Tennis Betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a quiet AO. Where are the degens?!

I barely follow tennis anymore so no posts from me but I'd tail bets for something to follow at work
Mannarino/Khanachov/ADM/ Shelton/ Korda/Rublev/ Tsitipas/ Fernandez/ Garcia/ Sakkari/ Musetti/ Pavlyuchekova $14.70 TAB

My best bets of Day 7

LEG 1:
Kemanovic to beat Tommy Paul

This is my value bet of the day. Kecmanovic is ranked 60th in the world compared to the American's ranking of 14. Kecmanovic, however, holds a 3-1 head to head record. Paul won their previous meeting 7-6, 7-5. You should find odds of $3.50+ here and is well worth taking. Consider taking Kecmanovic at the handicap line for some insurance.

LEG 2
Cazaux v Griekspoor o40.5 games

Two evenly matched players. I initially tried picking a winner from this match and I struggled to do so. Despite being ranked 122 in the world, the young Frenchman is playing well this season. He won a lower level event in Noumea two weeks ago, and has backed that form up by winning his opening two matches at Melbourne Park against more highly acclaimed players. His five set victory against Holger Rune as a $5.37 underdog on Thursday captivated the Tennis world. With Griekspoor, you know what you're going to get. A good, honest battler who will never be good enough to match it with the big boys, but solid enough to consistently be ranked between 20-50 in the world. He won his opening two matches as a slight underdog. He will be looking to make it through to the fourth round of a Grand Slam for the first time in his career. Combined, these two players have played totals of 38, 52, 46, 42 games in their opening two matches.

LEG 3
Yastremska to beat Navarro

I can't overlook this value at $2.69 in what should be a 50/50 contest. The Ukrainian is ranked 93 in the world, but has been as high as 21. She had to qualify for the Aus Open, winning all three of her qualifying matches in three sets. Perhaps those performances were a little underwhelming seeing as though she was highly fancied in all of them (odds between $1.16 and $1.29), so most pundits would have expected her to win at least two of those matches in straight sets. What's important is her form over the first two matches of the main draw. She has comprehensively beaten her first two opponents while dropping only eight games in total. Her first round victory come against world number seven Vondrousova. This sort of form reminds me of her pre-covid form. In 2019, when she was at the top of her game, she made the 4th round at Wimbledon and the 3rd round of both the Aus Open & US Open. Her US opponent Navarro is ranked 26 in the world and has already played 11 matches this season. She won in Hobart which was a solid effort, but has gone the distance in her first two matches of the Aus Open as a heavy favourite. Is she running out of gas? A little bit more about Navarro. Her current ranking (26) is the highest she has ever achieved, obviously from winning last week's event in Hobart. This is her first ever Aus Open. She was the USA's college recruit of the season in 2020. SUMMARY: I just know at their best, Yastrenmska gets the chocolates here. And the best sign she is back to her best has been evident in the opening two matches.

LEG 4
WANG +5.5 games v ZHENG

The battle of the women from China. Zheng deserves to be favourite, but I don't think she deserved to be such a heavy favourite. Zheng is ranked 13 in the world, and this is her highest ever ranking. She made the QF of last year's US Open, which is her career highlight to date. This is her first time in the 3rd round at Melbourne Park. Her opponent Wang is coming off one of her best ever victories, beating the 2021 US Open champion Emma Raducanu in the second round. Wang has won her first two matches in three sets, both as a decent underdog (odds of over $3 in both of them). Wang is currently ranked 94 in the world but has been as high as 47. She spent most of last season playing on the ITF, albeit for two tournaments. One of those two tournaments was the lead up event to the US Open, which she won at Stanford. She then made it to the second round of the US Open. Her overall record of 59-14 last year shows she is too good to be playing on the ITF.

My best bets of Day 7

LEG 1:
Kemanovic to beat Tommy Paul

This is my value bet of the day. Kecmanovic is ranked 60th in the world compared to the American's ranking of 14. Kecmanovic, however, holds a 3-1 head to head record. Paul won their previous meeting 7-6, 7-5. You should find odds of $3.50+ here and is well worth taking. Consider taking Kecmanovic at the handicap line for some insurance.

