Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh not sure what his role is. It’s like he is a sort of list manager sort of ceo? Would be glad to get some clarification from some of the posters here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Best way I can describe is that he's the Chief Football Officer.

Just got back from our yearly family trip to Melbourne.

Footy was terrible, but I must say the after game function was a absolute highlight for my 7 year old son. We stayed until the final siren & took the pain & then afterwards for him to meet some of the players & get autographs & handshakes was sensational.

To a man the players were awesome & I now have even more respect for Ed Curnow. Explained to him we had come over from Tassie & the 4 games my 7 year old has seen live over the course of his life have all been defeats & Ed was genuinely disappointed & apologised a couple of times.

The footy is terrible but the character of the players can not be in question.....interestingly Simmo & Lamb were the only two I did not see in attendance.

On a side not, spoke to Cunners who indicated once he is over his current injury he might get a block of games to find his feet in the seniors.

Cain Liddle I also chatted with & again is a quality bloke who I think could be a real asset to our club, mentioned a former Richmond employee who is integral in their membership department is coming on board & that we will chase hard at least a couple of big name free agents this coming off season.

On a side note, I was surprised at the height of Matthew Kennedy, I stand 192 & whilst he is listed as 188 he looks smaller on the tv when playing.
Thanks BV glad you had a good ending to the day

Thanks BV glad you had a good ending to the day

Thanks Eskie, I am just wrapped that the players were so accommodating to our 7 year old son, who lined up & was practicing his handshake as each player approached. These sort of functions are what helps retain young supporters/members in the tough times.

I have a couple of contacts at the club, whom I will be emailing to thank for the effort that went into the event.

One negative, the adults who have no common sense or are just plain selfish & line the front row & stop the children from getting to meet the players.

Tbh not sure what his role is. It’s like he is a sort of list manager sort of ceo? Would be glad to get some clarification from some of the posters here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He is our equivalent of Neil Balme without Balme's imposing presence (such presence no doubt comes from being such a thug).

I wonder how Bryce is thinking
Left Carlton to play in a crappy crows team this year

I'm thinking that he would be comfortable in having done what was best for his family.

I'm thinking that he would be comfortable in having done what was best for his family.
Exactly.

Don't know why we're holding a grudge there. When his request to get traded was initially rejected - because Adelaide tried to force a cheaper deal than we were comfortable with - he stuck his head down and produced his best season to that point in time; it's arguable that it was clearly his best ever, as he's playing about as well right now, but not better.

People need to let it go.

Modern professional then
Don’t care too much just look after fam
I’d do the same to btw
All I was getting at was crows were in gf last year and that’s seemed to have dropped off a fair bit

I was at a Northern Blues business breakfast this morning with Cain Liddle (CEO) as the guest speaker. As always, he was extremely impressive. Major points from the Q&A were as follows.

1. The club leadership expects the side to be in a position to win premierships from 2020-21
2. Carlton has a 25% larger supporter base than Richmond. Cain is supremely confident he can replicate what they did at Richmond at Carlton, i.e. memberships 100K +. This is where they are currently working very hard, so they can take advantage of an upswing in performances.
3. Carlton have instructed their own recruiting and list mangement staff to build a strong Northern Blues list. This is seen as critically important to the development of our youngsters.
4. Juddy is viewed as just about the most important person at Carlton right now. He is performing a critical roll in the media by explaining the club's strategy and he's also viewed as being critically important to the club's prospects of attracting talented young players to the club through trades/FA.
5. Carlton's two major levers to gain advantage over the other sides in the competition resides with bringing in the best people (culture, competency) and also providing the best facilities (20M for AFLW). He's very happy with where the club is placed on both fronts.
6. Bolts is absolutely the right person to coach Carlton. Cain's view is that circumstances largely outside of their control have been responsible for their ladder position right now, because they are doing a lot of things right (witness Charlie signing on for 5).
7. He once again emphasised the massive gap in the list for players aged 24-26. He left no doubt that correcting this imbalance will be a priority for the trade period this year. Reading between the lines, they are going to be very aggressive in their persuit of players in this age range.

I was at a Northern Blues business breakfast this morning with Cain Liddle (CEO) as the guest speaker. As always, he was extremely impressive. Major points from the Q&A were as follows.

1. The club leadership expects the side to be in a position to win premierships from 2020-21
2. Carlton has a 25% larger supporter base than Richmond. Cain is supremely confident he can replicate what they did at Richmond at Carlton, i.e. memberships 100K +. This is where they are currently working very hard, so they can take advantage of an upswing in performances.
3. Carlton have instructed their own recruiting and list mangement staff to build a strong Northern Blues list. This is seen as critically important to the development of our youngsters.
4. Juddy is viewed as just about the most important person at Carlton right now. He is performing a critical roll in the media by explaining the club's strategy and he's also viewed as being critically important to the club's prospects of attracting talented young players to the club through trades/FA.
5. Carlton's two major levers to gain advantage over the other sides in the competition resides with bringing in the best people (culture, competency) and also providing the best facilities (20M for AFLW). He's very happy with where the club is placed on both fronts.
6. Bolts is absolutely the right person to coach Carlton. Cain's view is that circumstances largely outside of their control have been responsible for their ladder position right now, because they are doing a lot of things right (witness Charlie signing on for 5).
7. He once again emphasised the massive gap in the list for players aged 24-26. He left no doubt that correcting this imbalance will be a priority for the trade period this year. Reading between the lines, they are going to be very aggressive in their persuit of players in this age range.
Excellent! :)

This is very very important and will come with more depth. The best teams have always have a strong VFL team. We need more talent through the door pushing the ones outside the 22 in. So often this year the seniors have been smashed, and the ressies have been smashed with no one calling out to be elevated.

Great post - thanks for sharing.

We look forward to your next breakfast report..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* awesome dude!!
Phoenix stuff...
thanks for your effort.:thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:
nafan's great grand-dad.......

I%20allus%20has%20wan%20at%20eleven1_7649284_tcm11-17880.jpg

Sounds like this was a far better presentation than the Carlton Inner Sanctum function at the RACV club last night.

I’m told by an attendee that it was very underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back