Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why players would want to leave for success anyway.

If they just want to play finals footy, then it's bizarre. If it's for the chance at a flag, then it's stupid. One is never guaranteed success no matter where they go. Players just have to accept that so many will never get to taste that sort of glory.

Thousands of footballers have come and gone without it. It's the harsh reality.

Actually … looking at smurphs frame and his aerobic ability …. I reckon he would have excelled at soccer in another life … not a bad call!

#AllChampionsBelongInBlue

I'm rather curious as to how you've come to that conclusion, given that I've literally spelt out what criteria I expect to use when judging whether a source is worthwhile or not.

Statistics, not rhetoric. If someone builds a case using evidence interpreted from statistics across the year for us being s**t, I'm all for it; if someone discusses how s**t we are because we lost to Melbourne by 109 points, I'm going to nod and ignore.

The trick is to read everything, but not take the subjective stuff personally. Media exists not for the readers, but for those looking to sell stuff to the readers; ergo, they write things that make us read, rather than the things we ought to know.

Just a joke, wasn't have a go at anyone. For all the negative stuff in the media there are both extremes of the spectrum available on BF. Some of the comments on the postmortem threads make the media commentators look soft. If the negative commentary is upsetting people, there is plenty of positive stuff to be found that is just as subjective as anything you will find in the media and much better for the Blood Pressure.

I don't know with this one. I got jack of reading the HUN after pre season and haven't found things so bad since. Like with film and television you get to choose what to watch, there is no expectations on choice. Whateley, Robbo, Cornes - do we comment on the imbalance or just let it slide?
It really could be that the way I see it is that these people rely on my outrage - my pride - to be employed. By giving them the response they crave - by calling up to Cornes show, by complaining online, tweeting them, even by discussing them on here (if you think the media companies aren't assessing their impact from search algorithms online, you've another thing coming) - you are facilitating them doing it further. And I'll go one further.

Is it disingenuous for them to do what they're doing? Absolutely. Is it wrong? What have you done for a wage? Done anything you dislike? Hated your job, while needing it? Can, or should you hate someone for doing what they're told, provided they are not literal nazis?

Is there any real world impact to any of these inadequate scribes idle musings?

I reiterate: if you feed a troll, it knows that you will keep coming back. Responding the way we have, even if only in here, leads to them continuing to be employed. And I dare anyone to try to make the argument that we've been better than most of the media commentary, without resorting to mentioning injuries. It is okay to admit to being poor; it means that the only way to go is up.

If their argument is fact - statistic - based, acknowledge it. If their argument is rhetoric based, give them the good old Richmond answer: "Yeah-nah."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been tough to keep the kids supporting but thankfully I’m so devoted to bloody us, they have stuck fat.........but I lament the lost generation. We have lost 2 generations now! Not good.
I started having kids when the writing was on the wall for Malthouse and we got SOS in as list manager. It's all about timing.

It’s been tough to keep the kids supporting but thankfully I’m so devoted to bloody us, they have stuck fat.........but I lament the lost generation. We have lost 2 generations now! Not good.
we've revitalised that old term, the generation gap......

How long is a generation?

We probably haven't been a feared side since 2000-2001.

We had a brief period of pretending (2008-2013) where we averaged 12 wins a season. There was enough then to keep people interested.

We haven't lost two generations. We've hardly lost one, I'd say.

How long is a generation?

We probably haven't been a feared side since 2000-2001.

We had a brief period of pretending (2008-2013) where we averaged 12 wins a season. There was enough then to keep people interested.

We haven't lost two generations. We've hardly lost one, I'd say.
We have lost 2. Our current children, who are now 20 or so and there’s now.

I started having kids when the writing was on the wall for Malthouse and we got SOS in as list manager. It's all about timing.

That's it all about the timing.

My daughter is two, and my son just two months.

By the time the youngest starts school we will be gunning for back to back flags, and they will walk the school yard kings and queens.

That's it all about the timing.

My daughter is two, and my son just two months.

By the time the youngest starts school we will be gunning for back to back flags, and they will walk the school yard kings and queens.
That's just it. The youngest kids aren't lost - by the time they are at school we'll be doing well and they won't be as vulnerable to bastard Richmond supporting classmates. At least, that's what I am telling myself as my 3 year old nephew has discovered Dusty and now loves all things Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back