2nds The Casey Thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong wind favouring casey in the first quarter. 4 goals to none in the opening 10 minutes (Brown, Laurie, White, JVR).

Seems like Joel Smith is playing forward, Howes lining up on the wing.
Keep an eye on Howes for me please, I'm anointing him the next nat fyfe

No pressure

Keep an eye on Howes for me please, I'm anointing him the next nat fyfe

No pressure
Hasn't had a heap of it, but coming off injury to be expected I guess.
Dunstan dominating, Tomo very good down back. Some nice flashes from Chandler, Laurie, Bedford, JVR

Hasn't had a heap of it, but coming off injury to be expected I guess.
Dunstan dominating, Tomo very good down back. Some nice flashes from Chandler, Laurie, Bedford, JVR
Can see orazio fantasia retiring and port throwing us something for chandler. He's too good for vfl, but appears to be too tough for him to break in and get a consistent crack in our seniors.

Smith forward is an interesting prospect.
That’s my biggest take out from this game, Joel Smith playing forward.

It makes sense with TMac out, Ben Brown injured and not that impactful, and then Tomlinson and Turner representing decent depth as taller backs.

As I type Joel Smith taking a shot at goal from a tight angle. Misses.

It makes sense with TMac out, Ben Brown injured and not that impactful, and then Tomlinson and Turner representing decent depth as taller backs.

If he came in and played as a forward, wouldn't even worry me, as long as all he did was try to take Mark of the year and jump in campaigners heads and bring ball to ground..

Be better than our other witches hat up forward

From what I've seen he hasn't had a lot of it, but first game back from injury not expecting much. If he can settle into the role that'd be handy depth

Much prefer him as a forward. Could be a tough match up if he can stay fit. He's quick and that awkward height for defenders. I get nervous with him in defence.

Casey dominating. 70points up at 3QT

If he came in and played as a forward, wouldn't even worry me, as long as all he did was try to take Mark of the year and jump in campaigners heads and bring ball to ground..

Be better than our other witches hat up forward
It is hard to judge Joel Smith’s game. As you said first back from injury and he hasn’t done much, looks out of touch.

Weid probably would’ve kicked five against this lot today.

But if Joel Smith gets a call up I agree he provides a bit of x-factor as a forward with how he attacks in the air. He also adds versatility for any in-game injury to a tall back. So I could see the match committee being attracted to him as a selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus JVR, dumb play. Marks the ball 35m out and handballs it to a team mate who wasn't even watching. Just keep it simple.
It wasn’t great, but he out-read his opponent in the air to take the easy mark. Tick one. And his error was as a result of being unselfish. Tick two.

Just popped his fifth for the game through there, after a smother while on the mark a couple of minutes earlier.

Poor opposition, but he’s been good overall.

Aside from Tomlinson and Dunstan dominating as you’d expect at this level, Turner is another who has impressed. Looks to still be in good form as that taller back who can also provide some run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back