Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised we have won 6 games if things are that bad!

Teams with worse lists:
Collingwood (Grundy and his 7 year deal, paying their best players at other clubs, and the list manager has finally fallen on his sword, plus they still have major cap issues)
Carlton (20 years into a rebuild, they have one decent mid, one or two forwards and are paying $700k plus to guys like Saad, Williams and McGovern)
Gold Coast (they've got about 8 good players)

And I would argue we are better than North too.

But sure, the sky's falling in!
Only 14 teams with better lists! How can one not be optimistic and have confidence in the list management

Last edited:

I'm not asking you, I just don't get why you bother. I mean if you genuinely can't see any positives, which imply you don't get much enjoyment out of it, whats the point?

this board has a reasonable amount of posters who seem to exist to merely to remind everyone that their expectations weren't met in the last 2 decades and no one else is allowed to enjoy following the club without hearing every every single mistake in that period over and over and over and over again. And of course how they would have obviously done it better and any fool could see that.
Liked your view.
I would however say that the rose sunglass supporters are as difficult to contend with as the perpetual naysayers. Both are worthwhile listening to but only if balanced by the opposite end of this spectrum.
There's enough "reasonable" or moderate people in here to listen to if the extremes are too polarising.
Enjoy the ride...

I reckon there's a few worse.
We’re in a better spot than North and Hawks. But for Daicos we’d be tracking well against Collingwood. I don’t rate St Kilda and reckon they’re a disaster waiting to happen. West Coast are on the way down. Carlton have brilliant top 5 players but the rest are rubbish.

I'm not asking you, I just don't get why you bother. I mean if you genuinely can't see any positives, which imply you don't get much enjoyment out of it, whats the point?

this board has a reasonable amount of posters who seem to exist to merely to remind everyone that their expectations weren't met in the last 2 decades and no one else is allowed to enjoy following the club without hearing every every single mistake in that period over and over and over and over again. And of course how they would have obviously done it better and any fool could see that.
scroll-single-gif.1176812

Unless you like to engage in unusual sports

weird-sports-jpg.1186907

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all perfectly fine a midfield rotations if we had 2 or 3 elite mids.

They aren't VERY poor, they are just undermanned and outgunned at this point.
As a primary midfield group I can't think of many worse. That to me says they are VERY poor. I'm not talking about them individually but as a set.

It’s going to be fascinating to watch what happens to Geelong in the near future. I think their decline is going to be spectacular and long lasting. I might be wrong.
It's uncertain around Gtown how long Chris Scott has left at the cat's but the recruitment screams... "I'M ALL IN!"

That is true.

I'd like to point out to all the Millennials whining about house prices, Luko is only 21 and he has a house...
21 year old buys house, and here's how you can do it too.

Is a third year player in financial position to buy a 1.4m investment property?
10 year loan @ 4% about 200k pa. One year write off depreciation and tax benefits until he moves in. Then how much will the Crows or Port be paying him.

10 year loan @ 4% about 200k pa. One year write off depreciation and tax benefits until he moves in. Then how much will the Crows or Port be paying him.
Depreciation % is dependent on the age of the home, I'd imagine it's a newish build young blokes like shiny new things otherwise get a depreciation report on any renovations and claim.
In that instance you want all of your purchase cost to be "bank owned" to maximise tax benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back