Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what we're talking about now?
There are good things happening at our club, but also some of the same disunity.

I've said what I've said about our President many times over and he will be stepping down....but somehow he just wants one more year. Jusyt can't let go.

harks exactly what is it, you are trying to reveal to us?

Absurd? Not absurd to me as the President is completely out of step with proceedings.

Why is this hard to understand? We have a incompetent steering the ship and an iceberg isn't far away.

While I disagree that the President is incompetent, if he is actually incompetent, then that still doesn’t show in Bolton’s sacking in any way.

The decision was correct, and the timing was correct.

Hold whatever grudges you want, but you cannot hold the sacking of Bolton against Logiudice.

harks exactly what is it, you are trying to reveal to us?

I'm not sure I can do more than I have and if it doesn't resonate than that's fine also.
You can go by the way opf some counterparts here and call me names, but I to me it's all black and white. Nop prejudice involved, which is more than I can say for few individuals that have a 'need' to play the man.

I'm not sure I can do more than I have and if it doesn't resonate than that's fine also.
You can go by the way opf some counterparts here and call me names, but I to me it's all black and white. Nop prejudice involved, which is more than I can say for few individuals that have a 'need' to play the man.

When have ever I conducted myself in that way?

While I disagree that the President is incompetent, if he is actually incompetent, then that still doesn’t show in Bolton’s sacking in any way.

The decision was correct, and the timing was correct.

Hold whatever grudges you want, but you cannot hold the sacking of Bolton against Logiudice.

Stamos. You're smarter than that. No grudges involved if you read what I put forward.

I applauded MLG's stance on Bolton just before the Saints match. It was bold, well articulated and sincere........but to then back-flip. or be forced to back flip only a week later is not a good look for the indiivdual at the helm of your club......and it wasn't even his call.

You do understand this, don't you?

just throw various images and a few words together and voila - you're relevant!

I'm just trying to get an understanding where HARKER frustration is stemming from?

On paper we are doing things that were unheard of 10 years ago...…

Investing in media, cold calling ex memebers ... bringing back club champions to get buy in ....

I see a whole upside of up atm ...

This SOS thing has me down though ... it perplexes me. Bolton's sacking shitted me to tears ..... So maybe where there is smoke ... and the tail wagging the dog????

Dunno these are just musings ....

When have ever I conducted myself in that way?

Just saying that my points are clear and if they're not, ask like Gethelred did and I'll do by best to articulate them in a fashion that serves this community best. We're all here for a little bit of fun and to discuss...good or bad...all aspects of our club. The end goal is the same for all of us, but how we get there may be seen in different ways byt different people.

I'm just trying to get an understanding where HARKER frustration is stemming from?

On paper we are doing things that were unheard of 10 years ago...…

Investing in media, cold calling ex memebers ... bringing back club champions to get buy in ....

I see a whole upside of up atm ...

This SOS thing has me down though ... it perplexes me. Bolton's sacking shitted me to tears ..... So maybe where there is smoke ... and the tail wagging the dog????

Dunno these are just musings ....
keep any clarity you have locked up tight around here, tinny.......

keep any clarity you have locked up tight around here, tinny.......

Nope ... I respect all views until I don't Thy.

Just like yours my friend.

Stamos. You're smarter than that. No grudges involved if you read what I put forward.

I applauded MLG's stance on Bolton just before the Saints match. It was bold, well articulated and sincere........but to then back-flip. or be forced to back flip only a week later is not a good look for the indiivdual at the helm of your club......and it wasn't even his call.

Backflip. Come on Harker.

1. Take all public statements of support for a coach by any club with a grain of salt.
2. A lot changed after that interview. A lot. You simply cannot ignore the Essendon game.

I’d much prefer a president (or politician etc etc) to ‘backflip’ and make the right decision, than to double down on the wrong decision due to pigheadedness or ‘keeping promises’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who made the call if the President doesn’t sign off on the most important job at the club?

Backflip. Come on Harker.

1. Take all public statements of support for a coach by any club with a grain of salt.
2. A lot changed after that interview. A lot. You simply cannot ignore the Essendon game.

I’d much prefer a president (or politician etc etc) to ‘backflip’ and make the right decision, than to double down on the wrong decision due to pigheadedness or ‘keeping promises’.

Stamos. We lost to GWS the week before by 93 points. Not 45 or whatever it was against Essendon but 93.
If we keep that in context, we have to wonder how this absolute support came about for it to be quashed only 2 weeks thereafter.

