Ten has hit a new low

Remove this Banner Ad

Running promos that they've gotten the rights for a sitcom that ended 3 and a half years ago...

Is this the very definition of lame?

So what? They run ads for Futurama, finished some time back (in that run anyway - its coming back like a union leader in a Liberal party ad). They run ads for that youtube show on friday nights. Now, that's low.

And they did have Yasmin. Things don't get much lower than that. Ten have some quite amazing lows to live down to reach a new one. Maybe, and even its questionable, if they put Bestiality Tonight on in a children's timeslot they might reach new low. But anything short of that isn't even going to compete with the likes of Yasmin.

Futurama is good though... Friends wasn't that good and as they said, ended a long time ago on C9... Futurama ended on their channel.
Not saying Futurama isn't good. Just that running ads for shows that finished years ago isn't exactly a low point.
Friends will probably rate well in repeat, particularly for what is no doubt a relatively cheap pick up. It might prove to be a big winner if the writer's strike goes on in the US and impacts on next year's available new material.

Don't think it's lame really..just letting viewers know Friends will be on 10 soon. Friends is an excellent sitcom with a large fan base(rated around 2m on 9) and could do well at 7pm.

And as far as a new low goes..two words..David Tench..as low as it gets.

David Tench said one funny thing

"Leyton Hewitt, you love to watch him win caus he's an aussie, you love to watch him lose, caus he's a w***er"

No surprises here, would be cheap to buy and fits in with all their other sitcom re-runs (Simpsons, Futurama, Something About Raymond, Seinfeld).

Ten just finished showing all 5 seasons of Futurama and have basically just started from the beginning again.

Cannot stand Friends myself but understand how re-runs of this makes economical sense and fits their target demographic.

No surprises here, would be cheap to buy and fits in with all their other sitcom re-runs (Simpsons, Futurama, Something About Raymond, Seinfeld).

Ten just finished showing all 5 seasons of Futurama and have basically just started from the beginning again.

Cannot stand Friends myself but understand how re-runs of this makes economical sense and fits their target demographic.
There's only 4 seasons of Futurama.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't mind it to be honest - yes it ended a while ago but they kept playing Seinfield repeats endlessly. I liked Friends so I will be watching - it is better than most of the rubbish on 10

They tried to do the same with Sex and they City, did they not? Morons.

Haha, I'd forgotten about that debacle. They barely showed half a dozen episodes of that. Idiots. Stuffing around with repeats when they've got the rights to quality shows like The Shield with episodes they haven't aired yet.

Or Monk which they haven't shown in years

Monk is one of the worst shows ever seen on tv, how it wins emmy awards is beyond me.

They'd have to do a Nanny/Californication double header, wouldn't they ?

The Nanny is on 9. It came on yesterday when the cricket was in a rain delay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back