Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s a bit of a disservice to call him a tagger.

He doesn’t scrag or doing those close-checking things that true taggers do. And he offers quite a bit with ball in hand.

I’d class him as a run-with player, not a tagger.
Yes, Agree with that. With ball in hand can & has set up a number of goals for us. An upgrade on what we had, and dare I say it, a very important player for us as we move towards Sept.

Sydney coach John Longmire has praised Luke Parker's leadership and patience, but says there's no definitive timeline on when the former skipper will earn an AFL recall.

Swans Praise Parker

12MAy24: Swans Daily Media New
Swans Freo match talk starts 21:30mins into the video. Not much on us at all actually, mostly Freo. Just a throw away line of "are we premiership favourites" = Yes.

Unless you count bookies as football analysers.

Used to work for a large gambling organisation.

Their traders/ analyst's put in A LOT of work and really know their stuff.

Each week they had panels at lunch you could watch in the lead up to the weekends events and it would be a tonne better than anything in general media

I don't think we will get much talk this week for 2 reasons.

1. Any win will be seen through the lense of Fremantle being down because of McCarthy
2. I don't think many football analysers actually watched our game as most watched Geelong vs Port.

and Essendon won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we will get much talk this week for 2 reasons.

1. Any win will be seen through the lense of Fremantle being down because of McCarthy
2. I don't think many football analysers actually watched our game as most watched Geelong vs Port.

Funny you should say that because I came here to post this:

The Freo game is the very last one they talk about (21:30) and it definitely sounds like they didn't watch the game. They managed to notice the terrible goalkicking but didn't pick up on the intense Swans pressure throughout the game which a) the neutral commentators Schofield and Pav continually referenced and b) maybe had an impact on the goalkicking. So yeah, they were watching the Port-Geelong game.
That's OK. We like it here under the radar and under-analysed. Let the other clubs try to work us out without help from media.
Plus let's take a bow for killing off the game as a contest so early yet again and making the other games more watchable.
How rare for us but normal in 2024. It used to be the norm that final margin was between 1 and 25 points and wasn't settled until late in the last q.

Am I correct in saying that our game was not covered at all on the Sunday Footy Show other than at the introduction?
At this point, it's almost an artform ignoring us even though we're on top and looking spectacular. It must be quite challenging and skillful to just seemingly forget we exist even though it says right there on the ladder that we're the best team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back