Super Smash T20 2023/24

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the best crowd catches of all time from a young bloke who dropped it and then kicked it up off his foot to complete the catch.

He has now turned into a celebrity there and the commentators are saying he might get offered a contract for the Northern Brave lol.

Game 22:

Teams:

Central Districts
(Playing XI): Will Young, Jack Boyle, Dane Cleaver(w), Tom Bruce(c), Doug Bracewell, William Clark, Bevan Small, Joey Field, Ajaz Patel, Blair Tickner, Jayden Lennox

Wellington (Playing XI): Nick Greenwood, Troy Johnson, Nick Kelly(c), Muhammad Abbas, Jesse Tashkoff, Callum McLachlan(w), Nathan Smith, Logan van Beek, Peter Younghusband, Ian McPeake, Michael Snedden

Wellington have won the toss and have opted to bat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what grounds are they playing on in NZ? some of the grounds look about 60m long,

The Stags finishing on 147/8 thanks to some great lower order hitting from Logan van Beek.

what grounds are they playing on in NZ? some of the grounds look about 60m long,

They play on proper cricket grounds there but some of the grounds aren't as big as some of the Australian cricket grounds.

Not many grounds in the world would be as big as the MCG though.

Central Women really screwed the pooch against Wellington. Chasing 110 crashed from 3/89 after 15 overs to all out for 109 after 19 overs. Result tied game as no super over involved.

Central Women really screwed the pooch against Wellington. Chasing 110 crashed from 3/89 after 15 overs to all out for 109 after 19 overs. Result tied game as no super over involved.
Horrendous last shot from number 11 , needing 1 off 7 balls, she danced down the wicket to the spinner looking for a boundary.

Not very smart cricket right there. High risk shot considering a tap and go would have been a safer option.

Not sure about Otago batting lineup, that looks a pretty poor team on paper. Not sure how many Kiwi internationals they have but posting 138 at Eden Park is a heavily under par score, given what we saw between Pakistan and NZ on Friday.

What's the standard of this league? Is there opportunity for premier grade Australian cricketers to try their luck?
To be honest if the Australian domestic players competed in their league im not sure they would be that much better.

Yes I know there are some relatively small grounds but to be honest I reckon some of those teams in the Super Smash would beat the likes of: Sydney Thunders, Melbourne Renegades, Hobart Hurricanes of this season.

To be honest if the Australian domestic players competed in their league im not sure they would be that much better.

Yes I know there are some relatively small grounds but to be honest I reckon some of those teams in the Super Smash would beat the likes of: Sydney Thunders, Melbourne Renegades, Hobart Hurricanes of this season.
Wow that's promising to hear as far as NZ cricket goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back