Autopsy Swans v Blues - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Friday May 17th 7:40pm - (S.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How could it … when it doesn’t include Essendon the new premiership favourites??

Not sure where you got that from.

Who is calling us premiership favourites rofl. I haven't seen a single person say that.

Last edited:
Not sure where you got that from.

Who is calling us premiership favourites rofl. I haven't seen a single person say that.
Mate it’s a media frenzy around the Bombers this week - all they see is an opportunity to engage and sell to an audience that was dormant - a bit like Carlton!

Match of the round this one.
Hard to pick a winner but I will say Swans by a goal because of home ground and ladder position.

Carlton are a good side though, so flip of the coin.

Should be a cracking game.

Both sides have shown they mean business in 2024 and will be confident.

Swans look undersized down back without McCartin who held Curnow well in the EF.

Probably give a slight edge to the Swans up in Sydney, but wouldn’t at all be surprised should Carlton take the 4 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra is a big out as he is probably (along with Hewett) the only mid in the team with an A-grade footy brain. Whilst Sydney look to have some height disability down back - they have a #1 wood to roll out - and that is far more team continuity than Carlton has - which is hovering around zero.

For Carlton to have any chance against Sydney's faster fitter mids and forwards - everything has to go right which means that hard ball ground ball gets has to also be married to no fumbles, no brain fartz, and some genuine team based run - rather than a succession of brute force or sheer individual efforts - and these have to coincide with better than usual conversion ratio for Charlie and Harry in particular - Harry will probably be busy as second ruck so clearance dominance you forget about in this game.

I think Martin out can be covered somewhat - but Cerra and Pittonet a bridge too far on top of the running machine Cottrell on top of all the other outs?

Can't see Carlton winning this one and if somehow Voss and teh players conjure up a win it would be a genuine massive upset in my books. Even with none of these outs - Sydney are in better form and playing at home and would still be favourites.

God I’m tired of boorish Carlton “supporters” banging on. Of course we can win, as we’ve done recently with plenty of injuries against GWS & Melb.

Tight losses against Collingwood & Geelong.

All with an equally long injury list.

Most of the players who are out, have been out for much of the year & we are 6/3.

We have a strong forward line that will test Sydney, one of the comps best midfields & a much more water tight back 6.

The key will be pressure! Bring a pressure rating 200+ and we’ll have a chance to upset the swannies’ transition game from D50.

This is a line ball game people!

How could it … when it doesn’t include Essendon the new premiership favourites??
Essendon poster makes complimentary post about this match. In the finest traditions of BF, Carlton poster uses this as pretext for a gratuitous slag off of the Bombers
This would be an insane GF.
Well then , in that spirit I would say the only possible reason I could enjoy a Carlton -Sydney GF was if it turned out to be a re-run of the 1945 'Bloodbath Grand Final' and both sides had multiple players sitting on the sidelines for the first 6 weeks of 2025.

As to this game, it really does have the makings of a great game. It's hard to be dogmatic about who will come out on top in the midfield battles as both sides have some guns in top form there. Rampe is a good match up for Charlie I would think, but with McCartin missing not sure who can nullify McKay, so you'd think it's vital for the Swans to gain midfield ascendancy. Particularly important to try to minimise Blues getting clean takeaways from centre bounces . Surprised so many have tipped Swans by 'a lot' , expect it to be close whichever side wins. (Although 20 points is a pretty low bar to be considered a lot)

Fantasia in and there goes any chance we had of getting the 4pts.

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

I swear he has nudes of Vossy this scrub. 🫣🤮😒

Reckon Swans have been underrated this season.

Everyone banging on about Essendon, Carlton, GWS, Geelong etc…but Sydney just quietly getting the business done with absolutely no fuss.
If people are banging on about us they need their heads read.

We are not winning anything this season with the constant injuries we are getting every week.

Back