Remove this Banner Ad

Eagleboy2011

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
If you want to be like you never left home, you wouldn’t drink fosters. I’ve never seen anyone here drink that.
They have it on some plane flying over. I don't think anyone asks for it. It's what you have reluctantly when everything is gone.

Rabish Binney

Left out overnight
Sep 7, 2021
Off the land, rural SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt; Man City
They have it on some plane flying over. I don't think anyone asks for it. It's what you have reluctantly when everything is gone.
My son and his mates went to the USA when they were 19. They ended up down In Mexico and went to a bar and ordered Coronas. The barman asked them if they were English - and when they said no, they ask why he had asked them that. The barman's response was that none of the locals drink Corona as they think its cats piss.

Bit like Fosters here in OZ.....

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
My son and his mates went to the USA when they were 19. They ended up down In Mexico and went to a bar and ordered Coronas. The barman asked them if they were English - and when they said no, they ask why he had asked them that. The barman's response was that none of the locals drink Corona as they think its cats piss.

Bit like Fosters here in OZ.....
I heard a while back that Fosters in the UK is actually Crown Lager..I can't verify that though

Eagleboy2011

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I heard a while back that Fosters in the UK is actually Crown Lager..I can't verify that though
I like Crown. That is not what is on the planes. Qantas domestic has/had Fosters but I've never seen passengers asking for it. I don't know where the love of Fosters came from. The Vic's I know wouldnt touch the stuff. I recall the Barry McKenzie movie and that's all he drank. Our Grand Prix was sponsored by Fosters.

CrowsB4hoes

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like Crown. That is not what is on the planes. Qantas domestic has/had Fosters but I've never seen passengers asking for it. I don't know where the love of Fosters came from. The Vic's I know wouldnt touch the stuff. I recall the Barry McKenzie movie and that's all he drank. Our Grand Prix was sponsored by Fosters.
I feel like if they re-issued Fosters, it would be popular just for the retro novelty factor

spenze

Hanging Member
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
If tomorrow isn't a public holiday, I am in for a very, very bad day

Beer is so good

spenze

Hanging Member
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am drinking the last of a pale ale I hopped with VIC secret and Galaxy, this is 5 months old now and the last bottle...it is such a good beer, one of the best I have made...I am having a minutes silence for this. It was bloody good four weeks in but five months...how do I put this...and no offense to the ladies but it is like your wife going I have made you a Lemon Meringue pie and whilst you are eating it i am going to sneak under the table.

I know I made it but I'd pay good money to drink this

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
335654995_3567632063556814_7325261709374349031_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crowholder

All Australian
Jul 26, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Torrens... I mean WWT
As you can see I have some beer holders as my username pic, but the fact is I prefer to drink red wine and whiskey...not at the same time though :D . When I do drink beer though, then Coopers is not a bad drop.

spenze

Hanging Member
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have a very good copy of the Coopers Pacific Ale going at the moment. For people that brew, it's that one when you get the hops % done spot on, not a degree on either side, just bang on. For those who may be interested for every litre that is 3g of galaxy and 2g of Melba. The beer itself is at 3 months of conditioning but geez bit of back-patting going on whilst I am drinking this

Eagleboy2011

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Just turned on the History Channel. A program just starting "Your Shout" It's the history of Beer making in Australia. Should be interesting. Fosters, XXXX, Coopers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back