Fixture Test cricket 2030 - who will be playing it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Australians don't like test cricket. We like playing England.

We have spent all that time playing England as often as we can, plus whichever other team is going the best - it's been India recently, but before that West Indies for 20 years or so. But everyone else, if we play them at all, we do it through gritted teeth, and only the diehards go.

I mean, really, what have we ever done to grow the game outside of our own country?
Won’t get any arguments from me that Cricket Australia have been complicit in the demise of smaller Test nations. Disgrace of an organisation.

Last edited:
Won’t get any arguments from me that Cricket Australia have been complicit in the demise of smaller Test nations. Disgrace of an organisation.
Look at how little we play a side like Ireland, can barely remember any game outside of that match in the recent T20 WC. CA are a bunch of pricks who have done nothing to advance the game, all about their own, which sadly is a problem with every cricket board.

The sport is in serious jeopardy.

Look at how little we play a side like Ireland, can barely remember any game outside of that match in the recent T20 WC. CA are a bunch of pricks who have done nothing to advance the game, all about their own, which sadly is a problem with every cricket board.

The sport is in serious jeopardy.
CA just reflect the Australian public. Have a go at the reaction when people realised that this years Test summer was going to be West Indies and Pakistan. Any time we're not playing India or England people act like the opponents are not worthy of our time.

CA just reflect the Australian public. Have a go at the reaction when people realised that this years Test summer was going to be West Indies and Pakistan. Any time we're not playing India or England people act like the opponents are not worthy of our time.

I suppose that's the reality of modern test cricket. The crowds are not going to turn up except for the Ashes and India games.

Outside of Australia v England, I'd argue test cricket is already on the way out. Even this upcoming Ashes series has been compromised by injuries directly from the IPL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back