Tesoriero calls time on AFLW career

Remove this Banner Ad

thank you Phar Ace for your kind words
i'm just trying to point out what Shedda was saying, "that things aren't always great when your not winning"
like he pointed out in his early 7 years of being on the couch when finals came around, wondering what it would feel like
I believe that our "great culture" definitely goes with winning and having a winning mentality, as they are hand in hand
question is would a T.Lynch even consider us say 2011-2016, maybe yes but we all honestly know that players play to win GF's
majority of us, myself included get wrapped up in our recent success, culture, fantastic club etc without realising the underlining factor is winning/success/GF's
winning 2017 and 2019 helped things along hugely, but would we be a happy team at Richmond if we lost those 2, that's the interesting question
but to quote Shedda again, "things can turn around dramatically and quickly"
that's why I believe the men's and women's team are both inclusive and exclusive of each other
the men can impart the confidence, but can't impart the success, that has to be earned by the women themselves
how can we honestly say that the women have a great culture if they get flogged most of the time
there is no magic pill that the men take which they can give to the women
anyway enough of this coronavirus boredom, go tigers

Listening to Cotch and Dimma, and reading some of what Konrad Marshall has observed the culture was discovered quite by accident, and yet it was by design, just without the great expectations. It wasn't some sort of blueprint, but it was a carefully constructed set of objectives to make Richmond a better place to be - I think the most startling thing was the collective buy-in post the misery of the 2016 season.

I hear what you say about winning. I love winning, sometimes too much. The more I listen to Cotch and Dimma talk, the more I think winning was the bi-product of attitude change - in other words the attitude change for 2017 (at least) was happening whether we won or not. Dimma and Cotch had decided that together. Modern thinkers like Gale and O'Neal enhanced it with their imprimatur. Irrestistable forces had begun. It just happens that it also drove the cultural shift. It was a beautiful thing to watch!

You could argue, bravely, that is where the women's team is similarly at. Is Katie Brennan Trent Cotchin-like? Is Tom Hunter Damien Hardwick-like? Do we somehow recruit the women's versions of Prestia, Nankervis and Caddy in the off season? Can Hunter and Brennan develop the leadership so uniquely evolved by Hardwick/Cotchin? Who and where is our next Blake Caracella, or did we just dismiss him and take the wrong fork in the road? It is such a tragedy that Covid19 stands to muddy the waters. If it isn't already, the Richmond Man could very easily be the modern equivalent of what Red Auerbach acheived:

cndoryoh5kj7zrtuqpuq.jpg

While Phil Jackson might be remembered as, arguably, the best NBA coach that has ever lived, there would be no Phil Jacksons and Greg Popovichs of the world without the legendary Red Auerbach. The 1965 Coach of the Year won nine championships with the Bill Russell-led Boston Celtics, and his team-first mentality remains a reference point for modern day coaches in today's run-and-gun league. Auerbach was also a seven-time NBA champion as an executive, cementing his status as one of the most impactful people to have ever put their fingerprints on the game.

Listening to Cotch and Dimma, and reading some of what Konrad Marshall has observed the culture was discovered quite by accident, and yet it was by design, just without the great expectations. It wasn't some sort of blueprint, but it was a carefully constructed set of objectives to make Richmond a better place to be - I think the most startling thing was the collective buy-in post the misery of the 2016 season.

I hear what you say about winning. I love winning, sometimes too much. The more I listen to Cotch and Dimma talk, the more I think winning was the bi-product of attitude change - in other words the attitude change for 2017 (at least) was happening whether we won or not. Dimma and Cotch had decided that together. Modern thinkers like Gale and O'Neal enhanced it with their imprimatur. Irrestistable forces had begun. It just happens that it also drove the cultural shift. It was a beautiful thing to watch!

You could argue, bravely, that is where the women's team is similarly at. Is Katie Brennan Trent Cotchin-like? Is Tom Hunter Damien Hardwick-like? Do we somehow recruit the women's versions of Prestia, Nankervis and Caddy in the off season? Can Hunter and Brennan develop the leadership so uniquely evolved by Hardwick/Cotchin? Who and where is our next Blake Caracella, or did we just dismiss him and take the wrong fork in the road? It is such a tragedy that Covid19 stands to muddy the waters. If it isn't already, the Richmond Man could very easily be the modern equivalent of what Red Auerbach acheived:

cndoryoh5kj7zrtuqpuq.jpg

While Phil Jackson might be remembered as, arguably, the best NBA coach that has ever lived, there would be no Phil Jacksons and Greg Popovichs of the world without the legendary Red Auerbach. The 1965 Coach of the Year won nine championships with the Bill Russell-led Boston Celtics, and his team-first mentality remains a reference point for modern day coaches in today's run-and-gun league. Auerbach was also a seven-time NBA champion as an executive, cementing his status as one of the most impactful people to have ever put their fingerprints on the game.

loved the post Phar Ace, Insightly written, read about Red Auerbach long time ago, an insanely great coach/administrator
Gale , O'Neill and Balme maybe our Red Auerbach combined, lets hope Sheahan et al will be the women's
and the truism of all of this is the buy in from the top all the way down to the bottom of any successful establishment

Last edited:
You might be right...........

From 6th Feb, 2020
She (Tesoriero) added that she will be disappointed if the Tigers don't show their full capabilities this season.
"I know the potential in the group, and I tell the girls this a lot. I have a joke, telling the girls 'I know how good you are because I picked you.' My expectations are pretty high, because I see the potential in everyone.
"I've always had high standards. The coach at Collingwood told me my standards were too high, my expectations were too high. I hated hearing that because I expect the best."
Must have been an eye opener this season lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back