Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Friend of mine sent me this.

* banner for today’s game.
They just can’t let this borderline criminal go. Most clubs would try and distance themselves from someone like Hird, not *.
Always good for a laugh View attachment 483436
F**k it,

May as well open a 'Centre of Excellence for Ethics, Integrity & Corporate Governance' whilst they're at it...

Only dig at the Hawks I can find is this bit which is really just personal opinion on the strength of the teams I would have thought, incorrect personal opinion but still

Our three peat teams would have pantsed our 08' flag team by some margin.

I'm not sure what part of:

Gunston, Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Bruest, Puopolo – all in their prime no less – that RoCo cannot comprehend.

Adding in Lake at the other end makes it Blind Freddy level obvious, that our three peat team would smash Geelong of 08' into oblivion...

I am not knocking them, but maybe he rated Stephen Gilham, Rick Ladson, and Brent Renouf at little higher than the rest of us did.

Our three peat teams would have pantsed our 08' flag team by some margin.

I'm not sure what part of:

Gunston, Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Bruest, Puopolo – all in their prime no less – that RoCo cannot comprehend.

Adding in Lake at the other end makes it Blind Freddy level obvious, that our three peat team would smash Geelong of 08' into oblivion...

I am not knocking them, but maybe he rated Stephen Gilham, Rick Ladson, and Brent Renouf at little higher than the rest of us did.
he wasn't saying that our threepeat team wasn't better than our 2008 team, just that they weren't better than the Geelong 2008 team, even though Geelong lost on the day

he wasn't saying that our threepeat team wasn't better than our 2008 team, just that they weren't better than the Geelong 2008 team, even though Geelong lost on the day

Except Clarko coached our 08, 13, 14 and 15 side - so on his best day Bomber Thompson couldn't outcoach Clarko when it mattered.

Chapman and Gaz would’ve curled up into a ball in any of 2013-14-15....

Chapman and Gaz would’ve curled up into a ball in any of 2013-14-15....
I didn't say I agreed with him, just clarifying the swipe that was had :)

Really what he was saying was even though I said the Tigers flag is just as good as the Bombers in 2000 it really isn't because those earlier teams were better look over here at Geelong

I didn't say I agreed with him, just clarifying the swipe that was had :)

Really what he was saying was even though I said the Tigers flag is just as good as the Bombers in 2000 it really isn't because those earlier teams were better look over here at Geelong
I wasn’t disagreeing with you either. Just pointing out that if the 2008 pressure was too much for the puddy Cats the threepeat side would’ve made a meal of them.

No, I definitely hear you on that.

I was just extrapolating from that viewpoint for the benefit of everyone on here, who has a higher football IQ than RoCo.

So pretty much the whole board then...

: )

I wasn’t disagreeing with you either. Just pointing out that if the 2008 pressure was too much for the puddy Cats the threepeat side would’ve made a meal of them.
I've thought that for quite a few years now, probably after the 2014 flag I saw some 08 footage and thought to myself, * how much space and time does everyone get?
Would nudge 119...

Imagine facing the 2008 cats in 2014, keep the boys as fired up as they were just swap the opponent

They would dead set get smashed as bad as the Swans did, only without Buddy to kick four goals for them I think the scoreline would be less flattering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kind of like having a whole year of birthdays, or NYE.

Only the year goes on for like 6 more (and counting), and you never lose the enjoyment of counting the clock down, or blowing out the candles.
Every time this threads gets a bump, we all get to throw a little more mud. Good times.

Just read that article. He can’t be serious. 2008 cats were so far up there own asses, it’s not funny. They didn’t bring it that day, and it’s not like you get a second shot at it.

He was quite bemused at the number of times he got called a flog by Hawthorn supporters and says that it actually proves his point about supporters constantly justifying their success when others disagree because it’s just an “opinion”. If that’s the case, then you’re a flog RohCo, because if a premiership is deserved, then why try to compare it to previous years or make up a reason for the win ie. equalisation. On what grounds can you possibly prove that the Cats would of beaten the 13, 14, 15, teams when they couldn’t even beat the 08 team. You’ll also probably find that there were plenty of reasons (dank you) that the cats were so dominant at the time

2007 and 2008 were very weak years in terms of the quality of teams. Geelong were significantly better than the rest of the field and that gave the illusion that they were this unbeatable team. They had a very good midfield stacked with stars, a very solid backline, but a pretty rubbish forwardline (made to look far better than it really was by that midfield).