LEG 2
Cazaux v Griekspoor o40.5 games

Two evenly matched players. I initially tried picking a winner from this match and I struggled to do so. Despite being ranked 122 in the world, the young Frenchman is playing well this season. He won a lower level event in Noumea two weeks ago, and has backed that form up by winning his opening two matches at Melbourne Park against more highly acclaimed players. His five set victory against Holger Rune as a $5.37 underdog on Thursday captivated the Tennis world. With Griekspoor, you know what you're going to get. A good, honest battler who will never be good enough to match it with the big boys, but solid enough to consistently be ranked between 20-50 in the world. He won his opening two matches as a slight underdog. He will be looking to make it through to the fourth round of a Grand Slam for the first time in his career. Combined, these two players have played totals of 38, 52, 46, 42 games in their opening two matches.

LEG 3
Yastremska to beat Navarro

I can't overlook this value at $2.69 in what should be a 50/50 contest. The Ukrainian is ranked 93 in the world, but has been as high as 21. She had to qualify for the Aus Open, winning all three of her qualifying matches in three sets. Perhaps those performances were a little underwhelming seeing as though she was highly fancied in all of them (odds between $1.16 and $1.29), so most pundits would have expected her to win at least two of those matches in straight sets. What's important is her form over the first two matches of the main draw. She has comprehensively beaten her first two opponents while dropping only eight games in total. Her first round victory come against world number seven Vondrousova. This sort of form reminds me of her pre-covid form. In 2019, when she was at the top of her game, she made the 4th round at Wimbledon and the 3rd round of both the Aus Open & US Open. Her US opponent Navarro is ranked 26 in the world and has already played 11 matches this season. She won in Hobart which was a solid effort, but has gone the distance in her first two matches of the Aus Open as a heavy favourite. Is she running out of gas? A little bit more about Navarro. Her current ranking (26) is the highest she has ever achieved, obviously from winning last week's event in Hobart. This is her first ever Aus Open. She was the USA's college recruit of the season in 2020. SUMMARY: I just know at their best, Yastrenmska gets the chocolates here. And the best sign she is back to her best has been evident in the opening two matches.

LEG 4
WANG +5.5 games v ZHENG

The battle of the women from China. Zheng deserves to be favourite, but I don't think she deserved to be such a heavy favourite. Zheng is ranked 13 in the world, and this is her highest ever ranking. She made the QF of last year's US Open, which is her career highlight to date. This is her first time in the 3rd round at Melbourne Park. Her opponent Wang is coming off one of her best ever victories, beating the 2021 US Open champion Emma Raducanu in the second round. Wang has won her first two matches in three sets, both as a decent underdog (odds of over $3 in both of them). Wang is currently ranked 94 in the world but has been as high as 47. She spent most of last season playing on the ITF, albeit for two tournaments. One of those two tournaments was the lead up event to the US Open, which she won at Stanford. She then made it to the second round of the US Open. Her overall record of 59-14 last year shows she is too good to be playing on the ITF.
Great calls on the WTA matches.

Interesting betting situation on the women's side of the Australian Open. Many local books don't have Mirra Andreeva in their markets as they are not quoting on players under 18 years of age (she is 16). SB say it's due to their own T&C and government regulations.

Wonder when that changed - Martina Hingis won her first Aus Open at 16 years, 3 months and I don't recall any issue back then ( admittedly over 25 years ago) with wagering on her.

Rublev at $3 to serve most aces w TAB v Sinner.

Those odds are wrong. Waaaayyy wrong.

Rublev ranked 18th for average aces in 2023. Sinner ranked 35th.

Tournament so far:

Sinner 28/313 = 8.94 aces per 100 serves.
Rublev 50/501 = 9.98 aces per 100 serves.

TAB is the only book to offer this in Australia. A couple of international books offering $1.62 and $1.71.

Rublev at $3 to serve most aces w TAB v Sinner.

Those odds are wrong. Waaaayyy wrong.

Rublev ranked 18th for average aces in 2023. Sinner ranked 35th.

Tournament so far:

Sinner 28/313 = 8.94 aces per 100 serves.
Rublev 50/501 = 9.98 aces per 100 serves.

TAB is the only book to offer this in Australia. A couple of international books offering $1.62 and $1.71.

Good shout, they ended on 10 each.

I'm guessing this means a 50% profit for Rublev backers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back