Autopsy Sydney vs Geelong. PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a big fan of Jones. Plays just like his brother. And always been a fan of him. Just so damn tough. Perfect for gws. Put Stevie j in his place nice and early.

Such a big fan of Jones. Plays just like his brother. And always been a fan of him. Just so damn tough. Perfect for gws. Put Stevie j in his place nice and early.

Has similar traits to his brother but he is faster, a more accurate kick and a much more penetrating kick.

8:30 to go in the first and Zaka Jones puts Cpt. Selwood flat on his arse like a real little prick.

Fair plums on a kid in his 30th game.

Completely fearless when he's in possession.Hope he becomes elite. It's all going to come down to his tank and work rate now. His overhead ability on showcase at times tonight too. Still can get better overhead.

Didn't realise live at the game that Caddy's snap in the third quarter was touched, which was straight after Marsh got rag dolled in the goal square which wasn't paid...the margin definitely flattered the Cats.

8:30 to go in the first and Zaka Jones puts Cpt. Selwood flat on his arse like a real little prick.

Fair plums on a kid in his 30th game.

Completely fearless when he's in possession.Hope he becomes elite. It's all going to come down to his tank and work rate now. His overhead ability on showcase at times tonight too. Still can get better overhead.
He has a great brother to look up to at Melbourne. Tough and never to shy away from a contest.

He has a great brother to look up to at Melbourne. Tough and never to shy away from a contest.

Comes back from several weeks off and Horse gives him the start on the wing in a Prelim.

Shows you how he's rated internally. Exactly the sort to go up against Scully/Coniglio/ Shiels in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night felt like a Swans home game. Great experience and atmosphere, I had a blast.

At one stage during the middle of the second quarter I was having a smoke outside and heard the crowd go off so assumed "oh s**t Geelong finally kicked a goal", but nope is was all the Swans fans cheering. Great effort from all the supporters that turned up.

Now I need to rest my voice for next Saturday.

Heeneys tackling was awesome last night,deceptively strong... he literally has no weaknesses to his game. If freo offered fyfe for him, i couldnt say no fast enough...this has the potential to go down as the greatest ever swan....and no that is not an exaggeration..he is that good

One other minor thing but KJ needs to learn how to kick with his right. Too many times last night he tried to step to his left and every time the geelong player moved in that direction and caught him holding the ball. At least buddy can sell the dummy.

Rohan and jones both charged in off opposite squares at the first bounce

Jack and naismith smashed danger then rohan comes from no where with speed gets it to jones who goes forward, mcglynn goals

On replay feels like the sealer at the first goal. We just got them straight away,

First, commiserations to any Cats supporters browsing our thread. I would be immensely proud of Selwood and Dangerfield's efforts last night. They were both superb throughout the whole game. Without them the Cats would have lost by 60+ easily. Our second tier players seemed better than theirs on the night.
For the Swans it was an almost carbon copy of last week. We blasted them off the park in the first and just didn't ever really let them back in the game with our controlled possession football and counter offensive game. The Cats coaching staff can't say they didn't see this coming. For once, we kicked straight and the Cats were astray most of the night.
A totally professional performance and incredibly so considerring the youth and inexperience in this team.
Win, lose or draw next week......... I love this club. Of course, would really like a win for Benny as his career draws to an end

Didn't realise live at the game that Caddy's snap in the third quarter was touched, which was straight after Marsh got rag dolled in the goal square which wasn't paid...the margin definitely flattered the Cats.
The 2 non paid marks to Rohan and Papley were both in the fd50 and a good chance at being goals too.

One other minor thing but KJ needs to learn how to kick with his right. Too many times last night he tried to step to his left and every time the geelong player moved in that direction and caught him holding the ball. At least buddy can sell the dummy.

Old dog new trick.

The Cats' fans boo-ing the Papley high free-kick (which was blatantly obvious) is one of the most ironic things I've ever heard.

Their complaint was about a tackle by hanners a split second earlier. I thought the papley one was more obvious for what it is worth, and for a team that relies on so many head high free kicks going their way the irony is a bit much.

On the other hand we got a good run in the first quarter where I reckon jack both fended off high and slid in low inside our defensive fifty in the first quarter.

The 2 non paid marks to Rohan and Papley were both in the fd50 and a good chance at being goals too.

No idea how the papley one wasn't paid. Happened literally five metres in front of me. In real time it was a dreadfully obvious mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back