Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing in a premiership is everything now a days and Port are obviously much closer than us. They have issues but we have plenty of unknowns with us. I would be shocked if he picked us.

What we need to do in the next few years is prove that we are on the right path and recruiting first choice players in the system will be much easier.

I think if players and specifically their managers don't have the foresight to know that an AFL clubs fortunes can change in a year or two, and you need to look at the whole picture t opick your future.

There's a pretty legimitmate chance that Poort senior players fall off that cliff next season and if their kids that are relied upon somewhat underperform, they could be looking at a 5-8 slide or worse.

I think if players and specifically their managers don't have the foresight to know that an AFL clubs fortunes can change in a year or two, and you need to look at the whole picture t opick your future.

There's a pretty legimitmate chance that Poort senior players fall off that cliff next season and if their kids that are relied upon somewhat underperform, they could be looking at a 5-8 slide or worse.

Which will still probably mean a couple more finals series than the AFC in the same time period!

They will argue that their youth is more promising than ours. I don’t totally disagree.
I think being in the window makes it easier to keep younger players. Once powaa drop down the ladder which may happen next year the veneer of the potential flag will evaporate. At the end of the day players generally go where the money is. Vic kids such Butters, Durrsma will be out the door quicker than you would imagine. At that point I would definitely back our youth over theirs. We must keep nailing our picks though

Last edited:
LOL

I wish this silly notion some on here have that who a player supported growing up or who his family support is at all relevant.

It will come down to each clubs selling points and $$$$'s in the end, nothing else.

LOL, yeah the whole notion of who supports the club doesn't matter at all, eh Bicks? I wouldn't say it has a significant weighting for some, but it would definitely come into consideration..

*2020 Crows select Riley Thilthorpe, Brayden Cook and Jimmy Rowe!'

Of course it matters, and Port have managed to get players to the club who have club affiliations and support and/or played for the Magpies in their juniors.

We've clearly got the $$, and he supports the Crows, so if we can't get him on our 'selling points' then there are some serious problems with our ability to attract talent to the club. What a lot of people are saying is that him supporting the Crows should be icing on the cake, so if we don't get him then how far off are we compared to the rest of the competition in terms of our 'brand'?

There's no putting lipstick on this Pig if Port end up with Dawson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s begun, posters softening the blow of potentially missing out on Dawson by talking his worth down.
Well I’ve said that for some time so I’m not a Johnny come lately to that thought.

Quite possible Crows see him as a need over all others - or maybe it’s just that he’s someone that’s from SA, that’s available and gettable - so you add him if you can.

Dawson is exactly the type we need.

We've already got some inside grunt. Plenty of workhorses. Adding some people who can damage on the outside, run and kick the ball would be absolute gold. Add in that he's good overhead (we're collectively poor) and is in an age bracket where we have a void it's no wonder we're keen.

Will hurt if someone we've prioritised heads elsewhere.

I disagree, Dawson isn't the type we need. What we're in desperate need of is class on the inside of the contest, not the outside. At the moment with outside, we've got Seedsman off a career year, Smith is a capable meters eater, Sholl certainly doesn't lack any, Milera doesn't lack any, Parnell, when he gets to the bigs, has it, Cook oozes it, McHenry is certainly capable, Hinge when he isn't injured etc. A lot of that group is young, and you could argue that not many are at the point they can do it game after game for a season, but we're in a rebuild, so that's not critical. Good overhead is a bit more of value, but even then, it's not a dealbreaker per se. Whilst it's not as comfortable as our KP stocks at this point, it's in a pretty solid space.

Is Dawson a great signing if we can get his signature? oh absolutely, however the biggest thing we're getting from attracting someone like Dawson is legitimacy. That someone has looked at our rebuild and decided to forgo being at two potential contenders to be here. We are not getting someone who'll accelerate a rebuild by filling a hole that we're missing.

I disagree, Dawson isn't the type we need. What we're in desperate need of is class on the inside of the contest, not the outside. At the moment with outside, we've got Seedsman off a career year, Smith is a capable meters eater, Sholl certainly doesn't lack any, Milera doesn't lack any, Parnell, when he gets to the bigs, has it, Cook oozes it, McHenry is certainly capable, Hinge when he isn't injured etc. Good overhead is a bit more of value, but even then, it's not a dealbreaker per se. Whilst it's not as comfortable as our KP stocks at this point, it's in a pretty solid space.

Is Dawson a great signing if we can get his signature? oh absolutely, however the biggest thing we're getting from attracting someone like Dawson is legitimacy. That someone has looked at our rebuild and decided to forgo being at two potential contenders to be here. We are not getting someone who'll accelerate a rebuild by filling a hole that we're missing.
Class inside the contest is hen's teeth stuff and what Pick 4 is hopefully for

Class inside the contest is hen's teeth stuff and what Pick 4 is hopefully for

Oh absolutely. It'll be the difference between a premiership and this group ending up as an also-ran if we can't find/develop a good amount of it though.

Let’s just hope that we get the nomination. Still a bit to play out and we have been burnt getting ahead of ourselves before.
Correct. I don't think he'll choose us but even if he does, and even if he's accepted our terms, it's still not concrete until trade week when Sydney are happy with what we offer in return.

If Jordan Dawson reads big footy - he must be chuckling to himself reading this thread. Its akin to digging a stick into an ants nest

Whether or not we get Dawson, are there any other players we're chasing? Is there a fallback option if he doesn't nominate us?

In previous years we've been so fixated on the one player, we've been caught short when it's fallen through.

Whether or not we get Dawson, are there any other players we're chasing? Is there a fallback option if he doesn't nominate us?

In previous years we've been so fixated on the one player, we've been caught short when it's fallen through.
Yes, going to the draft.

Same dude who reported that Dawson met with Port players for lunch at Henley....

Dawson also follows McAdam, and also doesn't follow any other Port/Crows players.

Chill out.
Yes, I am aware he follows other players such as Riley Bonner. All I am trying to point out in the post is that the last person Jordan Dawson followed was Travis Boak and no this doesn't mean he has chosen port and nor was I also implying that with the statement about his lunch with Port players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back