Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any Carlton related stuff that isn't match related, isn't a rumour, a general rant instead of a post match one, or just isn't that important that it needs a dedicated thread, but you just want to put it out there.

Treat this as a Carlton version of our General AFL discussion thread.

Note: It's not for general chit chat that is not Carlton related.

Continued from here:-

Last edited by a moderator:
i doubt it. the way elmer was talking he made it sound like robbo was up to no good every day of the week. A fight he and there...he would have (as he has done so) grew out out of it anyway. I think we had bigger issues at the club at that time.

He had a couple of biffs on the field also for us. Anyway glad he is doing well. Like 60 said it’s captain . Want our Navy Blues to play with Mongrel and skill and awareness .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi there. (hope this is in the right thread)
In my researching I've discovered never-before-seen colour footage of Carl vs Coll
I've uploaded it to youtube.

(btw, if anyone have any old vhs reels, or old audio cassettes of footy shows/broadcasts that were recorded off the radio, don't throw them out!, I'm happy to get them digitised and upload them. Just DM me. Easy as.)

Carlton vs Collingwood Rd 16 1974 at Waverley

Cheers
Rhett
RFC Historian

cheers for posting that....should we call you SOK (son of Kev)...we're good at that kind of thing over here :thumbsu::)

I have enormous respect for Kevin Bartlett, enormous respect.
same - don't anyone ever kid emselves this bloke was anything but an out and out superstar........3 of his b & fs in flag years.........could play........

i doubt it. the way elmer was talking he made it sound like robbo was up to no good every day of the week. A fight he and there...he would have (as he has done so) grew out out of it anyway. I think we had bigger issues at the club at that time.

I think you're being a bit soft here, how many players survive at a footy club, if they punch on with people on the weekend? Whilst there seems to be only two incidents reported in the media, both involved lots of booze and fighting, the latter, lying to the club about what happened. Im sure the club would have known more about those incidents than the common supporter and they would have known, what influence Mitch's actions had on other players, sponsors and members.

I really liked his physical attack on the ball and the man, he was not a skilled player but he gave everything, he was also a big knob and the club had just gone through years of hanging on to Fev, in the hope he would come good.

Our biggest mistake in my opinion, was the fact that we made it clear to all other clubs, that we would delist Mitch, making him totally worthless in any trade dealings.

Fantastic to see Mitch take his medicine, move to a state where he isn't in the public eye as much, grow up and play some handy football.

I have enormous respect for Kevin Bartlett, enormous respect.
Some players become champions because they are good at what they do, others because they make players around them better by bringing them into the game.

Bartlett was the only player who was able to make himself play better by getting himself the ball. Unique

same - don't anyone ever kid emselves this bloke was anything but an out and out superstar........3 of his b & fs in flag years.........could play........

i was actually being sarcastic.

The same way he used to be about Carlton on his radio program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're being a bit soft here, how many players survive at a footy club, if they punch on with people on the weekend? Whilst there seems to be only two incidents reported in the media, both involved lots of booze and fighting, the latter, lying to the club about what happened. Im sure the club would have known more about those incidents than the common supporter and they would have known, what influence Mitch's actions had on other players, sponsors and members.

I really liked his physical attack on the ball and the man, he was not a skilled player but he gave everything, he was also a big knob and the club had just gone through years of hanging on to Fev, in the hope he would come good.

Our biggest mistake in my opinion, was the fact that we made it clear to all other clubs, that we would delist Mitch, making him totally worthless in any trade dealings.

Fantastic to see Mitch take his medicine, move to a state where he isn't in the public eye as much, grow up and play some handy football.
By the same token - while I ostensibly agree with you - we should take care when discussing stuff we in all likelihood know nothing about. Gossip is poison.

Marlboro were crap ciggies.
Ahh, the days when I could buy a pack of Marlboro and a box of matches for 40 cents. A packet a day plus one pack extra on the weekends, it was easily affordable. Fortunately I gave up smoking when they were around $1 a pack about 40 years ago. Now if I smoked, my weeks worth of cigs would cost 30×8= $240.00 at least!!!
Actually, I would have smoked myself to death long ago.

I am not a fan of AFL Based Video games generally (cause all of the ones I have played before have been naff with daft controls) but feel the desire to buy this for my PS4

images

Would more than likely gather dust being displayed in my man cave aka gaming room (Got a lot of PS4 games to get through atm) but the cover just looks so well, quite frankly sexy.

Would seem a bit self-indulgent if not downright ostentatious if I bought a video game priced at $79.95 simply because of the artwork on the cover though :p
So far the best part of this game has been the ability to custom make my own Carlton team.
Even got Tom Papley playing for Carton now.

By the same token - while I ostensibly agree with you - we should take care when discussing stuff we in all likelihood know nothing about. Gossip is poison.

Ok, I can retract the knob statement, never met the bloke, might be a nice guy, same with Fev, wrong to call them knobs.

Robbo's my hero said:
You’re right to have those reservations. It’s going to be tough for developing teams. You certainly want the team playing near capacity (all players contributing) and no injuries.

17 games. What‘s acceptable regarding results. I think 16 at the moment but 7 or 8 would indicate real improvement.
That would be about right.
I'm hoping we can win 9. I had a bet before the season that we would win more than 8.5 games. Of course that was from 22 games - I just assumed those type of bets would be refunded (or at least adjusted). But apparently they still stand, which I think is ridiculous.

I posted the above on Friday.
Today I got a text from the TAB saying some bets had been refunded. I checked my account and this bet has in fact been refunded. As has a bet on Carlton to finish higher than Essendon.
A bet on the Giants to win the flag still stands.

Just an FYI to those who may have placed bets on the season to check whether they are still valid. Particularly if you don't have a phone account, and physically hold a TAB (or other type) betting slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back