Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we have a women's board but not sure how much it's used yet.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-08-26/back-the-gamechangers
Darcy Vescio, Brianna Davey and Lauren Arnell all headline the first female players who will proudly line up in the Navy Blue from 2017 and beyond.

Now, back the Blues' gamechangers and play your part in contributing to the refurbishment of the Club’s new change room facilities at Ikon Park.

Supporters can get involved in two unique ways:

• A $25 donation to show your support will ensure you have your name printed on the change room facilities.
  • A $200 donation to show your support will ensure your special message of support for the team (160 characters) is printed on the change room facilities as well as a commemorative, locally made woolen scarf.

Hi just an inane club history question. When was the Carlton Cricket and Football Social Club wound up as a nominally separate entity and when did the social club and it's attached Tabaret set up at Princes park cease to operate? Just asking as I've got many fond memories running around the social club hopped up on raspberry lemonade as a kid while the old man got pissed post match and not sure when it all came to an end.

Not a conspiracy theorist at heart, but something playing on my mind.

Last year we had Mick-gate, then after we appointed Barker, we got back-to-back wins quite quickly. This took us off the bottom of the ladder (can't have that) so we then lost 7 in a row. As soon as GC got more than a game ahead of us, we won again the week after and then didn't win any more.

This year, we start off slowly (W/L wise), then hit our straps are surprisingly sitting at 6-5 at the halfway mark. Despite being a rich vein of form, we then go on to lose the next 9 matches in a row. We again win one late in the season, also after Richmond and Collingwood get some breathing space on us on the ladder.

My question is were we tan......'playing within ourselves'?

I know we are not a good team, and losses are to be expected. I know we lost Murph and that hurt in the second half of the season and it ruined our midfield.

But what about the way we pushed Haw, Syd and WCE but looked poor against everyone else? It's like we were thinking 'let's play 100% against the top teams, because we won't win and won't jeopardise our plan'. But against the poor teams, we couldn't afford to be switched on and register more wins....

Should I go buy a tin hat?

Coz this is making a lot of sense to me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back