The Apprentice: 2024 Republican primaries

Who will be the 2024 Republican candidate?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Donald Trump Jnr

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Eric Trump

• Ivanka Trump

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Josh Hawley

• Matt Gaetz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Ted Cruz

• Lindsey Graham

• Marco Rubio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mike Pence

• Mike Pompeo

• Tucker Carlson

• Sean Hannity

• Devin Nunes

• Jim Jordan

• Chris Christie

• Other

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nikki Haley will throw her hat in the ring 15/2 US

Nikki Haley will formally announce she is running for president and will seek the Republican nomination for her party’s 2024 ticket, The Post and Courier has learned.

According to an invitation soon going out to her backers, Haley’s advertised “special announcement” will come Feb. 15 at the The Shed at the Charleston Visitor Center, a downtown gathering spot that could draw hundreds of supporters into the heart of the city’s tourism district.

The confirmation she is entering the race came Jan. 31 from a member of Haley’s inner circle.

But I wonder if she is the stalking horse for Trump?

A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that in a head-to-head matchup, more Republican voters would cast their ballots for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (45%) than for former President Donald Trump (41%) if the party’s 2024 presidential primary were held today.
Yet if even one additional Republican candidate challenges Trump and DeSantis for the nomination, splitting the party’s “anti-Trump” vote, the former president would take the lead.

Besides leading Trump in a hypothetical, two-candidate GOP primary contest, the Florida governor (44%) also edges out President Biden (43%) in a general election matchup.

In contrast, Trump currently trails Biden by 6 percentage points, 41% to 47%, among registered voters. This is in large part because he performs 3 points worse than DeSantis among Republicans and 9 points worse among independents.

Seeing DeSantis' weak response to Trump's digs at him being a pedophile has me convinced it's game over.

Trump's not a trans child, so DeSantis doesn't have the fire in him to really bully him in the way he's going to be bullied by Trump.

He'll be saying "Please clap" before the year's out.

I was impressed by Nancy Mace when she was on Bill Maher, looks like she's getting some traction with the clown show going on as contrast. Latest is her making some funny jokes about the GOP and Gaetz.
She making a push for the legacy Repubs. The MAGAs will probably be real upset. I wonder which way the conservative media machine will go. Perhaps she'll have gotten the Koch or other mega donor backing, and there'll be some positive content about her.

I was impressed by Nancy Mace when she was on Bill Maher, looks like she's getting some traction with the clown show going on as contrast. Latest is her making some funny jokes about the GOP and Gaetz.
She making a push for the legacy Repubs. The MAGAs will probably be real upset. I wonder which way the conservative media machine will go. Perhaps she'll have gotten the Koch or other mega donor backing, and there'll be some positive content about her.
Just had a quick scan of her resume. Very solid background and one that would get the Republican boys all het up.

Might be one to keep an eye on.

“Really, who lies about playing college volleyball? Like, who does that?” she said of Mr. Santos, who, among many other things, claimed to have been a member of Baruch College’s volleyball team. “If you’re going to lie, at least make it about something big, like you actually won the 2020 presidential election.”

Last edited:
She's a democrat running as a republican.

Really no different (but inverse) to what Tulsi Gabbard was doing.

Just had a quick scan of her resume. Very solid background and one that would get the Republican boys all het up.

Might be one to keep an eye on.

“Really, who lies about playing college volleyball? Like, who does that?” she said of Mr. Santos, who, among many other things, claimed to have been a member of Baruch College’s volleyball team. “If you’re going to lie, at least make it about something big, like you actually won the 2020 presidential election.”
Yep, not sure if she has the admin chops for the top job, but VP for sure.

She has an interesting track record, ambitious, early MAGA type, opposed Obamacare, worked on local Trump campaign, voted against 2nd impeachment, but seems moderate on abortion, opposed off-shore drilling(albeit her state's coastline).

She's a democrat running as a republican.

Really no different (but inverse) to what Tulsi Gabbard was doing.
She doesn't have many Dem positions AFAIK. Moderate anti-abortion(wanted exceptions etc), locally pro-environment(how's she feel about other states'), supports marriage equality rights and other anti-discrimination.
She holds the GOP line on other issues, anti-DC statehood, voted against 2021 stimulus plan(like all GOP), criticized Trump and fraud allegations but still wouldn't impeach him, strongly anti-ACA.
While she did campaign for Trump in '16, she doesn't appear to be MAGA. She's gone after several different political offices, so she's quite ambitious.
Will be interesting to see how she responds to getting pushed for policies in a national campaign.

Gabbard is also very ambitious. TBH, when some guys were fapping about her bikini,(which was outstanding for politics) I felt insincerity in her early interviews and at the debates. Too much PR, not enough content. I honestly wasn't surprised in her flip. She followed the money. It has all been about career for her.
Mace might be that as well. She might well be a conservative D who had to join the R because its South Carolina. But she does seem to follow her values most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FpCXzIoXgB0Q9YM

Really looking forward to these primaries.

Not on the Republican side of things, but Marianne Williamson is putting her hand up again.

Dems are discussed here

Unlikely a candidate, unfortunately, but it had to be posted somewhere. After the Tennessee Governor passed laws outrageously banning drag, and with eleven other states looking to do the same, attention has turned to the Lieutenant Governor Randy McNally and his messages on Instagram, particularly to a 19 year old gay guy who likes to pose near naked in photos of himself.

230309-franklin-mcclure-ig-post-randy-mcnally-comment-jm-1554-9bf2f4.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202023-03-09%20at%201.14.57%20PM.png

You can turn a rainy day into rainbows and sunshine, what?

What elevates this beyond your standard "homophobic conservative politician being outed" was his tremendous interview explaining himself. I have linked to my favourite part of the interview, where he explains why he posts comments such as these (unfortunately playback is disabled so you need to click the link but I promise you it's worth it!).

good breakdown in this article

I think next year it going to be utter madness

When the potential electorate – broadly defined as those who say they might participate in the 2024 GOP nomination process – are asked to choose who they would most likely support from a list of nine potential candidates, two familiar names rise to the top: 40% say they would most likely back Trump and 36% Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. No other candidate reaches double digits, with former Vice President Mike Pence and former UN ambassador Nikki Haley at 6% each. Combining first and second choice candidates, 65% name DeSantis as their top or second choice, 59% Trump, 22% Pence, 15% Haley and 9% former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, with the rest of the field at 5% or less.

Lets say Trump drops out for criminal reasons and De santis gets in

who will be his running mate?
Does he play clever or broad?

If he is clever he takes on Haley - if he is broad he would choose someone who forms a large Republican base without overshadowing DeSantis

A good lapdog would be Pence

Does he play clever or broad?

If he is clever he takes on Haley - if he is broad he would choose someone who forms a large Republican base without overshadowing DeSantis

A good lapdog would be Pence

Haley would be the smart choice, I agree

interesting see where Glenn Youngkin ends up in all this (if at all)

Back