FTA-TV The Block 2019

Who Will Win The Block 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Beats me how House 2 won. Have watched the whole series.
They won because two people got into a bidding war during their auction, not because their house was better (or worse) than anyone else's. I thought T&L were clever playing the "our house won't make much so we should go second" card during the deciding of the auction order. Those two outwitted the others there, I hope their real estate agent advised them that cos then he/she would be a very clever playa. I thought the corner houses would do way better than they did but I'm glad everyone made some good money from it.

I thought it was very generous of M&M to go first knowing it means they probably wouldn't make as much as everyone else because the bidders will back off paying too much because there's 4 more houses of similar quality available. It was clear Danny wanted house 1, but the bidding war didn't escalate as it did in house 2.

So happy to see Deb & Andy make $440,000 for their house.

Next year The Block will be going back to smaller developments, so we might never see one like we had this year again.

Last edited:
Who uses a dining room anymor, especially when you have to walk by a couple of rooms to get there. Not practical at all.
It wasn't made clear in the episode where the re-do room was revealed, but the formal dining replaced the formal lounge, so its actually the first room you see when you walk in the door. The only thing you'd need to walk past to get to it from the kitchen is the stairs

Guess that market for $4m penthouses weren’t there Like we were told at the start of th show. Why would there be when you have a much better area in Elwood down the road. Channel 9 would have lost a lot of money keeping the reserves so low so everyone could make some money.

Beats me how House 2 won. Have watched the whole series. Deb and Andy’s were clearly the best and most functional. Elise had the best roof terrace. Maybe buyers don’t want the middle apartment. I guess the party house didn’t scare buyers off number 2 either.
That dining room is a big waste of space too in number 2. Who uses a dining room anymor, especially when you have to walk by a couple of rooms to get there. Not practical at all. That massive island bench with wasted space in the middle is a stupid idea as well. Good luck to them and the buyer of number 2.

You do realise channel charge companies to advertise? .........their business model isn't to make money of selling the houses, if that was the case then we wouldn't of made it past season 1.

They won because two people got into a bidding war during their auction, not because their house was better (or worse) than anyone else's. I thought T&L were clever playing the "our house won't make much so we should go second" card during the deciding of the auction order. Those two outwitted the others there, I hope their real estate agent advised them that cos then he/she would be a very clever playa. I thought the corner houses would do way better than they did but I'm glad everyone made some good money from it.

I thought it was very generous of M&M to go first knowing it means they probably wouldn't make as much as everyone else because the bidders will back off paying too much because there's 4 more houses of similar quality available. It was clear Danny wanted house 1, but the bidding war didn't escalate as it did in house 2.

Next year The Block will be going back to smaller developments, so we might never see one like we had this year again.

Q. why do we have to make million dollar properties?

Why...

eh because the contestants wouldnt make so much cash, i just answered my own q. Would be good to see something "cheaper" get rennoed tho.

9078a21beaecf807040218f4356ea65a

Hubby is a lucky man. Is all im saying

Recap of the placings:

WINNER: Tess and Luke, $730,000 ($630,000 over reserve + $100,000 prize money)

2ND PLACE: El’ise and Matt, $460,000

3RD PLACE: Andy and Deb, $430,000

4TH PLACE: Jesse and Mel, $388,000

5TH PLACE: Mitch and Mark, $384,000

The winnings for each couple were huge this year — only two seasons ago, the fifth-placed couple won a comparatively small $95,000, while last year, fifth-placers Norm and Jess won $209,000.

But the couples’ placings were also an upset after a season that’s seen Mitch and Mark frequently placed frontrunners, and self-described “dark horses” Tess and Luke repeatedly portrayed as out of their depth and falling behind the rest of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the deciding if auction order Jesse made a comment that a couple of investors were interested in House 2. Probably entirely down to the separate unit. The potential for rental / AirBnB revenue is simply the reason

Houses 3 and 4 were good family houses - but that market has a cap.

Too much was made of the party house aspect of House 1 and not enough of the fact they reduced it to a 3 bed. It’s a pretty simple rule of thumb in property that there is a direct relationship between number of bedrooms and value.

House 5 tried to achieve high-end luxury, but everyone will know it was done on the cheap with an amateur doing most of the work and in a less than desirable location. It was a flawed strategy from the start.

Glad they all made money - will be interesting to see how far they scale back on the size of next years project. Not sure I’m interested in going back to the renovate a small unit days.

In the deciding if auction order Jesse made a comment that a couple of investors were interested in House 2. Probably entirely down to the separate unit. The potential for rental / AirBnB revenue is simply the reason

Houses 3 and 4 were good family houses - but that market has a cap.

Too much was made of the party house aspect of House 1 and not enough of the fact they reduced it to a 3 bed. It’s a pretty simple rule of thumb in property that there is a direct relationship between number of bedrooms and value.

House 5 tried to achieve high-end luxury, but everyone will know it was done on the cheap with an amateur doing most of the work and in a less than desirable location. It was a flawed strategy from the start.

Glad they all made money - will be interesting to see how far they scale back on the size of next years project. Not sure I’m interested in going back to the renovate a small unit days.
I regard to house 1, you are spot on.

They removed the master bedroom and made it into another living area. Then they used the media room as part of the "master suite". Whilst gaining the additional living space, they lost another one in the media room whist also going down a bedroom.

So in essence they lost a bedroom but didn't actually gain an additional living space purely on net rooms.

Then Tess and Lukes comes in and bang all bedrooms and living spaces with the studio as self contained area.

The contrast would have been staggering, it's simply would appear to bigger fro. That respects.

A great series but a few complaints

I have to get over it but the auctions and the setting of reserves annoy me. Channel 9 can set a reserve at whatever they want but let's not pretend it's realistic. I think they have to make sure they keep some incentive so contestants don't drift through the series.

They also need to do better with budgets. I know it makes for good drama but give contestants enough and let them manage it. Continually topping it up didn't make for great TV.

I get they have to cover costs but the in show advertising went to far this year.

Only other complaint is Scotty Cam needs a recharge. I think he is great but it was by far his worse series. I suspect he is so out of touch with anything building related plus I thought he struggled to cope with some of the personalities. Maybe something they need to take into account when casting.

Plus he went into this season knowing how to play the game. That would have been the biggest bonus for a couple of very young, extremely laid back far north Queenslanders.

Perfect choice for them

Back