Mega Thread The 2016 Buckley Coaching Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was us trying to be "hard" in response to their approach which backfired due to us having dumb campaigners as players and no onfield leadership to bring guys back to reality before it was too late.

No too far out but I would put coach slight higher about 25% for tactics, game plan, match ups then pass over to assistants, for 25%, the rest list, conditioning and injury management.
You could be right

Interestingly I thought they initiated it and we handled it poorly - am I mistaken?
Whoever thought it was a good idea it didn't work nor did they change to direct any left over aggression towards the ball.
As usual Ch7 only showed the aftermath of what happened at the start of the game. All I saw was the torn jumper.

Last edited:
Interestingly I thought they initiated it and we handled it poorly - am I mistaken?

From what I saw, I'd agree with that - they came out with the tuff stuff and behind the play dirty niggles, sucking in our lot and dropping like they'd been shot once they had the umpires' attention in order to get a cheap free kick.

The same guy who has been hacking ThatsGolds account these past few months.
That's gold 's posting hasn't changed much really. He was calling out this poor Collingwood before we all realised how poor we are. He praised Sinclair this year which might be considered change but Sinclair has changed into a much better player this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's gold 's posting hasn't changed much really. He was calling out this poor Collingwood before we all realised how poor we are. He praised Sinclair this year which might be considered change but Sinclair has changed into a much better player this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah he was obviously abducted by aliens and they replaced him with a shape shifting cyborg. Didn't get the personality cloning quite right though. You can tell it's not the real TG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah. I just had a look at Shaws coaching record to check on this for myself and MY EYE MY EYES!! I've never seen such horror. I have ptsd now.
Made me laugh, but will give a chance to laugh.
With a better list think he may have been a good coach:).

Made me laugh, but will give a chance to laugh.
With a better list think he may have been a good coach:).
You could be right but then again with a better list micky mouse would be a better coach too. The only way was up for Shawry though that is for sure.

“There’s plenty of people asking questions out there, about what we’re capable of."

“They can ask all the questions they like. Only what we do on the park is going to count.”

Nathan Buckley - 2015 season launch.

"They have created a culture, they have created a list and team that we have very high expectations of."

"I would suggest not only playing in finals for the next three years, but I would expect us to be top four and winning a premiership during that period of time". - Gary Pert on Nathan Buckley's contract extension in March 2014.

"While it is a one-year extension to his contract, myself and the board are delighted with what he is doing". - Gary Pert on Nathan Buckley's contract extension in March 2016.

"They have created a culture, they have created a list and team that we have very high expectations of."

"I would suggest not only playing in finals for the next three years, but I would expect us to be top four and winning a premiership during that period of time". - Gary Pert on Nathan Buckley's contract extension in March 2014.

"While it is a one-year extension to his contract, myself and the board are delighted with what he is doing". - Gary Pert on Nathan Buckley's contract extension in March 2016.

The board need to be accountable for what has followed & what is to come. It's one thing to make a mistake appointing an inexperienced coach. But it's another entirely to have that decision send you in a backward spiral & do nothing but give extensions. At this rate the only team likely to be worse than us next season is Brisbane.

The board need to be accountable for what has followed & what is to come. It's one thing to make a mistake appointing an inexperienced coach. But it's another entirely to have that decision send you in a backward spiral & do nothing but give extensions. At this rate the only team likely to be worse than us next season is Brisbane.

It's going to be interesting to see what Pert and the board do next year. Will they give Bucks another one year extension or let him coach the year out without a 2018 contract?

It's going to be interesting to see what Pert and the board do next year. Will they give Bucks another one year extension or let him coach the year out without a 2018 contract?
One thing you can guarantee , between now and then there'll be plenty more s**t talk .

I doubt he will get an extension during the year.
If he continues it will not be decided until the end of 2017 and it will depend on the results of that year.
No Finals = No Bucks.....and I believe he will step down and won't need to be sacked

No Finals = No Bucks.....and I believe he will step down and won't need to be sacked
I would predict the opposite. If there's one thing Bucks is not, it's a quitter and one lacking in self belief. Stepping down would be an admission of failure in Bucks' view. He will always believe he can succeed, and will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the coaches seat if he is to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back