The threepeat Hawks were very, very good by any years standards. Not every player was a star, but there were genuine stars on every line. The weaker players on the list were coached well with roles that suited their strengths (with many of them recruited based on those strengths). There's not a shred of doubt in my mind that any of the threepeat Hawk GF teams would have beaten the 2008 Cats GF team with relative ease.

How good's this thread going?

Not only do we get to poke s**t at the Scum, but also reminisce about the threepeat while we're at it.

:syringe::hearts::syringe::hearts::syringe:

He was quite bemused at the number of times he got called a flog by Hawthorn supporters and says that it actually proves his point about supporters constantly justifying their success when others disagree because it’s just an “opinion”. If that’s the case, then you’re a flog RohCo, because if a premiership is deserved, then why try to compare it to previous years or make up a reason for the win ie. equalisation. On what grounds can you possibly prove that the Cats would of beaten the 13, 14, 15, teams when they couldn’t even beat the 08 team. You’ll also probably find that there were plenty of reasons (dank you) that the cats were so dominant at the time

They only beat us by 11 points in that round 17 game that year, and even then they were bleating that they didnt have Ablett and whoever else, and then when they had their so called stars in the 2008 GF, they got ahead of themselves and thought it'd be a repeat of 2007.
During that period of 08-15 , they never put us away by massive margins either, mostly close games.
They had a good team that year, but who cares? Adelaide had a good team last year , but home and away counts for nothing come September.

They only beat us by 11 points in that round 17 game that year, and even then they were bleating that they didnt have Ablett and whoever else, and then when they had their so called stars in the 2008 GF, they got ahead of themselves and thought it'd be a repeat of 2007.
During that period of 08-15 , they never put us away by massive margins either, mostly close games.
They had a good team that year, but who cares? Adelaide had a good team last year , but home and away counts for nothing come September.

Whilst the Handbaggers were the best side in the 2008 H & A season, I believe that we were definitely equal, if not better than them, in September, 2008.
Won the QF against the Bulldogs by 50+ points.
Won the PF against the Saints by 50+ plus points.

Those bastards were so cocky going into that game - I still remember Cam Mooney saying from about half way through the season proper that "last year was for the supporters, this one is for us". Got his come uppance good and proper on GF day, as did the rest of his big headed mates who thought that they'd just have to show up, and the cup would be handed straight to them!

Geelong supporters won't ever live that down - and for that fact alone, I am eternally grateful!

Of all the premiership teams to pick to try and
down grade, one that 3 PEETED.....

would only be chosen by the truly head****ed.

You have to laugh.

I actually like the way the media are always putting our club down, as it reminds me of when I was a kid, and we, along with St Kilda and Fitzroy were the easy beats. From memory I don't think any club had a win/loss in the negative when I started going to Glenferrie.

Now, most of these reporters were probably born into families who supported the Big 4 and/or Melbourne, in the 50s, and remember how much their parents, and grandparents joked about the rabble from Hawthorn, who would never be any good, and no good players would ever want to go there.

Move forward to the present, and what has happened? Well, the poor relation has not only gone past a few clubs, but we've gone past the bloody lot. The competition even went national, sending South Melbourne to Sydney, and Fitzroy to Brisbane, and bringing in and setting up other clubs from other states. Hell, they even orchestrated a take over, that would eventually make Hawthorn obsolete, they liked to refer to this as a merger, in the same fashion as they call the drug problem a supplement saga.

However, nothing they throw in our path has been able to slow us down, and as long as quality players like Mitchell, O'Meara, Burton, who are also quality people, see the advantages of coming to Hawthorn, nothing will stop us.

So, journalists today, who believe the pen is mightier than the sword will use that as heir last remaining weapon to fight the fact that Hawthorn is the best, and most successful football club since the Second World War.

I feel sorry for them as I can see still more silverware heading our way in the not too distant future, and this will just make them worse.

How good's this thread going?

Not only do we get to poke s**t at the Scum, but also reminisce about the threepeat while we're at it.

:syringe::hearts::syringe::hearts::syringe:
Remind me again what the Essendrug Scum were up to during our Threepeat years. I can be quite forgetful old boy...

Imagine facing the 2008 cats in 2014, keep the boys as fired up as they were just swap the opponent

They would dead set get smashed as bad as the Swans did, only without Buddy to kick four goals for them I think the scoreline would be less flattering

All the things Rohan could say, thinking the Cats 2008 would get near the 2014 team on the day is one outta left field. Sydney were a damm good side that year and got reamed into submission. The team that came to play that day, would have put away any of the premiership teams from the past 30 years imho. Including the 88/89 Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back