2nds The Casey Thread - End of a terrible season

Remove this Banner Ad

Newton got delisted whilst under contract didn't he? Then taken in the rookie draft so he could still 'play' for us while under contract, but not take up a spot on the main list.

Newton got delisted whilst under contract didn't he? Then taken in the rookie draft so he could still 'play' for us while under contract, but not take up a spot on the main list.
Both he and Meesen were that year, yes. Jetta last year too, but I think he was out of contract at the time.

Not sure if the rules are the same now but you could only do that if the player agreed, you paid them the same amount and nobody else picked them first. Blew our first two rookie draft picks though.

This is how I imagine a conversation went between Bailey and Newton.

Dean Bailey: Michael, you’re not really talented, are you?

Newton: I’ve had my difficulties.

Dean Bailey: I saw you take a massive speckie since then you've done nothing.

Michael: Mr. Bailey during times of great stress, people are capable of super human strength. Have you ever seen the Incredible Hulk, sir?

Dean Bailey: No

Michael: How about the old Spider Man live action show?

Dean Bailey: Michael, I’ve realised we’ve signed a one-year contract with you, but at this point I think it’s best that we both go our separate ways.

Michael: I don’t understand.

Dean Bailey: We don’t like you. We want you to leave.

Michael: Clearer

Anyone got updates on the game? Anybody there? Hulk is playing, c'mon... DETAILS, DETAILS!! :p

Don't get too excited. Very quiet first 3 quarters for the big guy. Couple of marks, 3 kicks and a handball. No tackles or goals. Just getting back into the swing of thins it seems.

Toumpas and Blease both quiet with 5 and 4 touches but each with a goal.

Tapscott and Pedo the best for the Dees.

Casey down by about 6 goals, but kicking with a breeze in the last..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant find the final stats - but I think Riley had a fair amount of it, and laid more than his share of tackles as well.

Nice to See Harmes and JKH having strong games as well.

Casey Scorpions 1.2.8 7.4.46 9.7.61 10.9.69

Coburg
3.2.20 7.4.46 9.4.58 13.8.86

Goals

Casey Scorpions
Fisscher 3 Best 2 Blease Harmes McKenzie Panozza Petropoulos

Best

Casey Scorpions
Riley Harmes Petropoulos Kennedy-Harris Fisscher Georgiou

Pity it's too late to give Harmesy a go in the seniors. The rookie list should open up for the last two rounds of the season or something.

Agree, I'd even make it the last month so the clubs like us with nothing to play for can at least see what the rookies can do.

We'd just get accused of tanking again. And again. And again and again.

Look on the bright side - at least we can't be accused of ruining Casey's finals campaign this year by putting players into surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back