The 08-09 All-Underrated team

Remove this Banner Ad

John Salmons

Probably a tad underrated, but on the other hand he's the definition of ball-stopper and you know he'll sulk if he ever gets demoted back to the bench. Plus, it's rumoured he's being heavily shopped, so it doesn't look like Sacramento are enamoured with him either.

Al Jefferson

I don't know, I think everyone's pretty much in agreement that he's the best low-post player in the league.

Travis Outlaw.

The most un-heralded of Portland's young gun brigade.

Meh.

Probably a tad underrated, but on the other hand he's the definition of ball-stopper and you know he'll sulk if he ever gets demoted back to the bench. Plus, it's rumoured he's being heavily shopped, so it doesn't look like Sacramento are enamoured with him either.

I don't know, I think everyone's pretty much in agreement that he's the best low-post player in the league.

Meh.
When you are 10-30, everyone on your team is expandable. Especially if they are approaching the age of 30 and won't be around when or if you come good again.

For the money he is getting, and for what he is producing on the floor at both ends, he is great value.

Sure he is someone that relies a lot on isolation plays and is no where near as effective when coming off the bench but he is still a very good player who probably doesn't get the recognition of many people outside of Sacramento.

As for being shopped, there would be only about 3 or 4 players on that roster you would like to keep but would trade them in a second if the right deal comes along. Come to think of it, Martin and 2 young bigs in Hawes and Thompson are the players you would like to keep if possible. Everyone else is expandable, even Garcia who I happen to like a hell of a lot as 6th man.

Totally agree with Salmons. Gets the job done whenever he's called upon to do so, yet still hardly anyone out of Sac fans think he's worth a cracker. I must admit I've been guilty of it myself.

Yeah agree with Salmons. I am guilty of underrating him and I keep expecting him to stop scoring so much but he keeps proving me wrong.

Don't know how anyone can think Al Jeff is underrated. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say he is anything less than brilliant.

C: Al Jefferson - T-Wolves

PF: Paul Millsap - Jazz

SF: Danny Granger - Pacers

SG: Rodney Stuckey - Pistons

PG: Chris Duhon - Knicks

PS:
- Tony Parker is not under-rated - dude is apart of Spurs Big 3!!! you are not under-rated if you can score 55pts in the NBA IMHO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jefferson, Granger and Stuckey are all very much rated, Millsap is overrated and Duhon, while decent, is as much a product of D'Antoni's system as anything.

Granger gets props everywhere and is being talked about for an all star spot. His numbers are also slightly inflated due to the Pacers system. He is far from underrated IMO.

Millsap is overrated, he is basically a hard worker with not much game who gets the job done, ala David Lee. Works well in Utah's system.

Duhon aint underrated people just realise that what he is doing isn't that fantastic in their system. Heck Al Harrington is getting 30 pts at times.

Stuck is definitely underrated IMO. Stuck will get his dues at the end of this year or next year.

Jefferson as I said is not underrated. A Celtics fan on here last week claimed that the Celtics lost a lot to get their big 3 and then put as Jeff Green as evidence. Terribly weak argument when they could have used someone who is actually already very good and will be for years to come in Jefferson.

one question. when considering things like underrated teams, HOF, finals MVP, MVP, MIP, 6th man etc should we consider the system they're playing in as a key component?
Probably, but it is evident that it isn't an influential argument, as shown by Nash and his MVP's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back