Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is taking this Dawson decision so long? You would have hoped he’d be more committed to one of the clubs, regardless of which one, if you were a supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's already been made.

But what’s the bloody hold up if he’s already made his decision…

He is not working to a timeline that Is about is about informing the footy public, we are last to know....

Most likely destination club, followed by old club, then the unsuccessful club and we are last.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

giphy.gif

He is not working to a timeline that Is about is about informing the footy public, we are last to know....

Most likely destination club, followed by old club, then the unsuccessful club and we are last.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You don't think we're the destination ??

What is taking this Dawson decision so long? You would have hoped he’d be more committed to one of the clubs, regardless of which one, if you were a supporter.

Still plenty of free feeds to be had...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So looks like Crows and Port players together at the Brownlow function.

Seem to remember SA based players from other clubs attending last year, wonder if Dawson is present tonight. If he is, who will he sit with? Could be telling....

The AFLKGB like to drip feed news and to keep one story relevant for the media - tonight and tomorrow is the Brownlow

No other club sanctioned media - of big announcements - will be allowed under punishment of death.

Expect something Tuesday
Unless Port announces any positive news between now and then. :$

Supposedly Hinkley has a 6 month payout clause in his deal, so wouldn't cost the earth to get rid of him. Given the AFL would need to approve it (I'm assuming if they're taking COVID assistance money from the AFL) I'm not sure they could actually make a case the AFL would accept that he deserves to be fired.
The six month clause exists.

However, it kicks in in new contracts/extensions, and it can't be utilised untiill 12 months is served on the contract extension.

Ken's new contract starts November 1. He has 2022 guaranteed and if sacked after Oct 2022 he is only entitled to 6 months of his 2023 salary.

Technically Ken is under his old, pre COVID contract now.

My source on this is pretty good as the guy who told me is in the industry and subject to it.

Most Football Department staff contracts at most clubs have this since COVID cost cutting came in.

These payouts also come under the cap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

However, it kicks in in new contracts/extensions, however it can't be utilised 12 months is served on the contract extension.

Kens new contract starts November 1. He has 2022 guaranteed and if sacked after Oct 2022 he is only entitled to 6 months of his 2023 salary.

My source on this is pretty good as the guy who told me is in the industry and subject to it.

Most Football Department staff contracts at most clubs have this since COVID cost cutting came in.

Here I thought Port reached their pinnacle of f**kups for 2021.

This takes it to another level.

Potentially at least 2 more years of Ken is something to Crow about.

Was at Yorketown yesterday and saw the gf there. CMS Crows won the 2nds x 5 points and 1sts x 1 point. Exciting stuff and huge vocal crowd.
Impressed by the high quality football in these parts.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

you didn't know she was going?

However, it kicks in in new contracts/extensions, and it can't be utilised untiill 12 months is served on the contract extension.

Ken's new contract starts November 1. He has 2022 guaranteed and if sacked after Oct 2022 he is only entitled to 6 months of his 2023 salary.

There you go. So Kochies "support" of Hinkley is probably just hot air cause he knows there's no way they can get rid of him currently.

Here I thought Port reached their pinnacle of f**kups for 2021.

This takes it to another level.

Potentially at least 2 more years of Ken is something to Crow about.
It really is academic. No club would sack a coach after losing two Prelims.

Especially one who would need AFL permission to do so.

They couldn't even go to the market for a CEO, an internal promotion.

They will most likely promote internally to cover Schofield, and Voss if he goes. Then bring in cheap first time coaches.

There you go. So Kochies "support" of Hinkley is probably just hot air cause he knows there's no way they can get rid of him currently.
That's what I was saying... as he has no choice as Ken is locked in as coach under the AFL rules.

Give it another year & expect it will be a different story...

That was my understanding too. The six month payout clause was brought in after Kern’s deal.

It really is academic. No club would sack a coach after losing two Prelims.

Especially one who would need AFL permission to do so.

They couldn't even go to the market for a CEO, an internal promotion.

They will most likely promote internally to cover Schofield, and Voss if he goes. Then bring in cheap first time coaches.

Promoting from within. So their options are Chad Cornes and Trent Hentschel as development coaches or Matthew Lokan who is their SANFL coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back