Sweet Reality Presents: Stuff I have cooked and shared recipe thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesterday was the weather for cottage pie. So I spun the Dietary Requirement Roulette wheel. It came up with a good number.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_185728.jpg
    IMG_20200404_185728.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 218

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pizza at BlueVein’s

Ingredients.
Smoke House Pizza Kitchen bases.
Vein’s homemade sugo.
Panko schnitzel
Mushrooms, sliced and fried.
Mozza, colby and Parmesan blend.
Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle BBQ sauce.
Chilli flakes.
Basil.

View attachment 856522
o_O

Panko Snitz on pizza? 10/10 for style, minus a billion for good thinking.

o_O

Panko Snitz on pizza? 10/10 for style, minus a billion for good thinking.
Mate, it is something else. Nice, crunchy panko snit really gives the pizza another dimension. Sometimes I find za to be a little sloppy, so the texture of the snit balances it out.
It’s like a backwards parma.

20200412_131804.jpg

Easter lunch today..

Marinara Aglio e Olio

I'll pop the recipe and instructions up after I put my 2 year old down for a sleep!

Instructions

1. Boil salted water and add pasta.

2. In a wide pan with a lid, add
1/2 cup white wine
2 cloves garlic crushed
Some thyme
Bring to boil and add pippis. Simmer on medium heat until pippis open up.

3. Remove pippis, place in a bowl and strain the 'stock' keeping the liquid in a seoerate bowl.

4. Wipe pan, add a decent dash of olive oil, 2 thinly sliced cloves of garlic, finely chopped red chilli and half a cup of chopped parsley.

5. Add chopped lobster tail first. Add the stock from pippis, cover and let the lobster poach for 1 minute. Add fresh prawns and again cover for 1 minute.
Add pippis, cover for 3 minutes. Finally add calamari and cook for 2-3 more minutes.

6. Drain pasta, add a healthy dash of olive oil to pasta and stir. Pour seafood on top.

7. Squeeze lemon juice and zest over top, garnish with parsley and black ground pepper.

Eat. 😉

Last edited:
Tonight I faced one of my greatest culinary challenges ever. I just happen to play dietary requirements roulette every evening. As a result there can be some weird stuff that turns up in the disguise of food.
A member of my family is coeliac, and also doesn't eat any meat apart from chicken breast, doesn't eat cheese or milk based dishes, so finding recipes that don't become either bland or boring is a constant challenge. I'm not an impulse food buyer because I do the bulk of the cooking but somebody, not mentioning any names (Mrs m) came home with five (!!!!!) bags of Textured Soy Protein. It sat in the cupboard, daring me to use it for so long until I gave in.

So tonight I gave it a go. A simple bolognese. Onion, carrot, celery, pancetta, herbs, white wine, tomato paste. Nothing challenging. The first job is to rehydrate the TSP and the first thing you notice is the smell. Angry cardboard is the term that comes to mind. Fry everything up, add TSP and other stuff. Cook well to ensure that all the flavours are well mixed.

And how was it? Did the offspring swoon at their old man's culinary expertise?

Like hell they did. It was revolting. No matter how well everything else combined, you couldn't escape the fact that angry cardboard has terrible texture and a taste that cuts through everything.

Four and a quarter packets of TSP in the bin. Good riddance.

Tonight I faced one of my greatest culinary challenges ever. I just happen to play dietary requirements roulette every evening. As a result there can be some weird stuff that turns up in the disguise of food.
A member of my family is coeliac, and also doesn't eat any meat apart from chicken breast, doesn't eat cheese or milk based dishes, so finding recipes that don't become either bland or boring is a constant challenge. I'm not an impulse food buyer because I do the bulk of the cooking but somebody, not mentioning any names (Mrs m) came home with five (!!!!!) bags of Textured Soy Protein. It sat in the cupboard, daring me to use it for so long until I gave in.

So tonight I gave it a go. A simple bolognese. Onion, carrot, celery, pancetta, herbs, white wine, tomato paste. Nothing challenging. The first job is to rehydrate the TSP and the first thing you notice is the smell. Angry cardboard is the term that comes to mind. Fry everything up, add TSP and other stuff. Cook well to ensure that all the flavours are well mixed.

And how was it? Did the offspring swoon at their old man's culinary expertise?

Like hell they did. It was revolting. No matter how well everything else combined, you couldn't escape the fact that angry cardboard has terrible texture and a taste that cuts through everything.

Four and a quarter packets of TSP in the bin. Good riddance.
Gold mog, but must be tough having a coeliac in the family. As I’ve gotten older I struggle with pasta, bread, rice and red meat. Changing my diet sucked, but I allow myself bread and red meat (mince) once a week. Then I discovered cows milk messed with me as well, so now it’s almond milk (I call it another name).

Gold mog, but must be tough having a coeliac in the family. As I’ve gotten older I struggle with pasta, bread, rice and red meat. Changing my diet sucked, but I allow myself bread and red meat (mince) once a week. Then I discovered cows milk messed with me as well, so now it’s almond milk (I call it another name).
One of the offspring is using almond milk, but still eats cheese and ice cream. 🤪 I did try soy milk well over 20 years ago and the inconvenience and taste wasn't worth any possible benefits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back