Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the media will keep going, we blinked.

Until the club comes out strong, it will continue

The media will never stop until we win games. Never.

Forget about rhetoric like the club being strong. We were strong for the last 4 years, didn't stop them.

Forget about rhetoric like the club being strong. We were strong for the last 4 years, didn't stop them.

I couldn't give a sh1te about the media, many of our own supporters are more clueless

But let's keep pandering

And they are like that for all clubs...i know some here like to think the media have it out for Carlton, but they go for anyone in a vulnerable state.

Knives were out for Scott. Woosha was/is under pressure.

The baying for Buckley's blood hit ridiculous heights in 2017 and went on for ages. And yes there were a lot of calls for McGuire to follow Buckley out the door.
I was very surprised they were able to withstand the pressure and both stay on, now they are both geniuses.

What was it based on? Win/loss?

It's a win/loss business.

We've won 4 out of our last 43 games lol that's a joke our list is better than that.

Without going into detail Liddle did also mention it was 'the way we were losing' which is what a lot of us here think as well...we've been completely listless 4 out of the last 5 weeks and everything to do with our game plan, structures, ball movement etc have looked terrible. Where's the development?

I'd even argue that it was more based on a deplorable on field product with a lack of investment by players, particularly the captain.

That is something you just cannot come back from.

As far as I saw it, it was either Cripps or Bolton. We made the tough choice.

We sakcing Cripps now o_O

It's a win/loss business.

We've won 4 out of our last 43 games lol that's a joke our list is better than that.

Without going into detail Liddle did also mention it was 'the way we were losing' which is what a lot of us here think as well...we've been completely listless 4 out of the last 5 weeks and everything to do with our game plan, structures, ball movement etc have looked terrible. Where's the development?

Development does not happen overnight nor is it linear

Bolton won 7 games in his first year, with our most experienced team, each year that team has been stripped of experience

What most of you don't realise, he was coaching for the future, rather than trying to save his job and then taking longer for this group to come through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton won 7 games in his first year, with our most experienced team, each year that team has been stripped of experience

What most of you don't realise, he was coaching for the future, rather than trying to save his job and then taking longer for this group to come through

Most of us realise that. Yep we blinked.
But as Judd said on FC 6 weeks ago, footy is a results based business.
Its been confirmed today.

You don’t need to be condescending Arrow. Unless you’re referring to Facebook idiots, most of us know he was coaching for the future. But if he’d continued as coach those 60,000 members would become you, Soapy and a couple of others. I wish we all had your patience and holistic outlook, but most of us don’t and was said a number of times it’s a win/loss industry with a pretty simple KPI.

Having said that, if we beat Gold Coast, Hawthorn and the Pies, we’d be 4 and 7, still grumbling, still dealing with trolls wanting Bolton to go, but at least aware of the improvement. But we didn’t win those games and it seems the toll of those losses finally broke the back of the players and the coaches. Sunday was the culmination of this.

Don’t worry though if Brad Scott, Burns, Nicks or whomever they appoint gets us winning again I’ll be praising Bolton and what he established.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And things will not change or deviate our timeline, there will be more highs and lows short term

What then, sack another coach because of impatience
Probably, yes.
Unless significant improvement is shown over a 3-4 yr period this will continue to occur.
It happens at most clubs, unless they have the ultimate success.
How much longer do you think Beverage will get if the Dogs continue their slide? Or Goodwin, or Pyke, or Dew, or Richardson etc

As Doc mentioned in his and Crippa's presser it has been a very hard couple of weeks at the club.
This did not start yesterday folks. Lots of people don't like change because it means risk.
The narrative around this club and it's supporter base has had a circuit breaker Brendan leaving now allows the club to evaluate clearly.
Remove emotions and make clinical decisions, Old Carlton New Carlton I could care less Carlton is defined by a history of success.
These past 20 years are the antithesis of what Carlton is about on field.
Let the broom's sweep new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back