Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The best logo

hopefully Essendon will too.

I'd love it if they'd go back to the old monogram with the crossed flags. The one on the gates at Windy hill.

81170722.jpg

But it won't happen. :(

here's an idea for a new port logo

I've counted 9 elements so if you're not part of the melbourne design team it's a pretty good effort.
In all seriousness though the port logo doesn't really need a redo because it combines the prison bars and the power nickname whilst being suttle about it.
No offence but I think they should keep it like that and not let the "professional designers":)eek:) get their greasy mits on it.

Alright, time for my say...
Adelaide-No, no, no. Go back to the classy flying crow or at least change it to something more traditional. :thumbsdown:.
Brisbane-I guess it's alright but I'd prefer the Fitzroy lion. Pass.
Carlton-Perfect as it is. :thumbsu:.
Collingwood-Perfect. :thumbsu:.
Essendon-Seriously needs a redesign to make the bomber look cool again. :thumbsdown:.
Fremantle-In time it will become a classic. :thumbsu:.
Geelong-Two superb, original designs. :thumbsu:.
Gold Coast-Big, bold and way too much gradient. Could have for something original at the start up but they fluffed the opportunity. :thumbsdown:.
Hawthorn-Don't mind it as long as it's not used on too many jumpers. Pass.
Melbourne-See above post. :thumbsdown:.
North Melbourne-It's got blue and white stripes and kangaroo. Could be better. Pass.
Port Adelaide-See above post. :thumbsu:.
Richmond-I love the tiger but the logo as a whole is a bit outdated. Pass.
St Kilda-A timeless classic. :thumbsu:.
Sydney-It incorporates what makes Sydney, Sydney and it's an original design. :thumbsu:.
West Coast-Looks pretty good as a whole but is not as good as the original. Pass.
Bulldogs-Outdated but still simple. Pass.
GWS-A bit big for my liking but still simple and pretty classy. Pass.

Thing about the Essendon logo is, I thought that it was a face. Like a machine face if you know what I mean. Only at the start of this year did I realise it was a plane. Think its one of, if not the worst logo in the league

Thing about the Essendon logo is, I thought that it was a face. Like a machine face if you know what I mean. Only at the start of this year did I realise it was a plane. Think its one of, if not the worst logo in the league

I thought it was a plane with a face?

Posted this in Jumper Ideas 2012, here is an updated version of my Western Bulldogs Concept:

Western-Bulldogs-Concept-1.jpg

Fantastic workhorse. Bold, original and fierce.

When I was younger, I always thought it was a face. Then I realised it was a plane, or bomber...

The Canterbury Bulldogs have a really good logo. If I wasn't a South Freo fan, i'd say it's my favourite dog logo in sports.

logobul109.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide: Words can't describe just how bad it looks. Sure the previous design was in need of an update but this current version looks like it was made in the 70s. Terrible.

Brisbane: Extremely underrated. I like the Fitzroy lion but to be fair it was in need of an update. I really like the realsim of the new design.

Carlton: Way to plain and boring. There is way too much unused space. The previous logo was classy, traditional & professional. This isn't.

Collingwood: Probably the second best in the AFL. It represents a club of great history. Perfect.

Essendon: I still like it, but I think some modifications need to be done in order to bring it up to modern standards.

Freo: Nothing much happening but certainly an improvement over the old logo which was dated back in 95.

Geelong: They both look classy and representable without going OTT.

GC: Looks like a child designed it

Hawthorn: Excellent. A massive improvement over the older design. Great attention to detail with the scope of realism to the head.

Melbourne: Reeks of arrogance. Its way too busy and cluttered.

North: I don't mind our logo but it does come off as a try hard to sell the Kangaroo brand. Much preferred the 90s version.

Port: Is in desperate need of a re-branding

Richmond: The best logo in the AFL. Great coulors, the tiger head stands out and the text is fine.

St.Kilda: It comes off as traditional and professional without coming off as dated. Great simple design.

Sydney: I love the V shape, and the Swan head is simple yet effective.

West Coast: For some reason it comes off as stretched but its not too bad considering. I preferred the 90s version though

Western Bulldogs: I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look great either. Middle of the pack.

header.png

Surely not, looks like I could probably whack up something better on paint :/

EDIT: looks a bit better scaled down. Was really pixelated on their website, but still...

Bit of personal sentiment and bias attached. I remember going to my pops house in South Freo, and he had a coffee mug with the Bulldogs logo. I can't remember how many times I asked for that cup...

Bit of personal sentiment and bias attached. I remember going to my pops house in South Freo, and he had a coffee mug with the Bulldogs logo. I can't remember how many times I asked for that cup...

Haha, nah its all good. I know where you're coming from. I used to always (and still do :eek:) drink out of the port glass at my nana's house too... ;)

Back