Autopsy Swans vs. Blues R3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

We played well in patches but still went into our shell at times. Jones, Papley, Kennedy and Cunningham all did some nice things moving the ball. Heeney destroyed it, Mills working into it (finally.) Dawson and Thurlow looked clear headed in their play today too. A lot to work on but positive signs.

A win is a win but we are talking about Carlton here. Jose Longmire here to stay for sure :drunk::drunk::drunk: why on earth would you try to imitate Mourinho? Do you know that he's been sacked by Manchester United and Chelsea even after they won the EPL? Do you want to end up with the same fate Horse?

Damn. The symmetry of two 0-3 teams meeting next Thursday is denied us all.

Oh well :p

Perplexing game. We smashed them but failed to kick 100pts. Again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Controlled the game for the most part, disappointing our forward line is still dysfunctional as hell.

Horse again went full shutdown in the last quarter which almost cost us again. But credit for the first half where he changed it up and it worked, why we didn't stick with it i don't know.

Changes need to be made. In the previous weeks, you could argue without the momentum being in Sydney's favour and leaders not showing up that the younger players could (could) be excused. There was a significant patch throughout the game where Sydney was clearly the dominant team with all the momentum. Who's missing?
1. Florent - If he plays next week, selection committee needs a sacking.
2. Mills - The third game in a row where he's done nothing. It's not the Mills of old where he reads the ball and marks it over and over.
3. Ronke - He butchered it pretty hard but the effort was there. Something that you can't speak of with regards to Florent.
4. Dawson - Meh game. One good play in the final quarter isn't enough to warrant reselection.
5. Parker - Again, like Mills, third week in a row of doing nothing. 2s please.

Very unfortunate that McVeigh and Hayward went down. I've been critical of Hayward the past couple of weeks, but he definitely showed up to play today. Proper effort, chased and tackled, actually unfortunate.

It was very clear what worked well for Sydney today. Jones was the difference. Imagine having a second player also with the speed and break of Jones in the middle. I think that would change the season around.

A win is a win but we are talking about Carlton here. Jose Longmire here to stay for sure :drunk::drunk::drunk: why on earth would you try to imitate Mourinho? Do you know that he's been sacked by Manchester United and Chelsea even after they won the EPL? Do you want to end up with the same fate Horse?
This is AFL not soccer & there are only about 4 coaches capable of coaching regular finals victories in the country & Horse is one of them.

IF Heeney isn't a dual browlow medalist by the time his career is over I'll wear a chicken costume to work everyday for a month.

We might not win a flag this year but some good recruiting over the off season and we will be in the mix. Need another big beast mid.

Parker better when he doesn't kick blindly around the corner.

Reid needs to clunk a few more grabs and hit the scoreboard.

Next Thursday night should be fun

Changes need to be made. In the previous weeks, you could argue without the momentum being in Sydney's favour and leaders not showing up that the younger players could (could) be excused. There was a significant patch throughout the game where Sydney was clearly the dominant team with all the momentum. Who's missing?
1. Florent - If he plays next week, selection committee needs a sacking.
2. Mills - The third game in a row where he's done nothing. It's not the Mills of old where he reads the ball and marks it over and over.
3. Ronke - He butchered it pretty hard but the effort was there. Something that you can't speak of with regards to Florent.
4. Dawson - Meh game. One good play in the final quarter isn't enough to warrant reselection.
5. Parker - Again, like Mills, third week in a row of doing nothing. 2s please.

Very unfortunate that McVeigh and Hayward went down. I've been critical of Hayward the past couple of weeks, but he definitely showed up to play today. Proper effort, chased and tackled, actually unfortunate.

It was very clear what worked well for Sydney today. Jones was the difference. Imagine having a second player also with the speed and break of Jones in the middle. I think that would change the season around.

Disagree on Mills and Florent. Mills looked more composed as it went on and Florent was involved in a few nice handball and kick chains. Ronke was rubbish compared to those two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back