FTA-TV The Block 2019

Who Will Win The Block 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it funny how the show's been on for about 13 years and no doubt the current contestants have watched every series, but somehow still manage to be "shocked" when they run out of money, shocked when Scotty gives them more, shocked when they have to do meaningless challenges, shocked when the judges dare give them an ordinary mark, shocked when Keith & Dan insist they redo work.

I'm always hesitant in these shows when it comes to the weekly villain, as the editing goes a long way to make things look worse than they really are. A few weeks ago people were calling El'ise the psycho.

Speaking of Eli'se, did anyone notice the slow mo replays of her jumping up and down after they won the challenge. I thought that was a bit tacky.
She has the blocks best ever legs.

She has the blocks best ever legs.
She is an attractive woman, no doubt, but the constant whinging turns me off. Given how much those two argue I hope they have great make up sex.

Q. Who runs the whole Block? Budgets, etc. The exec producer?

Scotty is just a puppet, correct?
I don't think Scotty is just a puppet in this show aka just the presenter. He is part of the production company that makes the block.

Does anyone know how much money they received from vouchers as if the purchases from their vouchers include the max discount?

I’m assuming they have a voucher from mitre 10 and if they purchase the timber at 30% that’s a massive saving and it’s not coming out of their cash budget. Similar Beaumont tiles, freedom etc. kinsman kitchens were a voucher?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they've announced the value of the vouchers for a few years now (they certainly didn't last year)

If I was a sponsor I wouldn’t or else you’d have every Nuffie ringing up asking for the same discounts.

My point being if the contestants get a $30k mitre 10 budget and purchase items with a 30% discount then you can’t really compare it to “real world” budgets like some posters were saying.

I wondered to Mrs Gaso the other night whether the ‘ was a later in life addition?
I think I read on the Whirlpool forum thread that she has said that she didn't know that her name had an apostrophe in it until she went to go get her driver's licence and saw how her name was "officially" spelled

I think I read on the Whirlpool forum thread that she has said that she didn't know that her name had an apostrophe in it until she went to go get her driver's licence and saw how her name was "officially" spelled

Google machine has not splitting of the name with an apostrophe but does have the ‘ above the E to turn the Elise into Alise as pronounced

Back