Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised it's not Errol for us, he's usually top of that sort of stat.
Haven’t checked this season, but he was surprisingly average for efficiency/turnovers the past couple of seasons.
Bit like Blakey in that he can identify and execute very high degree of difficulty kicks that few others can do, but also goes those riskier options more than others so turns it over more than a more conservative player.

Another post highlighting Justin being super efficient going inside 50.

I think this reflects Justin's running often putting him in the key role connecting broken play and fast turnovers into entries. He often seems to be the guy in a mile of space swinging it into an open forwardline.

Pretty sure on the instagram post they made a saw Caleb Mitchell down in Melbourne and 24 "playing" squad members down there so it seems like a battle between him and Campbell for the Sub
Pretty sure Campbell has his nose well in front. Mitchell is more likely to be there as an emergency unless there’s an injury we don’t know about.

Pretty sure Campbell has his nose well ahead. Mitchell is more likely to be there as an emergency unless there’s an injury we don’t know about.
Campbell on ability definitely but Mitchell maybe if they wanted to get Campbell more game time as he has played 2 full games in the last 6 (both VFL games) i believe and a couple of sub games for the 1s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fighting about a dozen anti Swans on X , mostly Essendon and Carlton rats , calling Parker a sniper etc
bedford right now:

Martial Arts Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

Rowbottom gets overlooked by the media and even a lot of fans because he doesn't get the disposals or score involvements that others do.

The amount of times he is directly responsible for the ball going from the hands of the opposition into the hands of one of his teammates is so astronomical that if they were counted as disposals and score involvements he'd be leading the entire competition in both stats by a country mile.

Said it before but any media discussion of our midfield that doesn't begin with Rowbottom can get in the bin.
Hard to believe that early this season there were more than a few doubters on this board who were still struggling to see his value. I grant he's lifted his output this year - most young players improve with age - but the renewed focus on our midfield has shone a light on his work. Voss and other coaches would not have missed the job he did on Paddy Cripps. If Jordon and Rowy can nullify Walsh and Cripps AND even help themselves to a goal, they're worth every bit as much to us as their much heralded opponents.

The frustration of Walsh was obvious. I was listening to Cornes and Buckley applauding Jordon's role, with Buckley saying it's a lot like what Cornes used to do. They both clearly liked to see the best opposition players having to work through a close checking opponent and both had a good chuckle when Buckley said Walsh had ended up sooking to the umps. Cornes had some good insights into how to get ****** another player's movements while Buckley suggested some physical ways of dealing with close checking. Buckley was one big hard bastard in his playing days. I came briefly face to face with Buckley during a crowd invasion of the SCG. If my coach had asked me to tag him, I'd have written my last will and testament kissed my loved ones goodbye.

Perhaps the frustration of Cripps wasn't as obvious as Walsh's, but there was a period later in the game when Cripps was getting very frustrated. He started throwing his weight at anyone in a red & white jumper, to the point where I wondered if he would take someone out off the ball. Perhaps Rowy noticed it too as he seemed to put a little more malice into his physical punishing of Cripps, as if to say "You'll get more of this if you f*k with my teammates"

Hard to believe that early this season there were more than a few doubters on this board who were still struggling to see his value. I grant he's lifted his output this year - most young players improve with age - but the renewed focus on our midfield has shone a light on his work. Voss and other coaches would not have missed the job he did on Paddy Cripps. If Jordon and Rowy can nullify Walsh and Cripps AND even help themselves to a goal, they're worth every bit as much to us as their much heralded opponents.

The frustration of Walsh was obvious. I was listening to Cornes and Buckley applauding Jordon's role, with Buckley saying it's a lot like what Cornes used to do. They both clearly liked to see the best opposition players having to work through a close checking opponent and both had a good chuckle when Buckley said Walsh had ended up sooking to the umps. Cornes had some good insights into how to get * another player's movements while Buckley suggested some physical ways of dealing with close checking. Buckley was one big hard bastard in his playing days. I came briefly face to face with Buckley during a crowd invasion of the SCG. If my coach had asked me to tag him, I'd have written my last will and testament kissed my loved ones goodbye.

Perhaps the frustration of Cripps wasn't as obvious as Walsh's, but there was a period later in the game when Cripps was getting very frustrated. He started throwing his weight at anyone in a red & white jumper, to the point where I wondered if he would take someone out off the ball. Perhaps Rowy noticed it too as he seemed to put a little more malice into his physical punishing of Cripps, as if to say "You'll get more of this if you f*k with my teammates"
You said it yourself. He's lifted his output.

Close your eyes and that voice still has plenty of zing. Pick that out in a crowd, great to see him and the show of respect to a legend.

They both clearly liked to see the best opposition players having to work through a close checking opponent and both had a good chuckle when Buckley said Walsh had ended up sooking to the umps.
There was a fair bit of umpire sooking going on by Carlton players as the night wore on. Three of them turned round and had a go at the umpires after Amartey shepherded through Warner's long shot at goal. I daresay Amartey was impeding them, but it's one of the idiosyncrasies of our game that you can get away with almost anything on the goal line when you're shepherding for a goal.

Newman showed his displeasure after he gave away a head high free to Heeney on the edge of our fifty in the third quarter. I know sometimes players create those free kicks by ducking their heads, but in that instances Heeney's was down collecting the ball and I'm pretty sure he didn't lower it further or drive forward.

And then there was another one that Newman whinged about when two players were chasing the ball towards the boundary. I guess he thought he was being held, but it was pretty minor if it was there, and it was probably better for the Blues that the ball went out of bounds. If he'd taken possession he'd just have been tackled.

I know the dissent rule was taken a bit far two seasons back, but now it seems to have been completely abandoned, and players are allowed to show their dislike of frees paid (or not paid) with impunity. I don't think the game is better for the current application.

I think this reflects Justin's running often putting him in the key role connecting broken play and fast turnovers into entries. He often seems to be the guy in a mile of space swinging it into an open forwardline.
Agree with this, though his best kick this year was that one into the eye diddle diddle of the SCG to find Heeney. Just sliced the field open. J-Mack the Knife, you might say.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back