The Under 19 Australian Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They have given Singh plenty of chances. Surely they’ll select Hicks or Campbell ahead of him in the semi-final

They have given Singh plenty of chances. Surely they’ll select Hicks or Campbell ahead of him in the semi-final
that run out when he was batting with the skipper in the game before England should have sealed his fate. The complete lack of awareness was horrendous for a guy considered one of Australia's top prospects.

Would be quietly confident our bowlers can do the trick if we can get to 180+. Pitch hasn't looked particularly easy to bat on.

Konstas looking better and better, has looked a bit reluctant to attack at times so far this tournament but I can definitely understand the hype watching him today. Massive knock considering the position we were in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Konstas looking better and better, has looked a bit reluctant to attack at times so far this tournament but I can definitely understand the hype watching him today. Massive knock considering the position we were in.
He looks like he just needs to get in. Hopefully as he matures he can work through that.

Anderson looking a handful with the ball. Hazlewood lite.

I'm hopeful that one or two of our current young Shield players push through to test - but these guys seem to really be promising.
It's very, very early. Long way to go for this group. A lot of these under 19 players will never play that much state cricket if history is anything to go by. If 2 go on to be Australian regulars then it's been a successful group.

Anyways, we are playing Pakistan in the semis

I'm hopeful that one or two of our current young Shield players push through to test - but these guys seem to really be promising.

I posted earlier in this thread that I think only Harry Dixon and his 360 degree aggressive game and possibly one or two of the bowlers have the potential to play for Australia.

Konstas, Weibgin, Hicks all look like good to very good state cricketers. The bowling group is a real mix of all sorts. Straker, Andersen, Vidler could all go either way right now. Injury, potential, development and lust of success will prove which way they go.

At this stage I think this group has 3 genuine international tracking players. Dixon, Peake and Vidler

I posted earlier in this thread that I think only Harry Dixon and his 360 degree aggressive game and possibly one or two of the bowlers have the potential to play for Australia.

Konstas, Weibgin, Hicks all look like good to very good state cricketers. The bowling group is a real mix of all sorts. Straker, Andersen, Vidler could all go either way right now. Injury, potential, development and lust of success will prove which way they go.

At this stage I think this group has 3 genuine international tracking players. Dixon, Peake and Vidler
I think Konstas shows international potential?

Just noticed the Australian semi final isn't until tomorrow night. How annoying since the other semi was played last night.
It will be interesting to see who they select tonight given they have already tested a number of different combinations. I think batting depth is a real problem.

This is who I would select:

1. Dixon
2. Konstas
3. Weibgen
4. Hicks
5. Peake
6. Campbell
7. MacMillan
8. Aitken (WK)
9. Anderson
10. Beardman
11. Vidler