The 2018 Footy Show - will there be a 2019 version?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the Front Bar.

But for me nothing beats the footy show of 2006-2012 it was great. There was no preaching at it was just 5 blokes who genuinely seemed to like each other belting the crap out of each other. JB and Garry had great chemistry with Sam it was just fantastic

The show is a dead duck.

Honestly haven’t watched it in years. The introductions at the start were always way too long and by that stage I turned off out of boredom. It just wasn’t funny anymore and dragged out.

The Front Bar is genuinely funny and has a better pace.
Personally can't stand The Front Bar - find their humour is forced and not natural. I know many will disagree with me but there we are - we live in a democratic society and can disagree with each other.

Personally can't stand The Front Bar - find their humour is forced and not natural. I know many will disagree with me but there we are - we live in a democratic society and can disagree with each other.

I don’t think it’s great - just watchable, footy show unwatchable.

I'll say this as somebody who prefers the front bar to the footy show. The Front Bar is benefiting from being the new kid on the block so to speak. It's fresh and its different from the footy show, giving those who are tired of the footy show an alternative show to watch on a Thursday night.

Just what will happen to the front bar when they run out of interesting ex players to have on the show?

I'll say this as somebody who prefers the front bar to the footy show. The Front Bar is benefiting from being the new kid on the block so to speak. It's fresh and its different from the footy show, giving those who are tired of the footy show an alternative show to watch on a Thursday night.

Just what will happen to the front bar when they run out of interesting ex players to have on the show?

It will pass on to tv heaven just like League Teams, Grumpy Old Men and Before the Game.
Probably has four or five years in it.

For anyone wondering how they're going to fill tonight's show with no games this weekend, here's Nine's press release promoting it (SOURCE)

We’re rolling out the great characters from the teams still in the hunt – reliving the glory days and reigniting the rivalries that matter on the eve of the finals.

Collingwood great Peter Daicos and West Coast dual premiership player Guy McKenna are in to discuss how their former sides will fare in the West, whilst David Neitz who captained Melbourne last time they were in the finals in 2006 is on the desk with Geelong favourite, Barry Stoneham.

To round out the legend catch-ups, AFL Hall of Fame member Terry Wallace comes in to talk about the historic game between two of his old teams, Hawthorn and Richmond, who will meet for the first time ever in the finals in September.

Following the announcement that his time as a Bomber is up, veteran Brendan Goddard will be on the panel to discuss his prospects of playing on in 2019.

The panel cross live to the AFL Players MVP Awards where Billy Brownless joins Carlton’s young gun, Patrick Cripps.

In the theme of “Legends Night” former Essendon captain Simon Madden will be entertaining the panel and the audience with his live band.

Sam heads to the MCG alongside former Carlton ruckman John “Big Nick” Nicholls, arguably the greatest ever Blues player, to relive one of the most infamous grand final moments of all time, alongside former Melbourne star, Laurie Fowler.

Eddie and the gang will also announce an exciting new act to join the list of performers for the Grand Final Footy Show spectacular.

Plus, Damian Barrett will be in to break the biggest stories in AFL.

So let me get this straight...

Tonight's show will be devoted to retired players who haven't done any media appearances in a while.

Now.... where else have I seen this recently?

Last edited:
Most of these football shows are just one big yawn, particularly as not too much football stuff gets discussed. Don't mind Talking Footy for at least they discuss football and the players!
Grumpy Old Men was great value to hear from old footballers before they too old to remember stories of their time...lol

Some absolute gems in there now forever caught on video. Before the Game and League Teams are only relevant for the week they on but historically nothing of great value.

I like the Front Bar.

But for me nothing beats the footy show of 2006-2012 it was great. There was no preaching at it was just 5 blokes who genuinely seemed to like each other belting the crap out of each other. JB and Garry had great chemistry with Sam it was just fantastic
Why just to 2012? JB and Garry were co-hosting up to 2015.

I miss that JB and Garry era too. The chemistry, the banter, it was great fun. The Sunday Footy Show continues to work for the same reason.

Eddie had his time with his orignal stint from 1994 to 2005, while still a good host dare I say it his style is a little outdated now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why just to 2012? JB and Garry were co-hosting up to 2015.

I miss that JB and Garry era too. The chemistry, the banter, it was great fun. The Sunday Footy Show continues to work for the same reason.

Eddie had his time with his orignal stint from 1994 to 2005, while still a good host dare I say it his style is a little outdated now.

Peak time for me was until 2012- I still watched it nearly every week from 2013 until the end of 2016 (when JB left) but it wasn’t as compulsory viewing as it was in the 7 years before hand if you know what I mean- was still probably my favorite on FTA though.

1. Get retired players on the panel
2. Revisit old stories and moments (nicholls etc.)
3.?????
4. Ratings

Put it out of its misery please.

How come they are doing a Tuesday night show next week?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It’s Molloy and Maher.

Molloy is just overly pleased with himself these days while Maher’s “haw, haw, haw” cackle is grating.

Yes it has become quite ordinary, Hello, if you don't like it why watch it then whinge.
Some people seem hell bent on whinging til it's taken off air, ala poor old Humphrey B Bear. The world is full of dogooders and dickheads with lives as exciting as pregnant ferrets, * off and find something constructive to do, like practice birth control.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back