Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like Jade Rawlings who has been coaching Norwood could be on his way back into the AFL system.

Sad and pathetic to resort to violence when following a sport.
Violence is never ok as a supporter but at local footy too of all things. Getting so shitty about which F Grade team full of farmers and used car salesmen is the best this year.

It's part of the reason I got out of footy after I was too old for juniors. Way too many weekend heroes who think they're some sort of celebrity because they're the biggest fish in some country bumpkin league and the general vibe that said bumpkin league is more important than life or death.

Was at Yorketown yesterday and saw the gf there. CMS Crows won the 2nds x 5 points and 1sts x 1 point. Exciting stuff and huge vocal crowd.
Impressed by the high quality football in these parts.
Saw the scoreline on facebook, Moonta would be filthy they blew it.

11.13.79 to 13.2.80

24 scoring shots to 15 in a GF and get rolled. That'd hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always thought it meant failing to execute your skill that is routine when it's less important. I've never considered it only being from being in a position within a particular event. Totally failing to turn up to the biggest game of your year is a choke in my book. I choke over a 1 foot birdy putt even if I've already blown my round. One foot putts I don't normally even take my stance.

no. The pressure of a 1 foot putt, the weight of expectations, didn’t cause you to miss from 12 inches

i mean sure, but then some people spell lose as loose.

doesn’t make them right ;)
Apparently enough people have used literally for figuratively that they've now decided to make it right.

Kochie obviously knows the club finances better than those two.

He knows it's more financially responsible to wait a year.

It's premiership or bust for Kern next year.

the AFL will not be sanctioning the removal and payout of Ken, which requires their money

and by not sanction I really mean even allow the discussion

zero doesn’t put the chances low enough

Rumour is Collingwood, see what happens in the next week.

Probably for a difft thread but all of Douglas, McKenzie, Talia, Grigg, Shenton, Barry and a few others from Norwood are retiring from the SANFL
I'm a Norwood supporter it doesn't suprise me that those names could all be retiring, they are clearly cooked especially Grigg. I wouldn't mind if Rawlings leaves tbh I haven't really warmed up to him despite getting us to finals this year.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've always thought it meant failing to execute your skill that is routine when it's less important. I've never considered it only being from being in a position within a particular event. Totally failing to turn up to the biggest game of your year is a choke in my book. I choke over a 1 foot birdy putt even if I've already blown my round. One foot putts I don't normally even take my stance.
It was a choke. Not sure why anybody would think otherwise.

I took this from wikipedia.

" In sports, choking is the failure of a person, or persons, to act or behave as anticipated or expected. This can occur in a game or tournament that they are strongly favoured to win, or in an instance where they have a large lead that they squander in the late stages of the event. It can also refer to repeated failures in the same event, or simply imply an unexpected failure when the event is more important than usual".

So applying this definition to Port's prelim.

- Losing a game they were favoured to win :whitecheck:
- Squandering a large lead :crossmark:
- Repeated failures is the same event :whitecheck:
- Unexpected failure when the event is more important than usual :whitecheck:

the AFL will not be sanctioning the removal and payout of Ken, which requires their money

and by not sanction I really mean even allow the discussion

zero doesn’t put the chances low enough

Only way I could see it maybe happening would be if they fall apart on field next season and the supporters start staying away like they did during the Primus years when they were getting 15,000 or less to a game, tarps, etc.

If the AFL start to think that keeping him may actually cost more money than sacking him then they might consider it.

Only way I could see it maybe happening would be if they fall apart on field next season and the supporters start staying away like they did during the Primus years when they were getting 15,000 or less to a game, tarps, etc.

If the AFL start to think that keeping him may actually cost more money than sacking him then they might consider it.

the costs of falling apart are why they won’t, because we might like to pretend he’s not a good coach but he is. And all the personal convoluted reasons people come up with don’t matter, he is seen in AFL circles as a good coach

the league will not allow the sacking of a good coach for the 20% of finding another good coach who might match his record

sacking coaches for clubs on AFL support is a drain on league resources

just no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back