C: Joel Selwood, Cameron Ling, Corey Enright
HF: Steve Johnson, Cameron Mooney, Jimmy Bartel
F: Paul Chapman, Tom Lonergan, Mathew Stokes
Foll: Brad Ottens, Joel Corey, Gary Ablett
I/C: Mark Blake, Travis Varcoe, James Kelly, Max Rooke
EMG: David Wojcinski, Ryan Gamble, Shannon Byrnes

In: Chapman
Out: David Wojcinski

Ladson doesn't add much to the team so it wouldn't be a big loss if he is omitted. Tom Murphy MUST play, absolutely pantsed Johnson last time and if it wasn't for hodgey giving geelong the ball he wouldn't have got that last goal. Ladson would probably pick up a stokes or varcoe type player but i think we can afford to put birch onto stokes and create run and carry going the other way, Ladson is more opponent orientated and won't create run as much. Leave X to take Varcoe and release Guerra into his quarterback role which would mean Browny has to go back onto chapman. The orders for chapman's man would be to run him all over the place to test out the hammy, hopefully we get him worried about and lose a bit of focus, it could happen. Most importantly we must block or take rooke out legally to allow hodgey to dictate terms across half back, this is pivotal to us winning the game.

Ladson doesnt add much to the team????

Murphy isn't coming in. I think people need to get over his omission.

If the Cats line up as suggested, match-ups could be:

Johnson - - Mooney - - Bartel
Hodge - - - Croad - - - Birchall

Champman - - Lonergan - - Stokes
Goo - - - - - - Gilham - - - Ladson

That doesn't worry me too much.

Cats forwards that will do damage are Stevie J and Chapman. Big task to cover both.

Make no mistake, we win our fair share of the ball in the middle we are an enormous chance tomorrow.

The middle is so important...if we break even in the middle and our backs hold firm we're a chance. Buddy is due for a big one. Go Hawks!!!! Our time has come.

Simple game of he who kicks the most goals wins.

Our KPP forwards are better than theirs.

They rely so much on midfielders and smaller crumbing forwards to kick goals.

If our mids and crumbers can equal theirs then we are home. We know Sewelly, Bateman, Lewis and Rioli can and do kick goals.

No doubt Clarko and his team have analysed the Collingwood v Geelong game. Im sure they have been practising something that they will unleash today.

Should be a great match, Hawks to win. Margin is irrelevant.

Hope to see all the Big Footy Hawks at The London Tavern beforehand or at the 'G'.

Go Hawks.

A bit lucky to be up at the half...good on ya Mooney you berk!

However they held up pretty well in the face of some feirce Cats pressure and all this without Franklin, Roughhead and Mitchell exerting much influence. Some of those big hits were awesome! And those periods of intense pressure where everyone just piled around the ball and all that Goddammit I am so freakin nervous now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Mitchell hadn't been an idiot and clotheslined Ablett or whoever it was then things would be a bit sweeter at 3/4 time but what a great burst that was....Stewie Dew for the Norm Smith!!

If Mitchell hadn't been an idiot and clotheslined Ablett or whoever it was then things would be a bit sweeter at 3/4 time but what a great burst that was....

Even that was pretty ridiculous - should've been a free in the square, not down field given Abblett wasn't the kicker, but justice might yet be served.

The Hawks played absolutely brilliant, played better on the day no doubt. :thumbsu:
The pressure on the ball carrier and slowing the ball down when the momentum was starting to shift to the Cats were vital.
Xavier Ellis, what an emerging star, thought he was still a year or two away but he played BOG I thought, put his head over the ball and used it extremely well. I think the Cat's bandwagon is slowing down, the other teams are starting to bridge the gap and your mob is still young, the Hawks should win it back-to-back barring injury. Good work. :thumbsu:

Thankyou hawthorn football club for everything you have done for Doug Polkinghorn today.
Doug Polkinghorn is at the game today and is a very close family friend of mine.
To those who don't know don't know doug, he has been a trainer at hawthorn for many years, who is gravely ill, but to see the way hawthorn boys have performed the way they have and for the hawthorn football club to do everything they have to get him to the game today is absolutley fantastic.
Being a bomber supporter all i can say is thankyou from and old foe and a new found friend.
Well done Hathorn Football Club not just on the field but off it as well you truely are the family club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back