Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only advantage of Docklands is it is easier to access for those of us travelling from outside Melbourne.
3 hours of freeway, Footscray Rd. park near Festival Hall, short walk.
Love the 'G but so much harder to get to if you are not in suburban Melbourne using public transport.
3 hours of travelling. What is another 10 minutes more in grand scheme of that journey ?

3 hours of travelling. What is another 10 minutes more in grand scheme of that journey ?
10 minutes would be fantastic. The roads to get across from the Tulla like Victoria St. can be an absolute nightmare.
5 years away has countryfied me to the point where I just don't cope with traffic lights any more!
I drive around like Crocodile Dundee in New York.

10 minutes would be fantastic. The roads to get across from the Tulla like Victoria St. can be an absolute nightmare.
5 years away has countryfied me to the point where I just don't cope with traffic lights any more!
I drive around like Crocodile Dundee in New York.
You do not have to drive to the MCG.
Plenty of trams get you there within 10 minutes of CBD. Even walking there though garden parks in some areas is nice on sunny day.

I posted this in the membership thread but maybe it should've gone here:

Not sure which thread to put this in...but I'm looking to buy Round 1 seats, but looking at Ticketek there are only a few bays available. If I want seats along the wing on the top level, do I just need to wait until those bays are released?

I posted this in the membership thread but maybe it should've gone here:

Not sure which thread to put this in...but I'm looking to buy Round 1 seats, but looking at Ticketek there are only a few bays available. If I want seats along the wing on the top level, do I just need to wait until those bays are released?

I just did a quick dummy purchase.

There are seats available on the top Level Q49.

Only other available is Level 1 Goals for now.

Give Ticketek a call 13 28 49.

Yeah I reckon the club is going to make a hell of a lot of money out of us supporters/members in the next few years.
It's great that membership is growing, but there will be a payoff in terms of reserved seats and upgraded levels of membership.

I've been a member for nearly 5 decades and have reserved seats twice (apart from finals):
Round 22 match at Princes Park when Richmond knocked us out of the finals (Gieschen had just taken over).
Final match at Home versus Melbourne.
Actually 3 times - night match v Bombers late in 2000.

The only time I was locked out of a ground was the round 22 game versus Bombers at the MCG in 1995.
In all those years I have only ever been a base-level member. This year I upgraded to Captains Club for fear of what might be coming.

It would be so much easier and cheaper if we could just stay s**t for another 20 years ;)

I know the bolded tongue in cheek, but as the quote points out, it would also be much easier and cheaper if our home games were played at the G.

We were told a few years ago that we couldn't move our home ground to the G because we didn't have the member numbers (at the time, cited as 50,000+). Now that we have the member numbers, we won't move to the G because the club won't be able to milk the "supply and demand" benefits of having a home ground that won't even fit the club's members.

Betts a late call-up for the SOO game, will be playing alongside Crippa.

Two blokes to enjoy watchng, two blokes to ride every bump with praying for no injuries.
hmm,,, good news on one hand, but given drafted from Calder Cannons, I would have enjoyed it more if he replaced Robbie Gray for Big V.

Just bought my tickets to Round 1.

First time ever goping to see the Tiges v Blues in Round 1 (first time ever seeing the Tiges v Blues live actually), so bloody keen to see this.

Flying over Thursday morning and leaving Sunday night after a BIG weekend of footy.

Go you Blue Things

Don't think this list build is anything like the Tigers or Dogs, think it's more along the lines of the Cats, but the closest comparison would be the Lions, despite some variances

This next phase is crucial, remaining patient is the key. I don't want the club to sell the farm prematurely like North and more recently the Saints.

Continue to replace pending retirements via the draft, while still targeting moneyball type acquisitions like Setterfield, Martin, etc

Draft best available, trade for needs

I understand the doubts surrounding Barker and the role he's played to date within the coaching department but liked listening to him here. Hopefully, he's like a Jones of the coaching world, where we had him on the heap but florishes in a new position (meaning having a new Senior Coach)

Last edited:

I understand the doubts surrounding Barker and the role he's played to date within the coaching department but liked listening to him here. Hopefully, he's like a Jones of the coaching world, where we had him on the heap but florishes in a new position (meaning having a new Senior Coach)
Barker has been one of the clubs problems for so many years. Has been at the club for far to long. Only loves the stars and can’t develop. Hawks got rid of him for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting tidbit, Teague chooses not to use an office and sits with the assistant coaches. That's about it.