I won't put forward my version of events but what do you see that makes sense here?
I knew before the game ended against Essendon that Bolton was gone. It was obvious....bit why didn't our President know,...or was he lying also?

Stamos. We lost to GWS the week before by 93 points. Not 45 or whatever it was against Essendon but 93.
If we keep that in context, we have to wonder how this absolute support came about for it to be quashed only 2 weeks thereafter.

I won't put forward my version of events but what do you see that makes sense here?
I knew before the game ended against Essendon that Bolton was gone. It was obvious....bit why didn't our President know,...or was he lying also?

Wait, what did he say after the Essendon game?

giphy.gif

It wasn't his call, but how could the left hand not know what the right hand is doing?

How can the President one week be speaking of a united front, to only next week crumble and be party to executing the coach. It's a head-shaker.

A Chairman can disagree with a majority view, however he or she is bound to respect the majority view and in doing so that isn't the " left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing"

Wait, what did he say after the Essendon game?

I didn't hear what he said? Not a trick question is it?

A Chairman can disagree with a majority view, however he or she is bound to respect the majority view and in doing so that isn't the " left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing"

Yes he can, but the speak was of one from a whole club point of view.
I foolishly applauded MLG on this occasion, but seems to me that he wasn't in step with his executive.

If anyone can find that interview, it makes for interesting listening given the forthcoming situation.

I didn't hear what he said? Not a trick question is it?

Yes he can, but the speak was of one from a whole club point of view.
I foolishly applauded MLG on this occasion, but seems to me that he wasn't in step with his executive.

If anyone can find that interview, it makes for interesting listening given the forthcoming situation.

you are assuming a decision had been made to the contrary at the time that the president gave his support to Bolton....

big assumption.

Also it is one of the responsibilities of a spokesperson ( any spokesperson) to support teh status quo of a n organisation - until it isn't.

Pres was (at worst) just doing the right thing by the Club.

I reckon you have decided you don't like him a long time ago - which is fine - but there is little that anyone can point to ( really) that he has done very wrong - and al lot he has done right under his stewardship. club has progressed further in a shorter period of time under him - than anything I've seen since I started following AFl and Carlton 20 years ago.

you are assuming a decision had been made to the contrary at the time that the president gave his support to Bolton....
big assumption.
Also it is one of the responsibilities of a spokesperson ( any spokesperson) to support teh status quo of a n organisation - until it isn't.
Pres was (at worst) just doing the right thing by the Club.
I reckon you have decided you don't like him a long time ago - which is fine - but there is little that anyone can point to ( really) that he has done very wrong - and al lot he has done right under his stewardship. club has progressed further in a shorter period of time under him - than anything I've seen since I started following AFl and Carlton 20 years ago.

Jab. I take things as they come forward and if I had a particular dislike for an individual, why would have I applaud him for:
1. An independent committee to appoint a new coach in 2014?
2. His stance of unity as I have already laid forward.

I don't harbour resentment towards anyone but simply on their grounds of action.
I know you won't care to go back 5 years but what I always said was: 'It's not what you do but for the way you do it' that counted for me.
I just don't like the way we do things and for the disunity we create under the guise of unity. I have nothing further to add.

Harks, calm down a little.
We were s**t. Very s**t. The second half of this season we were not.
Bolton coached well for 2 years. The 3rd year was difficult to assess, given the injury toll. This year (his 4th) we conspired to lose games we should never have lost. The Hawks game has been rightly mentioned. The Saints game.
The 2 Gold Coast games tell a real story for me. The first one (under Bolts) we played scared. Scared of losing. We got 3 goals up a couple of times and I thought "here we go, the floodgates will open". They didn't, we left them in touch and we paid the price. The second one under Teague the Gold Coast kicked 4 straight late in the 3rd. Did it matter? No, because we had backed ourselves and been 8 goals in front when this happened.
As mentioned by Stamos, the Essendon game was the clincher. Not just the game, but the lead up. Thomas got on the grog - suspended. Simpson "rested" after one game back from a previous missed game. Cripps simply did not go at 100% in that game. How many times could we say this about him? Dylan Clarke does not beat a fair dinkum Patrick Cripps. The senior players had obviously come to a realisation.
Something had to give after that performance. The Pres had backed Bolts for longer than any previous Carlton regime would have. He is representing us remember. We all saw it. He was compelled to see it. He did, and he acted.
Things are good Harks, better than they have been for a long time. This preseason, and what follows is going to be a great ride. Stay on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back