TAC Cup 2016 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Bunker speed an issue I reckon, Romensky just ok. Numbers are pretty solid, but I couldn't see him playing where he does for Western in an AFL environment
A lot of mids at AFL level aren't quick but they still win a lot of the footy and use it well which is what he does. Romensky played everywhere in the champs which shows his versatility which would be his main going point for getting drafted

Northern leading Jets by 3 goals. Patrick Lipinksi has 2 and been dangerous along with Jamison Shea who's clean hands and use have been class at half forward. Bunker, Murphy and Perry have controlled the midfield and 2017 prospect Joel Naylor has been super impressive down back. For Jets 2017 prospect Nick Stuhldrier has the ball on a string and Oscar Junker is trying hard and getting pressured every time he is near the footy.

Jets take the lead after Romensky turned it on in the midfield and Junker was moved forward and kicked 2. The smaller fleet of Griffiths, Sullivan, Hitch, Buykx and Giarrizzo moved the ball quick which troubled Northern that quarter. Not all gloom for Northern that quarter with Bunker, Murphy and Naish playing good footy through the middle and Lipinksi and Shea are keeping Jets defence on their toes.

8 goals apiece at 3 quarter time Bunker(1 goal), Lipinski(3 goals), Murphy, Perry, Shea and Naylor best for Northen thus far. For Jets Romensky, Junker(3 goals), Rayner, Stuhldrier, Griffiths and Giarrizzo(1 goal). Been a good fast flowing game with both teams being physical aswell.

TAC Cup finals are finally here. Flag predictions?

Could country finally get a win or will Sandringham get through and win the cup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could country finally get a win or will Sandringham get through and win the cup?

Sandy are the best for me easily: McGrath, Setterfield, Taranto, Florent, Scrimshaw- could all be inside Top 20-25. I reckon Murray the only country team that could win it, I think Geelong will go straight sets and Calder no chance. Oakleigh you can never say never...

North Ballarat Rebels play Geelong Falcons at Box Hill tomorrow, what’s with that? AFL Vic just making sure no country footy fans go along? Surely seeing both teams are from Western Vic it could be played on the Western side of Melbourne, sorry I forgot the TAC Cup is only there for the recruiters there’s not supposed to be any spectator interest or town parochialism.

North Ballarat Rebels play Geelong Falcons at Box Hill tomorrow, what’s with that? AFL Vic just making sure no country footy fans go along? Surely seeing both teams are from Western Vic it could be played on the Western side of Melbourne, sorry I forgot the TAC Cup is only there for the recruiters there’s not supposed to be any spectator interest or town parochialism.

Normally they're played at Ikon Park all of the finals, but due to the Collingwood game in the VFL needing to be moved they went to Ikon & bumped the TAC Cup to Box Hill. Fair enough I say.

Read our scouting notes from the two games today:

Oakleigh v Calder: http://goo.gl/p0BQfN

Geelong v North Ballarat: http://goo.gl/r6YgFJ

Two big games at Ikon Park tomorrow!
Thanks for this, very much interested in tomorrows Murray v Dandenong match. Brodie, Marshall and Battle I am very keen to see how they go from an Essendon perspective. I get the feeling Brodie might dominate.

3qtr time and Sandringham hit the lead in the last second. Eastern looked to take the game away early with under-ager Jaidyn Stepehson dominating up forward but some good coaching from Sandringham got them back in it. McGrath was sent to Stephenson, Taranto moved on ball, Florent who was unsighted for most of the game was moved to half back to good effect, Scrimshaw was moved to Full Forward to great effect kicking a goal and setting up another. Looks like it's going to be a nail biter last quarter.

Dandy lead by 3 points at 3qtr time. Brodie sensing the moment has lifted in the midfield but is playing a lone hand. Dandy defenders been great with Bailey Morrish looking very likely. Battle has 6 and is in everything, one goal was a long bomb outside 50 on a tight angle and another in the pocket when he sold some candy a few times before slotting it. It's only 3 points but dandy are playing the better footy and should get over the line

Dandy lead by 3 points at 3qtr time. Brodie sensing the moment has lifted in the midfield but is playing a lone hand. Dandy defenders been great with Bailey Morrish looking very likely. Battle has 6 and is in everything, one goal was a long bomb outside 50 on a tight angle and another in the pocket when he sold some candy a few times before slotting it. It's only 3 points but dandy are playing the better footy and should get over the line

Final score Don?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back