Franklin does have 9 shots on goal? wow, learn something new everyday.

look, sorry If I am being a bit harsh, but you've been posting this same nonsense on a number of threads.

I have to agree the whole "if Thompson didnt kick out of bounds on the full it wouldnt matter" is rubbish.

You cant look at what went wrong for us and pin it all to one mistake, thats just rediculous.

Yes if Thompson didnt kick it out on the full it might have been glossed over, but the coaching staff still would have gotten it horribly wrong.

In the end we didnt deserve it, we let them come back from 5 goals down and the coaching from us was shit. Hopefully some harsh lessons werent learnt up in the box for the future.

how about an actual defender? I dunno, whaddya think? a utility or an actual defender - wouldn't that be worth a go? FFS... open your eyes, and you'll appreciate Massie was a high risk proposition - whether it worked or it didn't - and now we have people like you pretending that he's the perfect, natural matchup. that's just plain rubbish. utter garbage.

yes, lets use the undersize utlity. btw Stevens in particular IS quick enough. Franklin beat massie over the mark every time, that's how he got clear on the lead, but for spilled marks he could've kicked 10 - 12 goals. how did you miss that?

I am just F888cked off up to here, people pretending Massie was the only logical choice - I just can't believe I am reading that.

Franklin would have beaten ANY of them on Saturday. He was switched on, delivery was perfect and there was no stopping him. The fact is we will never know whether a change would have made a difference, but as much as you say we should have tried something, there is no guarantee that something would have worked and you'd still be whinging.

Its ridiculous too:p but Hawthorn wanted it more; its as simple as that.
We looked tired after halftime when we should have been roaring to go.

Andrew Jarman summed it up last night we he said that Adelaide need to recruit an assistant that can stand up to Craigy in the coaches box!

For Triggy to say that the coaching panel agreed that Massie was the best option doesnt give me too much faith in them. He may well have been the best option to begin with but FFS you have to have plan b

Franklin would have beaten ANY of them on Saturday. He was switched on, delivery was perfect and there was no stopping him. The fact is we will never know whether a change would have made a difference, but as much as you say we should have tried something, there is no guarantee that something would have worked and you'd still be whinging.

he would have beaten anyone once he got 3-4 steps clear, but that's true of most good forwards. what is wrong here, is assuming that a guy without natural defenders instincts, not used to the timings of leads, the anticipation, less athleticism, oh and a good few inches shorter was the best guy to prevent him getting clear on uncontested leads. the man took one contested mark - one!!!

I can't believe people are seriously saying that think lining up Rohan Smith in dry conditions made sense. 'cause it is exactly the same thing.

he would have beaten anyone once he got 3-4 steps clear, but that's true of most good forwards. what is wrong here, is assuming that a guy without natural defenders instincts, not used to the timings of leads, the anticipation, less athleticism, oh and a good few inches shorter was the best guy to prevent him getting clear on uncontested leads. the man took one contested mark - one!!!

I can't believe people are seriously saying that think lining up Rohan Smith in dry conditions made sense. 'cause it is exactly the same thing.

I think you've answered your own question. He took one contested mark. There is not one defender in our team (Massie IS a defender by the way), - hell many teams for that matter - that could have kept with him on the lead and made a contest out of it. Not one.

and there is no guarantee that it wouldn't have worked either.

At least by trying you dont die wondering.

Massie isnt an experienced full back and wouldnt know as well as others that have played on KPPs about anticipating leads.

You are relying on assumption also by saying that it wouldnt have mattered who was on him. Its was clear to many at half time that the matchup was wrong. To say noone else would have stopped him is just trying to justify a bad coaching move. You never know unless you try, the worst thing to do is write something off that might work without trying it.

Its about having the guts to make important decisions in clutch situations and Craig still has to work on this aspect.

I think you've answered your own question. He took one contested mark. There is not one defender in our team (Massie IS a defender by the way), - hell many teams for that matter - that could have kept with him on the lead and made a contest out of it. Not one.

Experienced full backs know how to curtail forwards making leads sometimes they dont get away with it, but usually they do. If it was a case that Buddy just leads and marks and noone can stop him he would be kicking 10+ goals every week.

No we wouldn't. At least we would have known. The players would have known, the general public would have known.

Once the experiment with Reiwoldt didn't work, it wasn't going to work here either.

But to do nothing just because of the perceived belief that no one else was a better match up is unbelievable from a so called top coaching panel.

You try it even so that we don't have threads such as this one. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back