The best cartoon series ever

Remove this Banner Ad

NSWCROW said:
Who else had the 5 lions as toys ?
I had the original Voltron which was about 20 different spaceships that also broke into 3 larger ones.
Any pics ???

Man I loved Voltron! I was a little spoiled, I suppose, I had the 5 lions that could join together to form Voltron, and I had the Castle which opened up to put him in. Man that was cool. I have no idea what happened to them, parents probably gave them away to an opp shop, or more likely a little bloody cousin...!

coxon said:
i had a red and a yellow one... i remember the black lion toy (torso) was really big and didnt really look like a lion... hated those little sh*ts who had the whole one...

i also had a mini version of the 'car' voltrol u were referring to...

:D ahaha, that would have been me! The Voltron sword that came with it was pretty big, and pointy. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to sell something like that these days for safety reasons.

rick James said:
I'm telling you people Tekkaman Blade would kick the crap out of any of these bs superheroes you're talking about.

He was like transformers, but cooler. And more violent, and not advertising anything other than violence and how easily it solves life's problems.

RJ, you've nailed it here, this cartoon was unbelievably awesome! I used to watch this every morning, I'm pretty sure it was on CheezTv. I'd love to download some eps and watch them again.

kizza said:
RJ, you've nailed it here, this cartoon was unbelievably awesome! I used to watch this every morning, I'm pretty sure it was on CheezTv. I'd love to download some eps and watch them again.

I found a torrent for the whole series, 5.5 gig, downloading atm! :D

two of my favourites

theangrybeavers_ext.jpg

ren-n-stimpy.gif

Andre said:
As a kid my favourites were:

Star Blazers (I'm going to have to try and find a torrent of this, over 20 years since I saw it).

Hehe I wouldn't trouble yourself too much over it.

I mean I loved the image I have(had) in my head of the show, the memeories as a kid. I found a VHS tape of 3 episodes in my local store about 4 years ago.

It was bad !!

One thing I can say though, I love the fact thatme, and people my age grew up watching all the 5pm-6pm manga cartoons on ABC in the mid 80's.

Inspector gadget sort of stands out as an oddity...

But yeah, Astroboy, the two voltron, ulysses, battle of the planets, starblazers

Hmm I'm not sure if it qualiifes as a series
But I love watching the old Warner Bros shorts and toons (I'm collecting them on DVD atm) they are so much gritter and more edgy then the sugary Disney flicks.
The Legendary Cross Dressing Bugs Bunny battles with Elmer Fudd are always great to watch :)
Also the Daffy and Porky team worked really well together.
They are the cartoon series I've enjoyed the most, both as a child and adult

celtic_pride said:
The Legendary Cross Dressing Bugs Bunny battles with Elmer Fudd are always great to watch :)

I rate Bugs & Daffys "wabbit season/duck season" verbal stouche higher than that

kizza said:
ahaha, that would have been me! The Voltron sword that came with it was pretty big, and pointy. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to sell something like that these days for safety reasons.

Still got mine on display in my room :)

If any toys from my childhood ever get thrown out i'd throw the biggest hissy fit ever!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danzan22 said:
the answere is easy. south park, no contest.

No.

I watch South Park. I enjoy it. I laugh out loud.

But that's it.

Cartoons like Transformers, Mysterious Cities of Gold and Astroboy had imagination. They had magic. They had substance, they had more than just postmodern humour.

So many good cartoon shows. over the years. I was a great fan of "Sheep In The Big City" , also "Daria", "Kim Possible", the classic Warner Brothers cartoons and these days I enjoy "Class Of The Titans" on ABC. "South Park" and "The Simpsons" I found to be patchy; sometimes hilarious, other times quite dull. "Justice League Unlimited" isn't too bad either.

Crosby87 said:
It's a good show, but I think you're overrating it dramatically.

1. The Simpsons (early)
2. South Park
3. Family Guy

Agreed. :cool:

Has anyone mentioned "Bangers and Mash" I used to love that show :)

Kurt Angle © said:
All this talk got me all nostalgic, thinking of me early 1980's childhood infront of channel 2.

We all love these guys right ?

teambubble.jpg

Originally Gatchaman, more commonly Battle of the planets in Australia.

Well it appears there finally is to be a movie to be released in 2008.. (Doesn't say if it's in English though :D )

http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/2008feature.html

I remember that show, used to fly around in ships in the shapes of the birds they were, or am I way off.

Other shows in that genre that i rated (that weren't neccessary mainstream, like the BEST CARTOON of all-time Transformers) were Technoman and Robotech - good times....

^^^ ah yes... g-force :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

remember those sensational looking costumes... the spacecraft that turned into a flaming phoenix... the opening song... fond memories... i looked it up on wiki, and the series we saw in australia, was made in 1978 ?!

taurus said:

Don't remember watching this when I was a kid but that was a very good scene.
The japanese anime in the 70's and 80's were amazing, they are very creative and amazing writers.
Just been looking around the web to find out more about this anime, and I have found the plot of this, what an interesting storyline:

Plot Synopsis: In the late 2100s, the planet Gamilon, a world far beyond Earth's Solar System, declares war on all of Earth. The nations of Earth fight as one against the Gamilons, but one by one, Earth's fleets are defeated. When the nations of Earth refuse to surrender, Gamilon begins bombarding Earth with Planet Bombs, radioactive missiles that look like meteors, which gradually spread deadly radiation all over Earth, forcing what's left of humanity to retreat to underground cities. Queen Starsha of planet Iscandar contacts Earth and promises to provide Cosmo-DNA that can remove the radioactivity and restore Earth to beautiful life. She provides plans to an engine that will allow a brave, young group of technicians to journey more than a hundred thousand light-years to Iscandar, obtain the Cosmo-DNA, and return to Earth within one Earth year. In 2199, an old sea-going vessel is fitted with the awesome engine and launched toward Iscandar. Along the way, the intrepid crew must fight the Gamilons, who are determined to prevent the brave voyagers from saving Earth from extinction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back