The 2017 Rolling All-Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point what does Grundy have to ******* do?

Does he have to stop forwards kicking goals? Oh he does that.
Does he have to start taking more intercept marks? He is already one of the best in the comp for that.
Does he have to start getting more disposals and attack from the back line? Averages 17 disposals this year, and is one of our key organisers.
Does he have to have team success to get recognition? Oh.

Maybe he just needs a s**t tattoo.

WTF no Clayton Oliver?!?!

This was a quote from an article posted on the AFL website this morning:

"Clayton Oliver: Only three teenagers have been All Australians, but the Demon - who turned 20 only last month - gave himself a chance with an impressive second season. Had no fewer than 24 possessions in any match, and added hefty clearance and tackle numbers. Players traditionally make the All Australian team after a second strong season, but Oliver should at least be part of the squad."

The selectors dun ****ed up big time.

Does he have to start taking more intercept marks? He is already one of the best in the comp for that.
Does he have to start getting more disposals and attack from the back line? Averages 17 disposals this year, and is one of our key organisers.

Shades of Mal Michael.

They already named 3 ruckmen in the squad ;)

How on earth did Scully make it after an ordinary year ?

And it's not sour grapes, as I recognise he's exactly the type of player we're missing, but seriously, he had a good start to the year and a poor second half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont shouldn't have made the squad. Had a mediocre year for someone who is hyped as much as he is. Come at me.
Try telling the commentators that.

I've yet to see a Bulldogs match this season where the commentary box didn't collectively jizz themselves whenever The Bont touched the sherrin.

The Scully selection is bewildering

Not really.

Not the I'd pick him but I like the fact they are trying to pick an actual wingman rather than plonking another inside mid on the wing like some years.

Piggy Oilver and No beers for Duncan very unlucky not to make the 40.

Terlore very lucky I would have Adams over him.

How many goals did Robbie Gray kick? Would need to be at least 35-40 to get a forward spot.

JJK FF.
Franklin CHF.
Betts pocket.
Zorko flank.

Gray was primarily a forward this year (because of injury?), kicked 47 goals

Not really.

Not the I'd pick him but I like the fact they are trying to pick an actual wingman rather than plonking another inside mid on the wing like some years.

And Yet Mitch Duncan was left out despite getting far more ball on the outside and having a far better year than scully.

And Yet Mitch Duncan was left out despite getting far more ball on the outside and having a far better year than scully.

I'd have no issue with them picking both and not picking Treloar or Bontempelli.

Duncan is unlucky.

Yeah, very stiff. Lost position to a mouth breathing KPF. Players should be picked in position. Grundy > Rance IMO, but Richmond would have been stiff to drop that one too.

Adams > Treloar
Duncan > Scully
HGrundy > Lever
Oliver > Selwood
Fantasia > Garlett
anybody > Greene (played nowhere near enough footy)
Toby Greene deserves his nod. May have missed games, but when he plays he's the best small fwd in the comp in my opinion.
Not flash, but very good.

Mitch Duncan probably the stiffest player to miss out. Has been better than his captain and guys like Treloar and Ross.
Fantasia i would have had in the squad, but given he won't make the team ahead of Greene, Betts or Gray, it's not a huge thing. Was a good chance for the team for bit there.

Selwood well down on AA form this year. Bont too. Clearly there on name/hype.
Lever had a good patch, but nothing to say AA for me.
Scully is an odd one. Did his job but hardly an AA season.

Out: Selwood, Bont, Treloar, Ross, Lever, Scully, Jonas
In: Duncan, Fantasia, Oliver, Grundy (Syd), Rampe, Ebert, Macre

My last team i did:
Rance - Grundy - Laird
Docherty - Hurley - Hibberd
Merrett - Kennedy - Kelly
Martin - Daniher - Franklin
Greene - Kennedy - Gray
Ryder - Dangerfield - Sloane
Mitchell - Duncan - Zorko - Crouch

Changes to:
Howe - Rance - Laird
Docherty - Hurley - Hibberd
Merrett - Kennedy - Kelly
Martin - Daniher - Franklin
Greene - Kennedy - Gray
Ryder - Dangerfield - Sloane
Mitchell - Lynch - Zorko - Crouch
Fully expect Bont & Selwood to get named.

Maybe Oliver missed out on percentage...

That's it, thread should have been closed with this post.

Oliver is indeed stiff but meh, this is all subjective anyway. Doesn't change the fact he had a good year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back