Social Science Tall men - do you find shorter men try and start you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I know.

That doesn't make it any better when you or someone you love are the rare one that cops it.

I think the numbers on those have decreased lately? (covid would have helped- as with stranger sexual assaults im assuming) The Eltham one was the last real bad one?

I also remember a few from Sydney, and the Lawyer celebrating graduating and was king hit outside a Maccas.

"You should play basketball"
87bd4337041e60b120f2f7f13ff28dc641-06-tall-kid-card.2x.h473.w710.jpg

I think the numbers on those have decreased lately? (covid would have helped- as with stranger sexual assaults im assuming) The Eltham one was the last real bad one?

I also remember a few from Sydney, and the Lawyer celebrating graduating and was king hit outside a Maccas.
A mate of mine's kid has a good mate who was king hit nand ended up in a coma. Has recently recovered and I don't really want to get into too many details about it for their privacy. People have probably heard about it.

So it still happens.

I got king hit once, it was nearly 20 years ago, like I mentioned upthread I'm 51 and I've been going out partying since I was 15. Had a few fights and things but nothing like that apart from that one time. That person watched me take money from an atm and then jumped me too so it wasn't random.

A mate of mine's kid has a good mate who was king hit nand ended up in a coma. Has recently recovered and I don't really want to get into too many details about it for their privacy. People have probably heard about it.

So it still happens.

I got king hit once, it was nearly 20 years ago, like I mentioned upthread I'm 51 and I've been going out partying since I was 15. Had a few fights and things but nothing like that apart from that one time. That person watched me take money from an atm and then jumped me too so it wasn't random.
Was just talking about ones where death was the outcome. But thats horrible

Was just talking about ones where death was the outcome. But thats horrible

Most of it goes unreported unless someone ends up in a coma or dies.

The police want evidence of an assault handed to them in a package and tied up with a bow to even be interested in taking a report. Most of the time they'll brush people off. CCTV is helping though, there's a lot more of it around now.

Most of it goes unreported unless someone ends up in a coma or dies.
The police want evidence of an assault handed to them in a package and tied up with a bow to even be interested in taking a report. Most of the time they'll brush people off. CCTV is helping though, there's a lot more of it around now.

After my last fight when I was 14 - got beaten up by the class bitch and I stood there in tears with my hands at my sides because I don't hit girls - I've gone 40 years without more than the occasional bit of aggro from some moron.

Two weeks ago I got roadraged, a prick rammed the back of my car with his 4WD and when he eventually stopped he thumped me. Didn't thump him back. Did a stat dec to the cops, got called in and made a statement a couple of days later. Despite multiple calls they have not come back to me with a case number that I can give to the insurance company.

Last week I went to take the dog for a walk and interrupted a burglary across the street. Chased one off, who jumped into a getaway car and was driven off. Went back and caught another one who was climbing through the fence. campaigner pulled a knife on me. My self-defence training and pent-up rage of years was released and I disarmed him, picked him up and slammed him onto the road, and gave him a good crunch in the head with my boot. Well, that's what I told myself I'd like to do. In the real world I thought "* him, it's not worth the bother," let the *er walk past me and called him all sorts of scum as he trotted off around the corner.

7 cop cars converged on the place within 6 minutes of the 000 call (it was a quiet night), they took details, fanned out to look for street filth, called out the owner of the property to deal with all the stolen stuff sitting on the side of the road, and neither I nor the neighbour who has (rare!) crystal clear CCTV has heard dickybird since. I'm presuming that since the thieves had departed, I hadn't actually been stabbed, and the owner got his stuff back, that the whole thing has become an IDGAF for them.

I'm 6'3 and a couple times at parties or clubs I've had shorter folk try and start me.

One guy came up to me and told me he wanted to kill me for no reason. I whacked him a few times, he got thrown out of the club and I continued on my merry way.

I've found when I play footy the smaller blokes don't usually start me. But I'm a big softie and fair, so I don't get into too many altercations.

More chance of seeing the queens **** than me jumping into a fight to help a random

You help a little too successfully (belt someone) and end up in trouble with the police despite doing the right thing.
You help unsuccessfully and end up in the hospital

Some scraps as a kid, as mentioned, always helping out a loudmouth mate (who usually ducked to the back if it actually did kick off).

Im only 6ft i think in general alot of men with self esteem issues tend to go all alpha dog on blokes if they feel threatened, not always height related, could be if they think the girlfriend finds some other bloke attractive, better job, better car. Im sure height plays into it but i dont think thats the be all and end all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 6"1. I lift weights and do cardio, but I'm not strong, my lifting numbers are average. When I was younger, I was scrawny, weak, and unfit. A few of the boys who gave me a hard time were short, and I never made the connection back then. They didn't target the confident, athletic guys, though, they targeted me because I was a shy doormat. Wasn't that bad, though, but I never understood why, now I get that jealousy and trying to be "hard" are just insecurities that some people have. They try to pick an easy target, but I think when they've been drinking that's what they'll go for someone who can handle themselves. Probably with dog tactics and numbers on their side.

I'm 6 2 and it's been 19 years since I've been in a fight. Had a couple of short guys try and start one, I just looked and smiled. Amazing how much confidence they lose when you're not in the least bit intimidated.

More chance of seeing the queens **** than me jumping into a fight to help a random

You help a little too successfully (belt someone) and end up in trouble with the police despite doing the right thing.
You help unsuccessfully and end up in the hospital
I guess you living in Adelaide, you have heard some Hindley street tales

No he wasn't, he was bent over like that so he'd fit on the footy card. Otherwise the pic would have chopped his head off.

I saw him in real life at a pub in Perth and he hunched over like that even when he wasn't posing for a footy card.

Being too tall is almost worse than being too short, it's hard to talk to other people at the pub at your normal height.

Tall people don't tend to have a chip on their shoulders and start fights like short people do though, there is no tall man syndrome.

There's no perfect height, no perfect weight, no perfect person and there's 100% not the perfect partner.

Everyone has flaws, physical and mental, those who embrace these flaws are indeed the flawless.

~ Craigos 2020
Just realised Craigos hasnt been around for a while..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back