Swans best 22 in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayward in front of harry every day of the week imo

Horse will plsy 2 rucks
More than likely but I'd like to see selection based purely on form. Cunngham was looking good before last year's injury and Hayward may have 2nd year blues. Who knows ? A bit of competition for spots is good.

I don't mind 2 rucks but purely tapping's not enough. They need to take some marks, hit the score board, add to the midfield grunt and provide something in defence. Not sure we'll get all that out of both Naisy and Sinkers

I've updated my 22 to accommodate for Towers. As much as I'd like to see Florent get some games, and as much as I still don't rate Towers, I don't think Towers deserves to be dropped from the side. If he doesn't get better down the track then maybe that conversation could be had but he at least deserves a chance to get better. Then Florent also has time to keep plying his trade in the reserves.

Smith - Grundy - Rampe
Lloyd - Melican - Aliir
Jones - Hannebery - Heeney
Naismith - Kennedy - Parker
Hewett - Franklin - Hayward
Papley - Reid - Jack

Mills, Newman, Towers, Rohan

I actually really like the look of this line-up. Flexibility in the back-line with both Aliir and Rampe down there (Grundy and Melican both playing strictly 1v1). Plenty of exciting x-factor type of talents (Rampe, Aliir, Jones, Heeney, Parker, Buddy, Hayward, Papley and Rohan). Really the only spots that could be up for change is Naismith for Sinclair. Either one is not ideal but we don't have that luxury LOL

You can have a like from me but I'm not sure it's ethical to give yourself likes.

More than likely but I'd like to see selection based purely on form. Cunngham was looking good before last year's injury and Hayward may have 2nd year blues. Who knows ? A bit of competition for spots is good.

I don't mind 2 rucks but purely tapping's not enough. They need to take some marks, hit the score board, add to the midfield grunt and provide something in defence. Not sure we'll get all that out of both Naisy and Sinkers

Even selection based on form, Hayward is ahead of Cunningham.

Cunningham has never kicked 20 goals in a season. Hayward did it in his first year despite being a human twig. Can only go up from there, whereas we've seen Cunningham's ceiling and it hasn't changed much in the four years he's been playing and getting games.

As I said on a different thread I just dont see a role for Cunningham because regardless of where we play him, we have a better alternative. His only hope is if injuries occur

I thought Fu had mentioned him once or twice too often but yeah, OK, my mistake, we could drop Franklin for McCartin and then also drop Reid for McCartin. McCartin should probably replace Joey in the midfield and Grundy could make way for McCartin. I'd play McCartin in place of Mills but instead of Rampe McCartin could take his role. Aliir is really just minding a spot for McCartin and I think we could also play McCartin in ruck instead of Naismisth. McCartin should be named on the bench next to McCartin while McCartin and McCartin should both be in the starting 18 next to McCartin. If McCartin gets up he should replace Towers as next in line after McCartin but only if McCartin's ready to go round 1.

I don’t even know who McCartin is? but this made McCartin laugh. I saw McCartin at Coles yesterday he had a McCartin of eggs after Shopping McCartin got maccas and ordered a large McCartin meal but last minute changed it to a small cause of that footy player thing. McCartin continued to push forward to home where McCartin decided to watch McCartin Daughters. Then McCartin put the news on and trump announced that there will be “no more Inhanced Sub McCartin guns” but guns are still allowed. McCartin grabbed a nice cold McCartin light beer........... why am I here you ask??? I really don’t know lol. I’ll see myself out guys

based off a game that literally means nothing and likely injuries / available players. My starting 22 is;

FB Fox Grundy Smith
HBF Mills Melican Rampe
C Jones Kennedy Lloyd
HF Heeney Reid Florent
FF Hayward Franklin Papley
R Naismith Parker Kennedy

Int: Hewett Stoddart Newman Jack

based off a game that literally means nothing and likely injuries / available players. My starting 22 is;

FB Fox Grundy Smith
HBF Mills Melican Rampe
C Jones Kennedy Lloyd
HF Heeney Reid Florent
FF Hayward Franklin Papley
R Naismith Parker Kennedy

Int: Hewett Stoddart Newman Jack
Towers has been playing better than a number of those guys and can take a hit as ruck.
Unlikely to pick both Newman and Stoddart in the same team at this stage. Maybe later. Towers to replace one. Jones and Lloyd can both rotate back.
Florent, Hayward and Papley all in the same forward line is very light on experience. If he's fit I would pick Macca over Florent.
Agree we only need two tall backs against Weagles. Different against Crows or Cats.
Be really interesting to see who does get picked when the time comes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised at the negativity surrounding Newman. He had such a stellar debut season. He was in our bests a few times, he was a leader possession getter a few times. He tackles like a demon and he is a good kick. Couldn't have had a better season really. Sure he was down after he was injured, but that happens in afl footy. Even the best in the game tend to be down after coming back, let alone a a rookie in a debut season.

Stoddard looks the goods, but he hasn't had the impact of Newman. He doesn't have the body or fitness of Newman. There is no chance he plays above Newman at the start of the season. Maybe around round 10 if things go badly for Nic, and we'll for Riley but as things stand? Not a chance.

Geese people get excited about shiny new things!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
P

Surprised at the negativity surrounding Newman. He had such a stellar debut season. He was in our bests a few times, he was a leader possession getter a few times. He tackles like a demon and he is a good kick. Couldn't have had a better season really. Sure he was down after he was injured, but that happens in afl footy. Even the best in the game tend to be down after coming back, let alone a a rookie in a debut season.

Stoddard looks the goods, but he hasn't had the impact of Newman. He doesn't have the body or fitness of Newman. There is no chance he plays above Newman at the start of the season. Maybe around round 10 if things go badly for Nic, and we'll for Riley but as things stand? Not a chance.

Geese people get excited about shiny new things!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
P

I think it’s Fox rather than Stoddart that is the threat to Newman.

Good win the other day guys and Buddy looking for another coleman this year
Will Naismith play on friday night? missed as to why he was a withdrawal from the game

We seem to have some serious competition for spots with some surprises putting their hand up.

Creating pressure for spots is a great thing for our season ahead. Dawson to hopefully add to that pressure.

The likes of Rohan flashing in and out of games might not be enough.

It’s not necessary a negative against the likes of Newman (who is still on the fringe) but it’s probably a great thing for our list that he could be pushed out of the 22 with others giving the team more. Newman I like but I don’t feel he is damaging generally (at this point in time). We may feel Fox, Florent and maybe even Stoddart the like can add more. Certainly all quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally Rampe plays on Josh Kennedy when we play WCE. Grundy tends to take a resting ruck.
Need to use someone who can go with Kennedy on the lead and make a good contest. Be interesting to see if Melican spends time on him. He's pretty quick if he doesn't get left at the gate. If he does a good job the sky is the limit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back