The 2021 Gin and other random beverage discussion thread

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Over here in Canada people seem to love these "hard" drinks. Hard basically means a normal drink with alcohol.

Hard Root Beer. It even says on the can it "is for grown ups" haha.
Mikes Hard Lemonade
Theres a whole range of hard ice teas called Hey Yalls

Oh and cant forget Caesars. Clam and tomato juice with vodka and spice

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Over here in Canada people seem to love these "hard" drinks. Hard basically means a normal drink with alcohol.

Mikes Hard Lemonade

Clam as in the shellfish?

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Mikes Hard Lemonade

The Caesars are pretty damn good

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't stand goats cheese - too gamey for me :sickv1:

I hadn't heard of gout being caused by an (relatively fast acting) allergic reaction before - maybe it's something else that has the same end effects as gout. Gout usually takes a while to develop..

Excess blood uric acid can induce gout, a painful condition resulting from needle-like crystals of uric acid precipitating in joints, capillaries, skin, and other tissues. ... purines are metabolized into uric acid which is then excreted in the urine. Consumption of some types of purine-rich foods, particularly meat and seafood, increases gout risk. [wikipedia]

en-wikipedia-org-fluorescent_uric_acid-jpg.1046929
I dunno, all I know is what my doctor told me. He reckoned it was gout, gave me some anti-gout medication (Lengout) which seemed to clear it up in a day or two, and it never happened again since. I didn't really have any of the risk factors (not overweight, don't drink excessively, don't have high blood pressure, etc etc), that cheese was the only thing out of the ordinary in the days preceding it, so that's all I could think of as a potential cause. And for what it's worth, I wasn't just eating chunks of goat's cheese, it was just an ingredient in some of the food served at the party I was at :p So I couldn't really tell you what the cheese itself tastes like, and I'll never be eating it again just in case, so I guess I'll never know :p

Mikes Hard Lemonade

Tom Gleeson would love drinking in Canada...

Try Kraken, or any spiced rum really, with egg nog.

You're welcome.

EFA. Add some cinnamon and ice cubes and away you go.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
View attachment 1048654

New at Dan's, anybody tried this one?
Not the red citrus.

I'm very suspicious around flavoured gins. The occasional one works, but too often it just has a lack of balance. You don't have any sense of the other gin flavours.

I think, if you want another flavour in your gin, add a mixer.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
West End straight out of the river that flows alongside the establishment
The quality improvement in West End over the last few years has it on par with any of the brewed under licence rubbish people are willing to pay $12 a pint for because they think it's imported.

It's no Mismatch or Little Bang. But it's better than Great Northern Et al.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The quality improvement in West End over the last few years has it on par with any of the brewed under licence rubbish people are willing to pay $12 a pint for because they think it's imported.

It's no Mismatch or Little Bang. But it's better than Great Northern Et al.
I find West End ok if you like to chew thru your beer 🍻

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Are cans your preference over glass?

No preference. I don't get into all the craft beer nonsense where a big part of drinking the beer is the sexy can.

This is a bit of a sad story. I was having a bit of session on the pints of coopers pale, started to feel a bit over it so changed it up to a can of coopers pale and I was back!

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I find West End ok if you like to chew thru your beer 🍻
That's Coopers Pale Ale, particularly from a bottle, or if you're unlucky enough to snag the bottom of the keg

Back