Teague only does that so he can work out which one is barass70....

Teague only does that so he can work out which one is barass70....
The really interesting bit was when he talked about most clubs playing an 18 man defence and then suggested that our point of difference ala advantage could be in a 18 man offence, interesting times ahead and this could give a pointer towards which way team selection might go. Just a thought

The really interesting bit was when he talked about most clubs playing an 18 man defence and then suggested that our point of difference ala advantage could be in a 18 man offence, interesting times ahead and this could give a pointer towards which way team selection might go. Just a thought

Well picked up

Noticed the squeeze from our backmen pushing up high and hard, so much so that Plow intercepted a Pies kick in inside their defensive 50 and kicked a major.

It may expose us the other way at times, but prefer that we take the game on.

Hopefully, when we are under siege, we can still play effective tempo footy

Well picked up

Noticed the squeeze from our backmen pushing up high and hard, so much so that Plow intercepted a Pies kick in inside their defensive 50 and kicked a major.

so long as we make it count on the scoreboard. There were many times of the last couple of years where we a majority of the ball in our forward half, couldnt score after countless inside 50s but then the opposition would counter and score with ease.

Well picked up

Yeah I guess the ideal is a balance between the two which I think we started to show signs of getting better at, the other factor will be the balance between the oldies and youngies which will be a big factor in our long term sustained growth, finding that balance is something that I think Teague obviously got a lot better than previous attempts and I think by slowly adding more time to the young mids it will make for a better short term result as well as long term.

Dow at present certainly performs better in short bursts and I think the way we used him against Brisbane worked really well, while Cripps got the plaudits, and rightly so, Dow at the start of that 3rd quarter did really well he had 3 centre clearances and actually set up a couple of goals, one of the set ups was exactly what Teague wants them to do, a small sample I know but this illustrates his dogma perfectly, he took his first attempt going inside and just missed the target but as the ball came back out he won possession baulked a player ran on steadied and kicked the ball perfectly to a spot 35 out that only Carlton players could mark and of course the great man Crippa did for his second of his four goals. I just thought it was the perfect illustration of take the game on and if you make a mistake put it behind you and do it better next time, which is exactly what Teague is telling them.

To be fair, the only people who had him on the heap were mostly found here, where it's fair to say 95% of us (me included) wouldn't have a clue what he is like.

He has survived a change of Coaches and a big change in Assistant Coaches, so it's obvious the Club rate him.

Barker has been one of the clubs problems for so many years. Has been at the club for far to long. Only loves the stars and can’t develop. Hawks got rid of him for a reason.

Interesting.. how has he survived so long at the Blues? Genuinely interested to know.

My mail from an ex player is he is a ripping bloke who the players and other Coaches really like and rate.

so long as we make it count on the scoreboard. There were many times of the last couple of years where we a majority of the ball in our forward half, couldnt score after countless inside 50s but then the opposition would counter and score with ease.

That's a fair point

I guess under Bolton it was more a slow, merticous, structured build up, which allowed teams to throw numbers quickly into the defensive half.

If Teague continues with this quicker ball movement, it's less likely the opposition have that luxury of getting numbers back.

Holding it in will be the crucial aspect

Interesting.. how has he survived so long at the Blues? Genuinely interested to know.

My mail from an ex player is he is a ripping bloke who the players and other Coaches really like and rate.

Spot on

Many have had Barker and Amos in the gun for some time, now all of a sudden, they seem to be part of our rise.

What i am more interested in is how Fraser performs, especially with a better quality depth of list ( injuries pending)

Spot on

Many have had Barker and Amos in the gun for some time, now all of a sudden, they seem to be part of our rise.

What i am more interested in is how Fraser performs, especially with a better quality depth of list ( injuries pending)

Have always been a fan of Amos personally, that's going off nothing more than the interviews I see but also the lines he runs always seen to do well. He moved away from the backline for a year did he not?

Have always been a fan of Amos personally, that's going off nothing more than the interviews I see but also the lines he runs always seen to do well. He moved away from the backline for a year did he not?

Yeah he did, but taking the midfield for a year with so many injuries would have bee a tough gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back