Mega Thread The Big Roughy IS IN THE CLEAR!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would drop him, but can you really see Clarkson dropping Roughead next week or whenever, he hasnt got it in him to do something that drastic no matter how poor he is

My wife mentioned the "D" word too. He can play, just doesn't seem focused and motivated.
And I can't stand seeing Rough and Buddy lead to the same pocket...Buddy collects the ball looks up and has no one to give it to. The team plays with no cohesion what so ever.

I personally think there is something going on with him that we havent been told and its only a gut feeling. I saw the same things/signs going on with Hay and Thompson for a couple of years.

Looks disinterested and would prefer to be playing at Leongatha with his mates.

worke rate and effort is non existent.
Body language and general demeanour is terrible.

Someone needs to remind him that playing AFL on a Saturday night in front of 60 thousand people is not all that bad.

I havent seen him crack a smile for about 12 months.

Are you suggesting that we trade him to the roos for two first round picks?

I was just thinking exactly that. Something is drastically wrong with Roughy, he just doesn't seem to care, there is zero effort. Frankly at this point he is a major liability to the team. Can't help but wonder if he is heading to GC. They need to bring in Dowler immediately, at least he will have a go and he is a much better kick than roughy.

Did anyone notice after he took the set shot from about 20m out and hit the post; he smiled. What the #$$@# was he smiling at?
We need a big body in the backline; send him down there immediately and bring in dowler.

A lot bigger worries than roughy in my opinion.

The whole team is down (hodge and buddy exempt), we have worse players, and worse NON-PLAYERS who are representing the hawks at the moment.

Murphy is the worst player in recent history. He wouldn't get a game in an under 18 team. And that's the truth. Anyone ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY believe otherwise?
no way tonight murphy was worse then roughy. your kiding your self mate, but i would think clarkson would wont more from murph.

I am actually thankful that the idiot in charge won't drop Roughie as it keeps alive the dream that we may actually make a tactical change & move the Big Fella to CHB.

He clearly has an issue at the moment when it comes to his kicking - but to me that is an issue where the contest Roughie vs himself.

Put him at CHB and see if he can win a contest vs someone else - I believe he can. Worst case - he can't play any worse than Schoey has done the last 2 weeks...

Throw Roughie into the mix & get him into contest after contest - get him to play himself back into form.

Have a question
If brown and others have signed with goldcoast for big $$$$, then would they play the heart out and risk an injury ?
Questions have to be answered if any player wants to go then let them, would rather play the kids for rest of the year who are proud to wear the jumber,
I am embarassed to be a hawthorn member right now and Dont think it will turn around anytime soon
icon9.gif

Every game, the talk seems to centre about Roughie.

A few years ago, he was missing easy set shots and people shrugged it off as something that he will 'get better with age'.

Two years on, he's gone backwards in many regards. Where he was once arguably the second best young tall in the competition, he's gone massively downhill.

So what does it mean for him? Dad said to me whilst watching the game that he thought he'd signed with the Gold Coast - and whilst I don't hope that's true, it makes me wonder ...

If not, Wallsy had it right when he called Jarryd lazy in the last quarter.

Something needs to give. If he's not going to kick straight, not going to lead, do we turn him into a back? ...

his head's in Queensland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am actually thankful that the idiot in charge won't drop Roughie as it keeps alive the dream that we may actually make a tactical change & move the Big Fella to CHB.

He clearly has an issue at the moment when it comes to his kicking - but to me that is an issue where the contest Roughie vs himself.

Put him at CHB and see if he can win a contest vs someone else - I believe he can. Worst case - he can't play any worse than Schoey has done the last 2 weeks...

Throw Roughie into the mix & get him into contest after contest - get him to play himself back into form.

You nailed it....

Have a question
If brown and others have signed with goldcoast for big $$$$, then would they play the heart out and risk an injury ?
Questions have to be answered if any player wants to go then let them, would rather play the kids for rest of the year who are proud to wear the jumber,
I am embarassed to be a hawthorn member right now and Dont think it will turn around anytime soon
icon9.gif

I would hate to think that anyone has signed or come to an agreement with GC. From what I've seen of Brown, I don't think he has. He's still playing with Heart and aggression. Roughy on the other hand ... I wouldn't believe he could do such a thing and I don't think we should be casting doubt on our players without any sort of proof.

It took a long time for people to realise that Tarrant was an unreliable kick and that perhaps he would make a good backman.....hope we dont make the same mistake with Roughhead
The backline provides instant pressure and whenever he has gone down there he has done well
Same with Campbell Brown who is a natural backman.....cant wait for Hooper to return for some forward pressure and send Brown to where he belongs

Brown needs to play backline.

Agree, why Clarkson persists with Brown in the forward line.

Jarryd, your a class player, your confidence is down, the coaches are not helping in this area.
Jarryd, why do you continually have set shots for goal of 2 steps is beyond belief.
Coaching panel, play the guy at CHB, what do we have to lose.

I feel for Rough. He was awful tonight and I'm not surprised there are calls for his head.

But honestly we are at rock bottom and it's Round 6. There's at least 4 months till anything can really be done personnel wise so I guess I will back him. I reckon he will pull through this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back