Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

little-train-crash.jpg

they had 3AW doing it last season without exclusive rights issues. Looks like they're doing coverage again this season.
Was that syndicated nationally, as MMM coverage would probably be? In which case, ABC was still required from CA's perspective.
Unless radio rights are free, it doesn't make sense to pay for rights and not get exclusive access. Maybe some regional areas would not get a MMM aligned station to broadcast and the ABC is therefore still required.

Was that syndicated nationally, as MMM coverage would probably be? In which case, ABC was still required from CA's perspective.
Unless radio rights are free, it doesn't make sense to pay for rights and not get exclusive access. Maybe some regional areas would not get a MMM aligned station to broadcast and the ABC is therefore still required.
Plenty of AFL games are broadcast on multiple stations, even within the same location.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...r/news-story/b08e748225d06ae01655756c03e36f4c

more no Lee and Hussey. Surprised that Ch9 are actually trying to get a non-Australian POV in the commentary (KP and Waqar)

"retired greats Kevin Pietersen and Waqar Younis"

Um, when did Kevin Pietersen retire?

And Waqar lives in Sydney

Figures. Asian would normally be way too 'ethnic' for Nine's coverage but he'll know how to boganify his commentary.

lol if anything this book just makes Clarke look worse.

Shane Watson said:

“For me I think it was more a reflection of the person he is more than what it was directed towards me,” Watson said.

“In the end it is really disappointing that things like that start to come out two or three years later on when we are all very content in retirement.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol if anything this book just makes Clarke look worse.

Shane Watson said:

in addition:

The release of Michael Clarke’s autobiography this week has renewed focus on the testy relationships within recent Australian teams, including Clarke’s with Watson, colourfully described. In his own case, Watson thinks that the more important relationship was one he lost when Ricky Ponting retired in December 2012. It left, he says, a huge vacuum in the Australian team, which might never be filled.

“Ricky’s just a good human being,” he says. “There were a number of times in my career where I sat down and chatted to him about important things. But when leaders change, environments change. The best environment is where a player can say those things and not feel judged, where they feel supported. But the system today is about creating good cricketers, not good human beings. The good human beings get in by chance.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back