Strongest Player in the AFL - Pound for Pound

Remove this Banner Ad

Pound for pound Georgie Castagna is our strongest

Reckon if you are talking Pound for Pound Gym strength then you have to look at the short people not the KPP's

Pushup King used to dominate Richo in wrestling. Cant underestimate midget power
I was going to say George from a tiger perspective as well, cause he's light but plays very tall in marking contests, so some decent core strength must be there

Bench press doesn’t take into consideration core and leg strength, If Dusty was proportionally the same size but 200cm he would weigh about 130kg.

His neck is the strongest in the league having to hold all those medals.

In terms of power (not strength) Stringer tested incredibly high pre-draft, and that was coming off a broken leg 12 months earlier.

If we're talking strength to weight ratio Jack Viney is certainly up there. Nugget who can bench 150kgs.

Don’t think Buckley was every that high.
Swan was around the 145-150kg mark which is impressive given he avoided doing weights as much as possible.
Goldsack and Pendlebury were the biggest deadlifters (both around the 220kg mark with a trap bar)
Pendlebury reckons in his podcast when he finally got DeGoey into the gym with him,Jordy went past him in about a month!

Pendlebury reckons in his podcast when he finally got DeGoey into the gym with him,Jordy went past him in about a month!

not surprising
i wouldn’t call Pendles the most gifted physically, but he’s got a crazy high footy IQ and work ethic to match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take a punt on Cyril being one of the stronger pound for pound players in the AFL back when he was playing.

Most of the smaller guys would be pound for pound stronger anyway, as that's how it works out for the most part. Blake Hardwick is the Hawks bench press champ and he's something like 180cm and 80kg.

Looking at Jade Gresham as well, particularly his quads, you'd think he'd be a strong little unit. Would have to be up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back