Sydney VS Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't I have a clue about Football? Is it because you believe I'm from Sydney? If you believe that then you're the freaking idiot! You telling me to stop blaming the umpires and yet you're having a go at them for their first half performance. That's a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Take a good look at yourself moron before you say people don't know jackshit about Football. Idiot! This is one reason why Essendon is hated in the AFL.

He's saying you have no idea about football because all you do is whinge about free kicks and can't see the whole picture.

You certainly are paranoid about people suggesting you are from Sydney, Bombs Away made no reference to that, yet you bring it up any way. I still remember your massive tear fest the time that I assumed you were.

You are one of the reasons why Sydney are fast becoming a hated team, two or three years ago, they were well respected, but now after all the hand outs, and people like you can only whinge when you lose a game. Yes you had bad luck, but that's the situation Sydney create with their low scoring negative style games, the games are usually decided by a kick so luck has a big part in them at the death.

Why don't I have a clue about Football? Is it because you believe I'm from Sydney? If you believe that then you're the freaking idiot! You telling me to stop blaming the umpires and yet you're having a go at them for their first half performance. That's a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Take a good look at yourself moron before you say people don't know jackshit about Football. Idiot! This is one reason why Essendon is hated in the AFL.

I know you're not from sydney, as by you photo would show, you are an MCC member, that doesn;t mean you know shite about anything.

He's saying you have no idea about football because all you do is whinge about free kicks and can't see the whole picture.

You certainly are paranoid about people suggesting you are from Sydney, Bombs Away made no reference to that, yet you bring it up any way. I still remember your massive tear fest the time that I assumed you were.

You are one of the reasons why Sydney are fast becoming a hated team, two or three years ago, they were well respected, but now after all the hand outs, and people like you can only whinge when you lose a game. Yes you had bad luck, but that's the situation Sydney create with their low scoring negative style games, the games are usually decided by a kick so luck has a big part in them at the death.

I haven't whinged much about the umpires this year until this game. All the teams that has beaten us have played well to beat us. But Essendon were lucky. It's people like you, can't realise that. It's people like you, is the reason why Essendon is sooooo hated!

I haven't whinged much about the umpires this year until this game. All the teams that has beaten us have played well to beat us. But Essendon were lucky. It's people like you, can't realise that. It's people like you, is the reason why Essendon is sooooo hated!

Sydney were lucky Essendon let them back in the game.

McPhee was OOB, who's to say Swans would have got the next goal and Essendon wouldn't have kicked the next 5? Hall did what the rules have said all year not to do, he got pinged for it. Essendon didn't write the rules but you seem to be blaming us for them.

Just deal with the fact your team is getting old, you brought in the biggest leach in the game to help win matches, his laziness cost you the match more than the OOB call.

Ryder beat Micky O
Mal beat Hall
Bolton beat Goodes

Essendon beat Sydney

Deal with it:thumbsu:

You are like SOOOOO totally wrong right now!:cool:

the umpiring on barry hall continues to be an absolute joke, especially when hird just touches the pill and gets a free, it was pathetic, and mcphee can run out of bounds. The trouble is when u watch footy u only see umpiring that affects ur team, i honestly think hall is getting a bum deal.

But as crap as the umpiring was its not why we lost, we lost to the team that dared to win, essendon never tried to shut the game down and they attacked and wanted it more and they deserved to win, they controlled the game most of the time. They made the ground seem very small because they kicked long and attacked. I know its a small ground, but i find some teams come up and make it look smaller because they play positive football. Well done to essendon and lets hope its a kick up the a** to our team.

i congratulate you for your intelligence. finally someone who actually states what happened. we did deserve to win, we dominated for most of the game.. the umpiring over shadowed our determination. i do disagree on one thing though, i dont think hall was given a bum deal, i thought his free kicks against him were there.. i always have to read these posts about lloyd and hird being given special treatment by the umps.. honestly every free kick i can remmeber (which is most of them because i have watched the game 2.5 times) that was given to hird i thought was there.. i mean those few from goods were definate free kicks. i have also read a few swans supporters saying that lloyd got a good deal and barry didnt.. the stats from memory read , lloyd 1 free kick for 3 against, barry 0 free's for 3 against... obviously you didnt say anything about lloyd congrats but others did. good post

if you cant see that bombers deserved a win then you are blind... as a lot of your supporters have said we played the better game of footy for most of the match... we let you back in... and honestly i think that if a goal hadnt eventuated from the mcphee out of bounds we would have won by more..... its obviously debatable but my point is that we were dominating general play at that point, and after that goal you can tell from the celebrations that we thought we had the game in the bag, i mean with 3 or 4 minutes to go and your up by 14 points you would think that you would have it in the bag wouldnt you??, imo if mcphee had been called for out of bounds we would have won the game by 8 points... obviously no1 will know for sure but a logical person could see my argument as a fair one..

if you cant see that bombers deserved a win then you are blind... as a lot of your supporters have said we played the better game of footy for most of the match... we let you back in... and honestly i think that if a goal hadnt eventuated from the mcphee out of bounds we would have won by more..... its obviously debatable but my point is that we were dominating general play at that point, and after that goal you can tell from the celebrations that we thought we had the game in the bag, i mean with 3 or 4 minutes to go and your up by 14 points you would think that you would have it in the bag wouldnt you??, imo if mcphee had been called for out of bounds we would have won the game by 8 points... obviously no1 will know for sure but a logical person could see my argument as a fair one..

Fair point, that goal was the exact point that Sydney got back in the game. I wish he'd called the ball out, we need the percentage;)

If you think that Essendon let us back into the game instead of saying the Swans never gave up, then it's clearly you're the one that is the blind one here!

one dud decision i havent seen anything written about (tho i probably missed it). That deliberate out of bounds early on, was it mcphee? it rolled about 40 metres and out of bounds, i had to laugh when we got that free. I hate that rule

one dud decision i havent seen anything written about (tho i probably missed it). That deliberate out of bounds early on, was it mcphee? it rolled about 40 metres and out of bounds, i had to laugh when we got that free. I hate that rule

You're right, that one was a funny one, the umps didn't have the best of nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that hasn't been discussed given all the furore over the umps was what a tactical game it was - and how poor old Sheeds who the press would have us believe is an AFL dinosaur pretty much totally outcoached the bloke Carlton want to pay a million bucks a year for.

Not sure how clear this would have been from the TV coverage but there were a million moves all night. Sheedy kept two men free in defence for most of the night and tagged both the Swans half backs, Kennelly & Malceski, severely diminishing our run. In the past, Roos has been happy to man up the loose men in defence but for whatever reason he allowed Fletcher to run riot in our forward line, which particularly hurt us in the third qr.

Anyway, it all added to what was actually a cracking game of footy & ppor old Sheeds hasn't got the recognition he deserved for some excellent match day tactics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back